Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: oi holden fans

not to mention they look like real muscle cars aswell

well from what ive seen, the AU's ran 6.6 and about 14.8 and the BA runs 6.2 and about 14.4, judged by wheels of course. motor knock 0.1 off the BA's times and about 0.2 off the AU's times. with the EL's, apparently the 185kw ute and sedan had different engines, one like the AU, one a detuned ELGT.

no matter what suspension setup you get, your always going to find faults with it. a leaf spring setup can ride like a bitch, almost fall over around corners and jump around on rough roads but you'll get good launches. your typical double a arm or multilink IRS will keep stable around corners, ride smoothly but drag its arse when floored. thats why ford put the control blade on for their new IRS, to have control over longitudinal AND lateral movement. if the BA's came with some lort of launch control theyd have a bloody good launch but more often then not the V8's have near 80% peak torque just off idle or in the case of the XR6T, full peak torque just off idle
    I am the Stig

heres a direct quote from FPV's archive on the 1997 XH2 XR8:

"For this version of the Windsor V8, Tickford combined the new Explorer cylinder heads with Cobra inlet manifolds from the EL GT program. It was a welcome return to the original concept of a coupe ute based on Ford's V8 performance model.

Tickford modified the engine adding the EL GT inlet manifold, extractors and twin pipes which ended in a large 3 inch diameter chrome tail pipe. It was quite different in detail to the EL XR8 185 kW engine and was closer in specification to the AU XR8 engine."
    I am the Stig

Ford country hehehehehe have ford got aussie citzenship yet ?

Ford dont need citizenship, yet another dead thread revived
    I am the Stig

But then they can't vote lol

vote for what? who wants to deport Mitsubishi from the country?
    I am the Stig

Get them ugly mitsushittys out of here before they try to come into V8 supercars and stuff the hole thing up on us. But they might just walk out them selfs make it easyer that way

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Ford country hehehehehe have ford got aussie citzenship yet ?
    I wouldent think they would need it seeing as they where in australia before holden was and have actually employed and trained more people in the industry then anyone else here....

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Get them ugly mitsushittys out of here before they try to come into V8 supercars and stuff the hole thing up on us. But they might just walk out them selfs make it easyer that way
    Ask the workers in Adelaide who will lose their jobs when Mitsubishi's Lonsdale engine plant closes if they agree with you. Ask their families the same question.

Tom Phillips, Mitsis pres said today that they would build anything on their line to keep it going. (I thought that was already the philosophy). He said he would take on work from other manufacturers, "we would build the Monaro if Holden wanted us to." he said .
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Can any one imagine a front wheel drive Monaro.
    Keep you hands of our @#$*% cars.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    Ask the workers in Adelaide who will lose their jobs when Mitsubishi's Lonsdale engine plant closes if they agree with you. Ask their families the same question.
    My point is they came to Australia falcon is a US car now Aus is only one that builds it so it's ows, Holden was made from the ground up here born here

i take it your trying to say that when Holden started here with a fresh, locally designed model, everyone else came in with their Imports? too bad its not like that now, the BA Falcon has the highest local content of the local 5 at about 75-80% of its parts locally manufacturered (i think it won mainly because of the BTR transmissions and T5). Holden dont say how much local material is in the Commodore, but the Magna, Camry and Avalon had around 60% i think. Drive.com.au done an article about it not that long ago
    I am the Stig

All im saying is that holden was born here we made it. Holden is as aussie as meat pie, Ford you can't say that about them, But i'll say that they Aussie more then the rest here they have worked hard here and good on them to.

well i think GM-H first started as an import company, bringing in Chevs, Pontiac's and Buicks into the country in 1919 i think, then after WW2 the local industry exploded after the government literally paid for people to get over here, so it was possible to produce out own car, the 48-215
    I am the Stig

Thread Information