Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: oi holden fans

oi holden fans

i got a message for you..................
    Attached Images Attached Images

well im sure i saw that add in a wheels magazine from 1973.

you should be glad theres no die hard holden fan moderators on the site R34....
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    you should be glad theres no die hard holden fan moderators on the site R34....
    yes lucky me...oh yeah thats message was on a tshirt i bought for $15...hehe i wear it whenever i know i might be around a few holden fans hehe

well theres still some holden fans on the site that are regular members that will be trying to give it to you, crisis in particular
    I am the Stig

well theres still some holden fans on the site that are regular members that will be trying to give it to you, crisis in particular
    im ready for them hehe but why cant holden fans penetrate this through their heads: "Ford used to make wicked v8's before but now they're just making pretty shitty ones and then Holden ran out of ideas and started to copy Ford because they are so lame and dumb, geez they cant even use some new technology on their cars, they still use pushrods LOL

well with a name like r34 i thought you would of been more of a nissan fan, you say ford used to build some wicked v8s but now build shit ones, and that holden copy ford v8s yet they use pushrod technology.....how can they copy an ohc ford v8 engine when theres no pushrods in an ohc engine?

Quote Originally Posted by r34_296kw
    im ready for them hehe but why cant holden fans penetrate this through their heads: "Ford used to make wicked v8's before but now they're just making pretty shitty ones and then Holden ran out of ideas and started to copy Ford because they are so lame and dumb, geez they cant even use some new technology on their cars, they still use pushrods LOL

im guessing your opinions are like this based on Ford dropping the V8 in 1982, but regardless of that even the EB V8's were better than any XE V8 so Ford hardly took any steps back, people just focused on the point where Ford dropped the V8 and near forgot how the old V8's were
    I am the Stig

well with 8 years difference between the xe and eb youd hope it would be better.....intersting you should say that cause back in 1968 the winsdor v8 was dropped for the cleveland v8s because they were regarded as a better engine.

unleaded petrol did damage to the outputs of most local engines, though the 4.1 EFI came through with slightly more power with slightly less torque. plus im sure an EB V8 had alloy heads whereas an XE didnt
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by SHAKER
    well with a name like r34 i thought you would of been more of a nissan fan
    Im actually both, well look at the design of fords and holden, ford comes out with a new design and the next thing you know holden comes out with nearly exactly the same design,they just sorta change the shape of the lights, i think there was a rumor going on that ford and holden were the same company

unleaded petrol did damage to the outputs of most local engines, though the 4.1 EFI came through with slightly more power with slightly less torque. plus im sure an EB V8 had alloy heads whereas an XE didnt
    no the eb v8 had cast iron heads

It is called following market trends. Besides that, holden and ford have a very good relationship with each other. Since working for holden I have been to ford 3 times and I have been welcomed with open arms. There is not as much competition between them as you would think.
    I am not saying that they share design, because that would be stupid, but they do share ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by HoldenHFV6
    It is called following market trends. Besides that, holden and ford have a very good relationship with each other. Since working for holden I have been to ford 3 times and I have been welcomed with open arms. There is not as much competition between them as you would think.
    I am not saying that they share design, because that would be stupid, but they do share ideas.
    for some strange reason im agreeing with you

look like a skyline and supra are different cars made for different people so is ford and holden, besides only thing that matters is that its a good v8 which both cars are, cars shouldnt be really compared and criticised, they should be given positive remarks and hailed

Thread Information