Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2001 Nissan Skyline 300GT

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Dont get too upset with R34s comments . He wouldnt know 10% of American cars anyway. you do have some shitty front wheel drive family type cars though. Do Ford or GM make many rear wheel drive family sedans?
    Yes, we do have some crappy sedans. No doubt about that, but they're cheaper so....you get what you pay for I guess. Ford still has the Crown Victoria, but that's the only rear drive sedan I can think of. Oh, there's the new GTO, but that's not really a "family" car...actually, it's not even a sedan...so nevermind.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Argh...

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Ewok
    I'm not trying to make anyone made, or anything of the sort, But, the G35 basically is a new model of the nissan Skyline, coupe and sedan. Look it up on the nissan.co.jp site and it tells it all. There are many skylines that arn't in the R series. Look at the skyline 4door sedan while the R34 was out. So yea, if you want an american skyline without importing, thats the closest you can get.
    Ok, I was wrong, lol, it is a Skyline in Japan. Good call Ewok, the site told all.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Quote Originally Posted by more-boost1555
    Yes, we do have some crappy sedans. No doubt about that, but they're cheaper so....you get what you pay for I guess. Ford still has the Crown Victoria, but that's the only rear drive sedan I can think of. Oh, there's the new GTO, but that's not really a "family" car...actually, it's not even a sedan...so nevermind.

the GTO's highly based off a family sedan, but in its form isnt regarded as one. is there actually many private sales for the crown victoria? cause from what ive heard with the fleets the only reason theyre buying them is cause theyre the only existing RWD V8 built in america.
    I am the Stig

there are a lot of cars called "skyline" not only the r34 or r35 dunno if that car for sale is one though...... and all other cars with skyline in the name suck compared the r34. but that car for sale is 40000$..... id buy a r34 skyline.....

Quote Originally Posted by uk83
    there are a lot of cars called "skyline" not only the r34 or r35 dunno if that car for sale is one though...... and all other cars with skyline in the name suck compared the r34. but that car for sale is 40000$..... id buy a r34 skyline.....
    so would i............damn where is meggotmea7?

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    the GTO's highly based off a family sedan, but in its form isnt regarded as one. is there actually many private sales for the crown victoria? cause from what ive heard with the fleets the only reason theyre buying them is cause theyre the only existing RWD V8 built in america.
    isn't the new GTO just a holden with some pontiac badges slapped on it. you'd think the could at least design something new. Also i saw some guy yesterday with a G35 and he put nissan badges and skyline badges on it. u can by them from stillin.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseTSi
    isn't the new GTO just a holden with some pontiac badges slapped on it. you'd think the could at least design something new. Also i saw some guy yesterday with a G35 and he put nissan badges and skyline badges on it. u can by them from stillin.
    GM in the US butchered the front to suit suppossed US tastes. The fuel tank was moved in front of the rear axle becasue apparently that stops them blowing up in rear enders in the States. The motor was tweaked and it has a different exhaust. But thats about it. Course its left hand drive.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by mooseTSi

the GTO's a Holden Monaro CV8 with new exhaust, cam, front bodywork, wheels and a rear spoiler. the Holden Monaro is based on the same platform underneath the Holden Commodore, which is a 4 door sedan also sold to the UAE and other places as a Chev Lumina
    I am the Stig

I cannot get into the web page, they ask me for a user name and password

The whole Skyline platform issue is getting confusing. The Infiniti G35 in the US comes in both Sedan and 2+2 coupe styles, and is selling VERY well. It is the same car as the new Skyline in Japan, however you have to make a distinction between Skyline and GT-R. There is no current GT-R, but supposedly the next generation will be based on the same platform as the G35, which ALSO happens to be the same platform as the 350Z! So it's hard these days to think in the platform terms Nissan guys are used to, when you had Z31, Z32, R32, R33, R34, S13, S14, etc. It would seem the Z and R platforms have merged, but I'm not sure if they're referring to the new Skyline platform as R35 or not. You will here people referring to the G35 as R35 platform, but you will also hear people referring to the 350Z as Z33 platform, even though they are the same platform......as I said, consolidation is making things confusing.

As for the Ford Crown Victoria and its sister, the Mercury Grand Marquis, I don't know if they're the only American RWD V8 Sedans you can buy, there may still be a RWD Cadillac or Lincoln, I'm not sure. Almost every cop car and many taxis in the U.S. are Crown Vics, but they also do sell quite a few to civilian buyers, who are almost exclusively over the age of 65.
    The times are changing, though. Last week the first 2005 Dodge Magnums and Chrysler 300C's rolled off the assembly lines in Brampton, Ontario. They are the all-new full-size cars for the North American divisions of DaimlerChrysler, and are RWD. The Magnum is a sort of sport-wagon body style, the 300 is a sedan. Both borrow heavily from the Mercedes parts and design bins. Two different V6 engines are offered, as well as the new 5.7L Chrysler Hemi-head V8. Rumors of Caddy and Lincoln models that had switched to FWD returning to RWD abound as well.
    Last edited by cls12vg30; 02-19-2004 at 11:33 AM.

Cadillac is now offering a version of the CTS rear drive family sedan with an LS6 V-8 from the Corvette Z06. It'll be known as the CTS-V and is rated at 400hp and 395lb-ft. Cadillac estimates a 0-60 time of 4.5-4.6 and a 1/4 mile in the 13's. Lincoln also sells the LS which has an optional V-8. Aside from those two there aren't any others I can think of at the moment.

The upcoming Seville model by Cadillac is also rumored to be rear-drive.

i say bring the Falcon and Commodore over to America.....theyre a hell of a lot better than whats on the market right now
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    i say bring the Falcon and Commodore over to America.....theyre a hell of a lot better than whats on the market right now
    commodores and falcons are realy cheap here in australia compared to skylines and stuff, theres a great abundance in them here. i'm sure if they do start manufacturing them in america they would b very cheap there too (althou i dont like commodores or falcons at all )

it would be cheaper to produce them here though in terms of cost per unit. america is a pretty cheap place to build cars but australia still undercuts them mainly because of labour prices and material. also i believe the cars would be built to a better standard here
    I am the Stig

Thread Information