Thread: Bowe makes desperate plea

Bowe makes desperate plea

V8 Supercar's John Bowe makes desparate appeal
    Release Date: 14/04/2005
    A devastated John Bowe from leading V8 Supercar team, Team BOC, awoke this morning to his greatest fear. All of his driving gear including racing suits, helmets, hans device and safety items had been stolen from his car at the Carlton Hotel Auckland.

Without this equipment Bowe will be unable to compete in the V8 Supercar event at Pukekohe this weekend, rendering his 2005 championship season worthless.

Bowe, with the help of New Zealand media is pleading with the person who removed the equipment to return it as soon as possible and in return he will provide a substantial reward from his own pocket.

Bowe is asking that the gear be placed at reception of the Carlton Hotel Auckland located at Corner Mayroal Drive and Vincent St and with details on how to provide the reward.

“This is shattering for me. The thought of not being able to race on the weekend just makes me feel sick inside.” Said John Bowe

“I really don’t care about who and how it happened. I just need my gear back. I am appealing from the bottom of my heart to anyone who can help me get it back. To not race this weekend would totally ruin my season.”

“Please, if anyone can help out, I am happy to provide a reward that would far outweigh the value of the items.”

Any member of the public that can assist should contact Brendon Bainbridge 0274 252 112.

All details will remain confidential.
    Pretty unfortunate, i suppose it'd be the HANS device that'd stop him from competing, theyre specially fitted to each driver right?
    I am the Stig

didnt he manage to scrape togetha some gear?? bloody hell, thats disgusting that ppl steal it rite out of his car
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

I think he got the basics together, then most of his stuff got returned this morning
    I am the Stig

really? well thats certainly good news, i would be dissapointed of bowe didnt get to race at NZ

- The line for the PS3

Provided he had a good run through the rest of the season it wouldnt matter, as everyone has to drop their worst round for any round up to Bathurst.
    I am the Stig

hmm yer that would be true, is bowe a consistent performer, im not really sure, im guessing he is

- The line for the PS3

He can consistently get around 13th-7th, he finished in the top 10 last year
    I am the Stig

thats pretty good for the veteran, i hope he does really well @ bathurst, and as always im hoping, no praying that seton wins, its heartbraking to see him come second. Imo, if he were to win it this year there will be one hell of a celebration, hes the greatest driver not to win it!

- The line for the PS3

Maybe the greatest veteran, but remember Ambrose hasnt won either.
    I am the Stig

yer, its a tough choice for who to barrack for, well at least for me, theres seton, greatest driver not to win it, and ambrose - on his way to 3 in a row and leaving this year for the states

- The line for the PS3

Thread Information