Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: oi holden fans

that has to be the first logical thing I have heard you say

ask the people what i was like before i was banned

Quote Originally Posted by HoldenHFV6
    It is called following market trends. Besides that, holden and ford have a very good relationship with each other. Since working for holden I have been to ford 3 times and I have been welcomed with open arms. There is not as much competition between them as you would think.
    I am not saying that they share design, because that would be stupid, but they do share ideas.

well im sure this would take alot of people by surprise, im sure you wouldnt see the same thing happening between BMW and Mercedes Benz
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by r34_296kw
    ask the people what i was like before i was banned
    or what you were like when your first arrived
    I am the Stig

well most people would find that hard to believe......but im not saying its untrue

Quote Originally Posted by SHAKER
    no the eb v8 had cast iron heads

thats very much possible, as the GT wouldve had the alloy GT40 heads which i think became standard on the engine with AU or EL
    I am the Stig

i thought all the standard windsor v8s in autralia had cast iron heads.besides the tickford models

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    or what you were like when your first arrived
    yeah thats better

Quote Originally Posted by SHAKER
    i thought all the standard windsor v8s in autralia had cast iron heads.besides the tickford models
    well my dads series 1 AU fairmont ghia with the 175kw engine has alloy heads so im just going off from that. its possible perhaps though that the normal windsors had the explorer alloy heads and the tickford versions had the GT40 alloy heads though
    I am the Stig

well im not to sure....what about the 220kw windsors...whered they make the extra hp in those models?

ill get the september 01 wheels mag out where they got a ford engineer to build a synergy engine....

ill just quote straight from the book:

1. like all aussie falcon v8 engines since 1991, each "core" engine destined for a falcon xr8 is a complete unit, factory assembled and hot-tested in the us before being put in a box for export. since the us mustange adopted 4.6L ohc power in the '90s, the falcon has been one of two vehicles in the world using the 5.0L windsor injected v8. the other was, until recently, the us market v8 explorer 4wd. this explorer spec v8 has better breathing heads and intake manifold (inheritde from early 90's high performance mustangs), which make it a very good basis for tickfords 220kw variant. the transformation begins with the removal of engine accessories such as the upper intake manifold (the efi ford uses a 2 piece intake), rocker covers and fuel rails and injectors. the lower section of the intake manifold comes off next, which allows the valvetrain components (rockers, pushrods and lifters) and standard heads to be removed, leaving a short block assembly of pistons, crank, rods, block and little else

the engine is inverted and the crank pully, sumpa nd timing chain cover removed to allow access to the heart of the engine, the timing gears and cam, which is replaced with a new tickford developed high performance item. its profile lets the engine breathe better. its from here the reassembly begins with re-installation of the timing chain, timing cover and sump.

the new tickford spec performance heads are thoroughly machine-ported in the throats, valve seat areas and combustion chambers. even in stock form, these heads (known by enthusiasts as GT40P and used on the tickford built el falcon gt), are deep breathers. however, tickfords modifications allow even better breathing in several ways: by smoothing the intake shot from the intake manifold and by unshrouding the new, larger valves. the heads are fitted before the intake manifold gasket mating faces are prepared for the bottom section of the intake manifold and injector rails to go back on after the fuel pressure regulator has been modified to deliver more fuel.

the pushrods are dropped in and the roller rockers torqued down. the are also oiled for initial start u pprotection before the engines oil pump has a chance to lubricate them. roller rockers are favoured in high performance engines because they offer greater valvetrain stability at high revs, reduce wear and friction by decreasing side loading on the valve stem and - with negligible flex - ensure all the lift from the camshafts more aggresive new profile actually arrive at the valve. with the rocker covers fitted, the now modified upper intake is installed and the high flow tickford 70mm throttle body finds its place. the intake manifold is ported by tickford to smooth out the airflow into the intake ports and make the most of the large throttle body. buttoned back together, the engine is filled with the right quantity of oil and signed by its creater. in this instance, thats tickfords phil geroulis, one of a small team trusted by tickford to hand assemble engines destined for XR8's.

by the way, that got the engine from 200kw to 220kw
    I am the Stig

oh thats intersting so the 220kw xr8 engines where stripped by hand and fitted with a higher lift cam and roller rockers not to mention all the other work performed on the valve train/manifold...thats a lot of work to do for a production car!

its amazing how far the windsors come, in 1967 it was producing 225 horse power in the gt, up until the au they stretched it out to 250 kilowatts, but it was extensively worked and stroked to 5.6 litre.

Quote Originally Posted by r34_296kw
    im ready for them hehe but why cant holden fans penetrate this through their heads: "Ford used to make wicked v8's before but now they're just making pretty shitty ones and then Holden ran out of ideas and started to copy Ford because they are so lame and dumb, geez they cant even use some new technology on their cars, they still use pushrods LOL
    I wasnt going to get involved on this dumbass thread but I will register my surprise at the infantile and simplitic premise that "Holden ran out of ideas and started to copy Ford because they are so lame and dumb." I will not try to debate the pushrod vs ohc issue, I have done that in more appropriate threads however I will say that despite the fact that r34_296kw has learned English and put in an effort to be more rational in his comments (some readers will now be staring at the screen , jaw agape), he may want to be a little more objective and constructive with his criticism. In the case of the quotation I have highlighted, it will be fruitless, as it is innacurate, however an example would be, "Holden are dumb and lame because in the case of the xxxx they did so and so." I hope that can help him on hisr way to becoming a valued contributor to this site.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    (some readers will now be staring at the screen , jaw agape),
    LOL LOL

Thread Information