Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: San Marino GP

wow last few laps were sooooo exciting, schumacher tried to pass a couple times and at teh same corner, i think it was the 2nd last chicane and both times he locked his front left tyre, i thought he was gonna spin out the second time

ITV can go f**k themselves.

Advert break started 4 laps to go, ended at the start of the final lap.

Adding insult to injury - what was the first thing that happened whilst the cars were crusing back to the pits? Another advert break.

Like they couldn't have waited.

I don't care about F1 anymore - it just annoys me too much. No enjoyment factor, especially with James bloody Allen.
    Thanks for all the fish

I think Schumi proved today, he can really race... and Ferrari gave the others teams a lesson in tactics...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

from 13 to 2, the jump from 10 to 3rd was great pitstop tactics

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    from 13 to 2, the jump from 10 to 3rd was great pitstop tactics
    Exactly!!
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

The last 10 laps were the most exciting I've seen in years but I also really liked how Schumi passed Button. That was insanely brave, yet sort of stupid at the same time. I really thought MC could win, especially when he did those crazy fast lap times. I was on the edge of my seat on those last laps and this is how F1 should be. Exciting and challenging for the drivers. Can't wait for Spain!!
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

it was an amazing pass, i do the same trick all the time in gt4 and video games but there is no way id attempt that in real life, diving that deep into the braking zone at that speed and taking that kind of line into the corner ... man MS is one brave SOB

like the risk of spinning out or having button slam into the side of my car woulda scared the sh*tz outta me, but i guess that's why he's the 7 time world champion

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    ITV can go f**k themselves.

Advert break started 4 laps to go, ended at the start of the final lap.

Adding insult to injury - what was the first thing that happened whilst the cars were crusing back to the pits? Another advert break.
    I couldn't agree more Cov. ITV obviously know they screwed up as they showed the final laps after the race - but they had to cut off the end of the press conference to make way for it!! Idiots.

If only the BBC would buy back the rights for F1...
    Not UCP's only Crystal Palace fan!!

RIP Richard Burns.

ITV have issued an apology claiming that they "had to" because they are contractually obliged to have 5 advert breaks during the race.

So what? 90 minutes of football can go advert free so why not 60 mins of F1?
    Thanks for all the fish

I hadn't seen the apology and had looked on their website. Where was it issued, on TV?

An apology isn't really enough though. They need to ensure they don't do this again. If you don't have the ability to broadcast live sport events, let someone else do it!!
    Not UCP's only Crystal Palace fan!!

RIP Richard Burns.

Send them a clear and simple complaint via their web site.

I've told them that next time I'm going to take a note of EVERY Advertiser and if they do that shit again, I'll personally e-mail each and every one and tell them i have no intention of buying their product and they wasted their advertising in supporting a bunch of amateurs.

It would only take a few hundred to do that for the advertisers themselves to get shirty

If anyone has the race recorded and fancied giving the list I'll do it this time
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

well everybodies negative about the british coverage but i thought the CBS broadcast was OK. the last time F1 was broadcast in the US (2002) it was just a bige commercial for redbull drivers search. the commentators (derick daly and ralph sheheen) werent anything special.

At least it was an incredible finish.

It's just bad planning on ITV's part that they missed the end of the race. I've been watching televised NASCAR races since the early 90's and not once has ESPN, ESPN2, TNN, TBS, NBC, CBS, ABC, or Fox/FX ever- EVER- missed the closing laps of a race. They usually take one with 10-15 laps to go for a good 2-3 minutes and that's it- you don't miss anything until the finish.

Sounds like someone needs to get slapped around.

Edit: I missed the race on CBS; is Speed going to get to show it at all?
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I said last season that unless it was interesting I was giving up F1 - the first four races were good (in parts). Having seen that from now on it looks like another Schumacher/Ferrari whitewash + all the crap you have to put up with from ITV; Barcelona will probably be my last GP untill next season.

Maybe not if McLaren's "new and improved" package proves better or equal to the Ferrari ensuring some semblance of competition, and I might watch Spa; which usually proves to be a good race.

Depressing isn't it?
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 04-24-2005 at 04:03 PM.
    Thanks for all the fish

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    i saw the first 3/4 of the race then i fell asleep argh!!!! got up at 3 in the morning and it was soooo freezing... i'm so gutted!

Thread Information