Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Odd topic - Christians, Jews

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    I try not to, but in this case it is a bit of both, politics, and obviously considering what this whole discussion is about, religion.
    That's OK, but we shoudl TRY to seperate them when discussin issues such as "persecution" the Christian church has never had a program of persecution of Jews. The worst that ever got to was the Spanish Inquisition under Roman Catholic church who basicall y persecuted everyone who did NOT profess and assidiously follow RC faith practices
    That is why I said it is close, but not actually breaking the "single God" rule. I will try to be clearer next time, my bad.
    Stil not sure I've dexplained it clearly.
    There is NO "breaking" because Jesus and God are the SAME. Jesus is one side of the triangle, God is the other, BUT the triangle IS jessus, God, Holy Spirit, Each is "interchangeble". As I warned it gets a bit deeper but simply they are one and the same.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    That's OK, but we shoudl TRY to seperate them when discussin issues such as "persecution" the Christian church has never had a program of persecution of Jews. The worst that ever got to was the Spanish Inquisition under Roman Catholic church who basicall y persecuted everyone who did NOT profess and assidiously follow RC faith practices

As I read the first part of this paragraph, I was thinking about the Inquisition, and you seemed to have read my mind because those were the enxt few words I read.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Stil not sure I've dexplained it clearly.
    There is NO "breaking" because Jesus and God are the SAME. Jesus is one side of the triangle, God is the other, BUT the triangle IS jessus, God, Holy Spirit, Each is "interchangeble". As I warned it gets a bit deeper but simply they are one and the same.
    Vastly deep it seems.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Ok, so I have come to realize something.

If people want to continue this discussion, tell me in your posts, and I will make a thread about this.

Why has Christianity swayed so far from how Jesus lived? If people want to discuss this here, also tell me, and I will add in some points to be debated.

First of all, I want to congratulate the people who have posted so far for not turning this into a "flame" thread. When I started to read it, I said to myself, "here we go."

The persecution that all the 3 great religions have suffered have been cuased by both bad politics and intolirance I think. And it sadly still goes on today.

As a Christian I just want to add to what Matra has said so far about the trinity. As Jews and Muslims, we also believe in one living God. I can understand Jews and Muslims being confused on the subject since we do pray to Jesus. Let me put it this way. In the Bible, Jesus was asked: "Master, show us the Father." And Jesus answered "He who has seen me, has seen the Father." Like matra explained a few posts back. The Trinity adds up to just one God. If someone wants, I'll look up the exact chapter and verse of what I posted.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    First of all, I want to congratulate the people who have posted so far for not turning this into a "flame" thread. When I started to read it, I said to myself, "here we go."
    Yeah, "This guy has no idea what he just did, does he...." was the first thought for me. But this has actually turned into a great discussion.

Taz, on the question I posed above, what are your thoughts? (All parts, new thread? And about how Christianity seems to be rather off the path that Jesus marked out)?

Yeah, "This guy has no idea what he just did, does he...." was the first thought for me. But this has actually turned into a great discussion.
    Good thing we were both wrong about that

Taz, on the question I posed above, what are your thoughts? (All parts, new thread? And about how Christianity seems to be rather off the path that Jesus marked out)?
    I think we should keep it on the same thread. As in any interesting topic, many areas and sub-topics are bound to come up. We can't be making a thread for every one of them.

As far as your question goes. Some Christians are off the path the Jesus marked out. But I wouldn't say Christianity in general. But as the Bible says: We are all sinners. In one way or another. I'm not perfect...although very close, haha. But I do my best
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Isn't the "we are all sinner's" thing coming from all humanity sinned when Adam and Eve ate the apple?

That is true, there are so many sects of Christianity that you cannot be general at all about them. But the maintstream ones.....like this family I know. They are Catholic, and say they are mostly religious, and follow the ways of Jesus. Now here came the interesting thought (which I did NOT speak about ). Jesus did not eat pork, and Jesus followed the Torah when it said you should have two sets of dishes and etc. so you can seperate milk and meat. It is kind of hard to tell a Jew like me that you follow Jesus and are more or less religious when you are eating ham, and fish at the same time, with cheese on the side (In judaism you cannot eat fish and meat at the same time).

just watch the south park episode... it explains a whole lot
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

Quote Originally Posted by junaman
    just watch the south park episode... it explains a whole lot
    No matter what South Park talks about, they will mock it and twist it. Its a funny show, but it doesn't really help for an argument unless you are talking about rednecks

no comment

(except that one, and that one. and....)
    pondering things

It is kind of hard to tell a Jew like me that you follow Jesus and are more or less religious when you are eating ham, and fish at the same time, with cheese on the side (In judaism you cannot eat fish and meat at the same time).
    Acts 10:28 says, "but God hath showed me that I should not call any man common or unclean."

The eating of Pork, the mixing of fish and meat were all considered "unclean" acts.

Liek many things, it was a sensibel preactical act which leaders felt had to be taught to prevent infection adn disaease and mixed it inot religion to make sure it happened. THEN 2000-3000 years later it is claimed as religious "word" THAT is why religion gets screwed up , things shoudl always be put in context. eg the tale of the Samaritan, if modern readers dont' know how Samaritans were viewed in their day they dont' get the deeper messages involved.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

like everyone before me, i mean no offence with this statement, but i remember very clearly reading an article quite sum time ago where it sed that since pork these days is cleaned very thoroughly and treated n all, and it doesnt have any germs or watever it was before that made it forbidden, it would now be allowed, by the rabbis, for jews. i remember also reading that a restraunt owner sed that they were runnin short on pork dishes....

true? i remember being very happy when i first learned that judaism and islam both restrict the eating of pork, since it brought the two religions closer, and when i read this, i was not very happy about it. im still not so sure its true, could sum1 (preferably a jew) please clarify?

and plz do remember i meant no offence...
    wat the hell do i put as a siggy?!?!?!

im a christian jesus died on the cross to save us from our sins the jews did not kill jesus the romians killed him if you read the bible you would know .
    pontiac rocks

Quote Originally Posted by The Tuner
    like everyone before me, i mean no offence with this statement, but i remember very clearly reading an article quite sum time ago where it sed that since pork these days is cleaned very thoroughly and treated n all, and it doesnt have any germs or watever it was before that made it forbidden, it would now be allowed, by the rabbis, for jews. i remember also reading that a restraunt owner sed that they were runnin short on pork dishes....

true? i remember being very happy when i first learned that judaism and islam both restrict the eating of pork, since it brought the two religions closer, and when i read this, i was not very happy about it. im still not so sure its true, could sum1 (preferably a jew) please clarify?

and plz do remember i meant no offence...
    It is actually a very interesting thing about the Torah. A "beast" must chew it's cud, and have a split hoof. A pig has niether of these, therefore it is unkosher. The really interesting thing is, the Torah set laws, that even today when there are so many new animals known, it bans only the predators and scavengers.

For example, for fish, how would they know back then what ate other fish? Yet the Torah's guidelins on what fish you can eat, to this day forbid any sea-living scavenger or sea-living predator. There, as of yet, has been no exceptions considering new found animals that get around this. To help you understand why this is interesting, there is nothing in the Torah that says you cannot eat predator's or scavenger's, they "just happen" to be what makes up what you cannot eat.

There is vast amounts of information on it.
    http://www.jewfaq.org/kashrut.htm
    http://www.ohrtorahstone.org.il/parsha/5762/reeh62.htm
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...t+laws&spell=1 Thats the google search for this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by cool chris
    im a christian jesus died on the cross to save us from our sins the jews did not kill jesus the romians killed him if you read the bible you would know .
    thanks to Matra!!! i dont have to retype...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SilverG35SportC
    Jesus was Jewish, Jews didnt kill Jesus, the Romans killed Jesus.

Pilate gave the decision to save either Barabus or Jesus to the jewish people gathered.

They voted for Barabus, so Jesus went to the cross.

Teh Romans were manipulated to being the "bad guy" - and hence the act of Pilate washing his hands !!!

If they'd voted the other way then Simon Cowal would have had the casting vote and Jesus woudl still be on Pop Idol
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Thread Information