Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Odd topic - Christians, Jews

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    We were given a choice by the Romans, to kill one of 2 guys named Jesus. One was Christ, who many Jews did not like. Jesus Christ went around basically trying to be a smartass, questioning everything, but not really with much of a reason for his arguments. The other Jesus, was a very learned Rabbi and scholar. Is it really hard to guess which one we will give up to the Romans if we have a choice? Rabbi/smartass, vs. learned Rabbi and scholar.......hmmmmm........sorry Christ, but you should have at least given more reasons to your arguments then "well, that's wrong because I am the son of God".

Also, to answer your question, do we feel bad about it? NO! We feel bad about how much the Christian religion was a complete ASS to us for a few thousand years. This entire question should be going the OTHER way, considering who was oppressed for the last 2-3 thousand years. Also, if we hadn't "gone out and killed Jesus", how would he have died for your sins? If we had not chosen the other non-Christ Jesus to live, Christianity will probably have never really formed. So you should be thanking us, not questioning whether we feel bad that we started Christianity off basically, and that we will NOT pray to a second God, as Jesus is.

EDIT: If it sounds like I am attacking you, I am not. I am giving my opinion and some background information. If you want it to be an attack on you, go ahead, but that is not how I meant it.
    Ouch, take that Christianity...

However, you do realise what's happened here right? By killing Christ, "You've"
    created the very definition of a martyr and created a religion who was such an "Ass" for the last 2000 years, BECAUSE "you" had the guy killed. I think a little retrospect may be in order...

Hey man don't worry about insulting me, I take no offense. Just make sure to grant the same leniency...
    Last edited by Luciferous; 04-02-2005 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    i thought the romans killed jesus, is this some sort of conspiratorical theory?
    Jesus proclaimed to be the son of God and the King of the Jews, and the Jewish leaders of the time believed him to be false and had the Romans kill him, so the story says...

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferous
    A proud heretic Christian, hence my curiosity of Jewish POV's
    what I don't understand why do you have the name"Luciferous"
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Why not?

All it takes is a little research...

The term "Lucifer" in relation to being Satan is only because of badly translated Babylonian. The Babylonians referred to the morning star (Venus) as being Lucifer (aka to Illuminate, Luciferous - Illuminating), with of course Venus being the first light of the morning. The genious who came across this thought it referred to Satan, also known as the Morning Star before his spectacular fall from grace and hence gave him the name.

pray to a second God, as Jesus is.
    WRONG !!

Fundamental to Christianity is the Holy Trinity - that being God, Jesus and the "Holy SPirit" as one item.

There is NO "second God".
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Why not?

All it takes is a little research...

The term "Lucifer" in relation to being Satan is only because of badly translated Babylonian. The Babylonians referred to the morning star (Venus) as being Lucifer (aka to Illuminate, Luciferous - Illuminating), with of course Venus being the first light of the morning. The genious who came across this thought it referred to Satan, also known as the Morning Star before his spectacular fall from grace and hence gave him the name.
    OK! as long as your not some a evil dude

Quote Originally Posted by QUATTRO MAN
    OK! as long as your not some a evil dude
    Not entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverG35SportC
    Jesus was Jewish, Jews didnt kill Jesus, the Romans killed Jesus.
    Pilate gave the decision to save either Barabus or Jesus to the jewish people gathered.

They voted for Barabus, so Jesus went to the cross.

Teh Romans were manipulated to being the "bad guy" - and hence the act of Pilate washing his hands !!!

If they'd voted the other way then Simon Cowal would have had the casting vote and Jesus woudl still be on Pop Idol
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Pilate gave the decision to save either Barabus or Jesus to the jewish people gathered.

They voted for Barabus, so Jesus went to the cross.

Teh Romans were manipulated to being the "bad guy" - and hence the act of Pilate washing his hands !!!

If they'd voted the other way then Simon Cowal would have had the casting vote and Jesus woudl still be on Pop Idol
    Correct.

About the Holy Trinity thing, Christians do indeed worship Jesus however.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

So when Jews walk by a Church and see a big statue of Christ what do they think? Fraud? Damn, that was a screw-up?

Correct.

About the Holy Trinity thing, Christians do indeed worship Jesus however.
    BUT he is the SAME AS GOD and the Holy Spirit - THAT is the whole point about the TRINITY.

So when Jews walk by a Church and see a big statue of Christ what do they think? Fraud? Damn, that was a screw-up?

this is the way I see it just like when you walk by there synagogue you don't car what is going on with Jews and Jews don't care what Christians do in there church, you don't actually think they car what happen to Jesus do you?, or for them to say "screw-up" PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    BUT he is the SAME AS GOD and the Holy Spirit - THAT is the whole point about the TRINITY.
    Riiiiiight. I don't know much about Christianity........but I'll just assume you are right

As for what we think, well, do Christians pray to that Cross? If you do, we think Christians really should stop doing things that Jesus would have condemned them to hell for. Engraven images are forbidden, Jesus obviously hated them as he was a religious Jew.

this is the way I see it just like when you walk by there synagogue you don't car what is going on with Jews and Jews don't care what Christians do in there church, you don't actually think they car what happen to Jesus do you?, or for them to say "screw-up" PLEASE!
    That's actually true. That is why I am answering how I think about it from here, not when I am passing by.

But the symbol of Jesus on a cross pretty much explains the last 2000 years of Jewish persecution. Surely that means something?

Thread Information