Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning: Luc's Vent

Warning: Luc's Vent

I'm so damn sick of...

Being only able to come online once a week at best and getting pissed off with some of the ineptitude found in 20-comment users who come online and try and act smart by being arrogant dicks.

Idiots that butt into a conversation that is just too deep for them with a stupid blanket statement just to remind people that their brains are still slowly ticking over, no matter how slowly. What's worse is that these words of sheer moronic substance pretty much stop the conversation in its tracks.

People who devote themselves completely to a marque of car then start trying to feign interest in other cars so as not to act so shallow. You picked your side, now stick with it, you jackass.

Getting told something along the lines of "Its just your opinion" to try and shut down a conversation. Either prove me wrong or admit defeat, don't be a pretentious ass about it.

Coming off like a complete and utter jerk for writing this thread. I can tell this is gonna piss me off too.

If ive correctly understood what youve said, i agree completley. Recently theres been a sudden flood of new users who think that they can act how they want in these forums and will let it be known (one new user actually intentionally broke a rule that Wout said to him not to do it again .. hes now banned thankfully). Bring back the "my civic can smoke an F1" or "My uncle has an Enzo" new user for god sake .. we could actually get a bit of enjoyment out of that unlike these new users who just annoy me more than anything. I can pretty much say my enjoyment of UCP has been seriously wounded by these people

It's just your opinion...
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

hmm, coudl we add a "ignore posts from users with less than 100 posts" option ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Anyway, I have to admit. Stupid people are discovering UCP at an exponential rate, and my enjoyment of the site too is dying. Maybe the site has passed its peek days. Or maybe it's just the revenge of Karrmann.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

I enjoy making short, pointless, smartass comments.
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    I think this is a bad idea.
    Reason: new users would want to reach 100 posts as fast as they can and so this would increase the number of stupid, offtopic and pointless posts.
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

Quote Originally Posted by emperor
    Reason: new users would want to reach 100 posts as fast as they can and so this would increase the number of stupid, offtopic and pointless posts.
    Lol, just think about it. All the senior members put on that ignore feature so these sub-100 posters make a thread and no one replies, ever. I love it.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by emperor
    eu... i dont think he was serius...

what pisses meoff is these vents

i seriusly think evrybody is too fast to judge new members. THEY CAN LEARN FROM THEYR MISTAKES JUST LIKE A LOT OF US DID!!!!

also, why does evrybody keep bringing karrman up? wtf? hes gone, you should all be happy, but all i see is that you just miss his pointless posts!
    Last edited by ZeTurbo; 04-16-2005 at 04:18 PM.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Why leran from your mistakes? Why not just learn?

Look around for a week or a month, get to know the customs and I promise you will NEVER be called a n00b.

staisfaction garenteed?

ok then, lets all flame the new guys who dare to post!!
    i se many members with 500, 1000 even 2000+ posts who make worst posts than a nOOb as you call them.
    some people just get kick of flaming them and calling them n00bs.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    staisfaction garenteed?

ok then, lets all flame the new guys who dare to post!!
    i se many members with 500, 1000 even 2000+ posts who make worst posts than a nOOb as you call them.
    some people just get kick of flaming them and calling them n00bs.
    Most people who are commonly called, "n00bs" are people who go straight on to a forum and post a tiresome thread that has been made many times before. Like we have people going and posting, "corvette C6 versus 2005 mustang". That really gets members ticked off. If these people would read some threads and realize that it's not a smart move they would get much less people calling them, "n00bs".

Besides, people who have already established a (good) reputation with posts can post stuff (like critisize someone or something) that people who are new should not becuase the "n00bs" look they're coming onto a forum only to flame people. People who are new tend to want to get a rep. right away by flaming another person and proving that there opoinon (or fact) is right. This brings more harm then good because then they just look like a common flamer on forums who goes around flaming people for fun.

Most people on UCP are not a-holes who only want to flame every poor "n00b" who happens to stumble upon this forum. But the "n00bs" post annoying things and people just get fed up with it.

I'm not saying that you should wait a whole year to post, just register, and look around for a week. Only post a couple (non-contreversal and non-flame like) things. Do that and you'll get up to speed soon enough to avoid flames and flamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    the problem with that is, now i have been finding there are a lot of newbie-ish members who have high post counts. there are some members who, even though they have 4 digit post counts, they havent been here that long and i still think they are newbies and the way luciferous described
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

I have to bring up my case, I don't have 100 posts yet, I've been here ages! Hopefully i feel i only post when i have something necessary to add, if someone's already said it, why repeat. Plus, thankfully i haven't been called a n00b yet!!

shutup nOOb!

jk man
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Thread Information