Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 - Pictures

i agree microsoft has the money and expertise to make or buy good games and they have links to many more hardware manufacturers to get the best equipment for their machine.

however all of this is irrelevant as the PC will kick their booty anyway due to its sheer power and versatility

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    however all of this is irrelevant as the PC will kick their booty anyway due to its sheer power and versatility
    But sadly Microsoft marketing seem to be doign all they can to prevent the best games coming out on the PC till later if at all
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

:cough: halo 2

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    :cough: halo 2
    Prject Gotham Racing

adn not to mentino that even when they ARE out on both TOCA Driver 2 then the online is either the Xbox or the PC, not both
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

derekthetree its impossible to compare consoles and PC when considering direct competition, the PC is always versatile and ready to upgrade, whereas consoles are seen as, "once released you've got what you've got". However, times are changing, and you now see in the newspapers all the time upgrades for xbox consoles where size of the hard drive and RAM can be upgraded substantially, this will definetely flow onto the the next gen. xbox.

One disadvantage for the PC is the fact that they produce the largest amount of crap games each and every year. Furthermore with consoles getting smaller, and the list of what they can do getting even longer, i feel that consumers will tend to move away from PC's for gaming. WIth consoles, you can sit down and relax on a sofa with some mates rite next to u, with PC it's not like you have 2 computers next to each other all the time, well not for all of us anyway. WIth LAN connectivity for xbox ( system link ) it shows that popularity for PC gaming WILL decrease becuase of the increased comfort of console gaming.

Who knows? A group of crafty developers may find a way to upgrade the graphical output of a console, then again, games have always looked brilliant, you just need a High Definition Plasma Screen.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

I'd rather wait for PS3, or whatever their calling it

Reason being the PS2 is better than Xbox which came out years later, and now Sony gets to have the extra time to perfect their next system.

Buts thats just my personal opinion
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

lol yer, wateva tickles ur fancy, until xbox came out with the smaller controller, i likes ps2's better, not for FPS, ps2 has waaayy better RPG games as well. In terms of technicaly aspects, xbox wipes the floor with the PS2, but with next gen. who knows.

- The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    derekthetree its impossible to compare consoles and PC when considering direct competition, the PC is always versatile and ready to upgrade, whereas consoles are seen as, "once released you've got what you've got". However, times are changing, and you now see in the newspapers all the time upgrades for xbox consoles where size of the hard drive and RAM can be upgraded substantially, this will definetely flow onto the the next gen. xbox…

Who knows? A group of crafty developers may find a way to upgrade the graphical output of a console, then again, games have always looked brilliant, you just need a High Definition Plasma Screen.
    The separating factor between PC and console has always been hardware. PCs have traditionally had more powerful hardware available due to the more frequent hardware update cycle. This is probably due to the fact that the PC is a multi-functional tool that can be used to game, whereas a console is strictly a gaming platform (now multimedia, but nevertheless more limited in function).

However, this comes at a price for gaming on a PC. For one, the newest hardware is very expensive. A high end video card costs 2 or 3 times more than the current consoles and that alone will not run any games. For those not running the latest hardware compatibility becomes an issue. Does the PC specification meet those of the game, are the drivers compatible, or are there hardware configuration issues.

Although consoles may lag behind in terms of hardware performance they are easy to use and set-up. There are no “hardware requirements” to check before buying a game. There is no installation or configuration to mess with. IMO, this is what makes a console so appealing.

It makes sense to me that the next generation console should be mini-computers but I don’t want to deal with hardware issues. Upgrading a hard-drive so I can have more saved games is one thing, messing around with a new video card and video card drivers is another. All the games should run sufficiently on the OEM hardware, there should be no need to upgrade until the new model is released.

^^ well said and is another solid reason why consoles ARE becoming increasingly popular, i read up about some guy installing linux on his xbox once, worked out fine from what i read, but i dont really see the use. If the prices of new video card keep rising, for example, numerous cards cost more than AUS$400, then i sure as hell will be turning to consoles for the majority of my gaming needs.

- The line for the PS3

Well ofcourse one reason is wireless controllers use batteries, and nothing would piss me off more than to be like so close to winning a game then have the batteries shit out in the controller.

Off topic: Am I the only person who thinks Apple should make a gaming console? "The iGame"

^^ lol dear god no, we would have a controller with that stupid wheel, and too god damn white!

- The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    One disadvantage for the PC is the fact that they produce the largest amount of crap games each and every year.
    There are crap games for concolse too
    Furthermore with consoles getting smaller, and the list of what they can do getting even longer, i feel that consumers will tend to move away from PC's for gaming. WIth consoles, you can sit down and relax on a sofa with some mates rite next to u, with PC it's not like
    The PC has already moved away from the "computer desk" and to the living space.
    Check out Media Centre, check out the now MANY PC boxes designed to fit into the stereo "look". 5.1 and 7.1 sound systems for the PCs, TV input + TV output - ALREADY at resolutions higher than the best HDTV specs out there.
    Ultra-quiet fans and new 'no fan' soltuobs so they are near-silent.

New "fast start BIOS" which turn up the video and sound capbilities in seconds - though still with Windoze taking up to 10-20 to come "live".

However, where the PC is really goign (IMHO) is dumb-ish remote devices with centralised servers adn media distributors. So you put a $15 unit in every room and your PC is controleld by wirless keybord/mous/pointer and a "utility" PC beside the gas boiler and electricity switchbox has all the smarts - enough to have 5-10 people SIMULTANEOUSLY accessing mutlippe vide and audio streams AND play games

All these are described ALREDY in MS "plans" and have a timeline for delivery to the market place !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    There are crap games for concolse too

The PC has already moved away from the "computer desk" and to the living space.
    Check out Media Centre, check out the now MANY PC boxes designed to fit into the stereo "look". 5.1 and 7.1 sound systems for the PCs, TV input + TV output - ALREADY at resolutions higher than the best HDTV specs out there.
    Ultra-quiet fans and new 'no fan' soltuobs so they are near-silent.

New "fast start BIOS" which turn up the video and sound capbilities in seconds - though still with Windoze taking up to 10-20 to come "live".

However, where the PC is really goign (IMHO) is dumb-ish remote devices with centralised servers adn media distributors. So you put a $15 unit in every room and your PC is controleld by wirless keybord/mous/pointer and a "utility" PC beside the gas boiler and electricity switchbox has all the smarts - enough to have 5-10 people SIMULTANEOUSLY accessing mutlippe vide and audio streams AND play games

All these are described ALREDY in MS "plans" and have a timeline for delivery to the market place !!!!!
    I don't like the idea of micro$oft controlling my house. If the main PC crashes what will happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    I don't like the idea of micro$oft controlling my house. If the main PC crashes what will happen?
    The same as when your power goes out

Give it a few years and MS dominance will spread to utilities and then he'll have that too

BUT, serioulsy though, the "MS crashes" isn't as valid as it once was and for a properly managed systems is almost non-existant !!!

consoles will still grow fast, and imho, they will be the number one gaming choice by a country mile, the reasons have already been stated so i wont go through them again.

- The line for the PS3

Thread Information