Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking for an RWD Car, want advice.

Quote Originally Posted by mduhair
    another n00b that didnt read what i said .... i said a 1991-2 .... and for ur information that is not "overpriced or over hyped"

p.s. since you probably didnt drive one ... i suggest you just shut up until you do
    he didn't drive one because they're not available in the US.
    as mentioned above they are overpriced in the US because they had to be imported privately. but they are good if u can get them cheap

"BTW, what do you guys think of the old Celica Supras...like the 1986-1987?"

That would be fun... especially one of the later 2.8i models (if you can find one) with wider wheels/arches and the two tone paint!! Toyotas are very reliable. Guess it will be quite heavy so strip out the interior and have some fun.

We dont get 240sx's in the uk we get the 200sx model.... great cheap fast car, £1000, well balanced, 2000cc turbo charged unit, 2 hundred odd quid will see an easy 260bhp and the pop-up lamps add to the coolness. 150 mph stock! a grand!
    HEY SMURF, HEY SMURF, HEY SMURF PUT THAT BOOM IN IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich
    Of course, I guess I'm making the assumption that Karateboy is US. If not, and you're in Aus/NZ etc., an early model skyline would be an excellent choice. The EARLY models, with none of the BS the later models came with (2.4-2.6l engine, RWD). Those tend to be pretty simple, high-powered, RWD machines.

What about a second-gen RX7? You could probably find a well sorted and modified example for cheap, and those things are pretty quick. A first or second gen supra could also be cool, as those came with sixes or Six/turbos that could pack quite a punch. The early edition celica isn't a bad idea either, as those are small and light. If this is your first car, you have to keep in mind insurance costs, which will be through the roof for any car with a turbo at your age, and sky-high for a skyline or similar rice-burner. Low-displacement=lower cost.

I am in the U.S.

How big do you think is the problem with the apex seals?
    Must learn more.

I heard they need replacing every 10,000 miles, could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by mduhair
    a 1991-2 doesnt cost 40000 !!
    this is the problem with most of you ... you dont even read what i said and start makin up 5hit ....

i was making an example.......you are the stupid 1 making up shit.

i know you can get cheaper 1's, but importing it is still expensive, i even have a couple of friends who imported theirs.(there's some more in my area, even a GT-R, some go to a weekly meet)
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Not very big at all. Stay wise and buy a good car from a knowledgable owner. Some people love their cars, others just drive them. Stick with one of the guys who loves his, and you'll get tons of miles.

And no, those engines can see 100k miles or more with proper maintenance. If you wanna run huge boost and bridgeports and 9000revs all day, yeah, time to upgrade.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Thread Information