Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: oi holden fans

Quote Originally Posted by r34_296kw
    LOL LOL
    On the positive side you can not be accused of being overly sensitive.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

on another bright side he aint aussie either lol

there ya go crisis were both crow eaters, see everyone does have something in common =P

Quote Originally Posted by SHAKER
    its amazing how far the windsors come, in 1967 it was producing 225 horse power in the gt, up until the au they stretched it out to 250 kilowatts, but it was extensively worked and stroked to 5.6 litre.

well i think lighter, forged internals went into the 200 kw motor to give it the increase of 15kw over the series 1 XR8, but apparently ford have come up with 2 different 185kw motors, going into the series 2 EL XR8 ute, sedan. series 1 AU XR8 and AU2 LTD. i think it goes the EL2 XR8 sedan had a detuned GT motor and the ute featured the AU engine
    I am the Stig

on another bright side he aint aussie either lol
    yep but im 101% proud of what i am

well i was reading about car comparisms and im not sure if it was the series 1 or 2 au xr8 ute, but it pulled the 1/4 mile in mid 14s and lapped the phillip island track about 6th fastest out of 40 other performance/sports car, cameron mconville was driving them all and he even said the au xr8 ute was the suprise highlight of the bunch, and thats coming from a holden fan! Then he tested the 220 kw xr8 sedan and gave it a bagging saying he felt it was underpowered for picking up the pace around the long sweeping bends.ah cant win em all hey!

well thats just a bit contradictory then isnt it. what was the test, BFYB??
    I am the Stig

yeah i thought it was odd him saying that when it had either 20 or 40 kws more than the ute(im pretty sure it was a series 2 xr8 au ute tho, so it would of been 20 kwatts), but maybe he was right as the lap times of the sedan were slower.Well to be honest i was at the hairdressers waiting for my hair to be cut while i was reading the magazine, it was either wheels or mm, the test was based on price and power and performance of various cars, like the hsv commodores,bmws nissans etc, i mainly read about the fords though, as i didnt have time to read the whole article.

yeah it wouldve been 20kw unless it was one of the first AU2 utes which came with the 185kw engine when the sedan had the 200kw engine, which sprung the 200kw pursuit ute. cam mightve been comparing the 2 cars not against each other, but against the cars in their respective classes, but the sedan mightve been pushed hard all day, experiencing a warm engine and getting bad tire wear etc
    I am the Stig

well i wouldnt buy any AU falcon, id rather spend a little more and buy a BA, although the au xr8 ute is half a rocket ship for the price.

well IMO with a nice front and rear spoiler and side skirts the AU isnt that bad now. like i wouldnt go out of my way to not buy one especially if it was a Ghia or XR8, but still theyre nothing compared to BA
    I am the Stig

oh thats intersting so the 220kw xr8 engines where stripped by hand and fitted with a higher lift cam and roller rockers not to mention all the other work performed on the valve train/manifold...thats a lot of work to do for a production car!
    Yeah fiord has been pulling their engines part and hand building them since the EL i think my brothers AUII ute with its 200 kw engine has a name plate of the person who rebuilt it.
    And the other dayat work i drove a AU falcon classic complte bread and butter car it was a good drive faster then any bmws twice its price (it was worth 20k ive driven 60k beemers that would get absolutly slaughterd by this car) it felt more stable on the road them most bread and butter bmws and you dont need to be a contornists to get into the back seat.

well i was reading about car comparisms and im not sure if it was the series 1 or 2 au xr8 ute, but it pulled the 1/4 mile in mid 14s and lapped the phillip island track about 6th fastest out of 40 other performance/sports car, cameron mconville was driving them all and he even said the au xr8 ute was the suprise highlight of the bunch, and thats coming from a holden fan! Then he tested the 220 kw xr8 sedan and gave it a bagging saying he felt it was underpowered for picking up the pace around the long sweeping bends.ah cant win em all hey!
    Yeah and the sedan is lighter then the ute model and had irs (option on aus only came on XR8s stock) gos to show irs aint all its cracked up to be.
    And the AU 185 as far as ive found out was a direct carry over form the EL XR8.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Yeah fiord has been pulling their engines part and hand building them since the EL i think my brothers AUII ute with its 200 kw engine has a name plate of the person who rebuilt it.
    And the other dayat work i drove a AU falcon classic complte bread and butter car it was a good drive faster then any bmws twice its price (it was worth 20k ive driven 60k beemers that would get absolutly slaughterd by this car) it felt more stable on the road them most bread and butter bmws and you dont need to be a contornists to get into the back seat.
    so whats his ute go like, would you agree its a mid 14 second car? If it is its just as quick as the BA xr8s and they have 60 more kilowatt, (and i know theyre a heavier car)

I dont really know iknow itll defintly be a 14 second car but where itll sit there i have no idea all i will say is it wouldent suprise me at all if it was a mid 14 1/4. The bas arnt actually any faster but apprently despite their weight handel and stop better as well as are more comfterble.

Thread Information