2 7.41%

0 0%

4 14.81%

7 25.93%

6 22.22%

3 11.11%

5 18.52%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you rate the reliability of the new Aston Martin's?

This thread is stupid.

No one is qualified to make any claim about Aston Martin reliability.

Unless someone owns a Vanquish or DB9 it is impossible.

Someone might have heard of one breaking down, but if you don't know the reason why that cannot be accurately determined to be due to Aston Martin's quality - it could have been misused or be caused by other external factors.

Since the AMV8 hasn't even started deliveries yet that cannot be discussed at all.

They may share some parts with Ford, but since Ford have taken over Iwould think their reliability has gone up, if anything.

Ford have the resources to make sure something is correctly enginered and make good quality control provisions, where as Aston on its own couldn't. They had very little resources to test new cars, and when you are making about 10 cars per year, as Aston were before Ford took over, you cannot afford to make development models - therefore any issues are left to the customers to discover.

The Ford Mondeo, the original and the mk 2, raised the bar in terms of quality and refinement in their class. The Focus is also quite close to the Golf.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 04-29-2005 at 07:16 AM.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    This thread is stupid.

No one is qualified to make any claim about Aston Martin reliability.

Unless someone owns a Vanquish or DB9 it is impossible.

Someone might have heard of one breaking down, but if you don't know the reason why that cannot be accurately determined to be due to Aston Martin's quality - it could have been misused or be caused by other external factors.

Since the AMV8 hasn't even started deliveries yet that cannot be discussed at all.

They may share some parts with Ford, but since Ford have taken over Iwould think their reliability has gone up, if anything.

Ford have the resources to make sure something is correctly enginered and make good quality control provisions, where as Aston on its own couldn't. They had very little resources to test new cars, and when you are making about 10 cars per year, as Aston were before Ford took over, you cannot afford to make development models - therefore any issues are left to the customers to discover.

The Ford Mondeo, the original and the mk 2, raised the bar in terms of quality and refinement in their class. The Focus is also quite close to the Golf.
    Which out guys!! GOD IS TALKING!! Coventrysucks you don't have to own a car to know if it suck or not.But I do agree with you 10%.
    Last edited by QUATTRO MAN; 04-29-2005 at 07:33 AM.
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

So you know all about the reliability of Aston Martins do you?

You've seen all their warranty claims?

No?

I don't think anyone can make any accurate claims on the matter unless they have.

Anyway that is MY opinion - I am not forcing you to adhere to it, just as I do not feel compelled to agree with your opinions.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 04-29-2005 at 07:46 AM.
    Thanks for all the fish

So you know all about the reliability of Aston Martins do you?

You've seen all their warranty claims?

No?

I don't think anyone can make any accurate claims on the matter unless they have.
    I agree with you, some cars you must own it to really know what that car is all about....trust me I laughed when I saw this thread..

Quote Originally Posted by QUATTRO MAN
    Which out guys!! GOD IS TALKING!! Coventrysucks you don't have to own a car to know if it suck or not..
    At the risk of upsetting him

Think Karrmann and the Focus to set the scale for talking about quality from a zero-persepective

Unless it is a HIGH voluem car you cant' take reports etc. Only personal input can be valued. Afer all a single statemetn on a complaint may NOT have bene a real issue. ie lots of people dont' liek the "feel" of switches saying CHEAP, others liek the same switch because it moves easily. Only with large numbers can you hoep for that kidn of bias to be removed
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by @wall
    just a curiosity, how the hell would any of the members know how reliable the new astons are? as far as i know no one owns one...

any opinions are based on generally biased facts read or seen. what's the point of this thread?
    exactly, who knows how reliable a supercar is, when we havent driven them, its not like theyr made for reliability as a priority, its performance, therefore this whole thread is nonsense. If it was labelled 'how do you rate toyota's reliablity?' then it would make sense

Wow........I ask a question that can easily be based off of magazine reviews even, and I can barely get an answer. Some of you guys really take things way too far sometimes, to the point where it really is stupid.

Sure, the best answers would be from owners.........but MAYBE you guys can assume that a lesser answer can be settled with? Think for maybe five seconds "Well, I can't give the best answer, but I have read a few things that can help this guy out". That would be a lot more helpful then what you guys are doing. Seriously, it may not be what you guys intend, but it really is "asshole-ish" what you guys did.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Why not read the magazine reviews?

Or ask a group of people who know - try an AMOC forum, or forum with lots of other AM enthusiasts.

The only time I hve heard of a recent AM breaking is the press car which was broken by both Top Gear and 5th Gear. Probably something to do with VBH trying to slow down from 170 by engine braking though.
    Thanks for all the fish

Why not read the magazine reviews?

Or ask a group of people who know - try an AMOC forum, or forum with lots of other AM enthusiasts.

The only time I hve heard of a recent AM breaking is the press car which was broken by both Top Gear and 5th Gear. Probably something to do with VBH trying to slow down from 170 by engine braking though.
    Thank you. That is the kind of thing I am looking for. I am reading the magazines, but it is kind of hard to read every single review, plus alot of times people here can give a little more insight too.

Although I do agree Ford has had some reliability problems in the past they are starting to fix them. As for the Aston Martin ford probaly made it more reliable. Maybe it would be better to say ford has some QUALITY issues instead of some realiability issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    At the risk of upsetting him

Think Karrmann and the Focus to set the scale for talking about quality from a zero-persepective

Unless it is a HIGH voluem car you cant' take reports etc. Only personal input can be valued. Afer all a single statemetn on a complaint may NOT have bene a real issue. ie lots of people dont' liek the "feel" of switches saying CHEAP, others liek the same switch because it moves easily. Only with large numbers can you hoep for that kidn of bias to be removed
    im with you Matra, i love to shoot this thread out of here...

Quote Originally Posted by QUATTRO MAN
    im with you Matra, i love to shoot this thread out of here...
    Ok, how about you try to understand what I am trying to find out?

For example, one of the forums on those sites that Coventry gave me, had something very valuable to this search of mine: average yearly costs owners paid to keep their car running, and what that money paid for. That was useful.

-Something online or in a magazine that you saw, with something about average life span of an Aston Martin: Useful
    -Something showing costs to keep the car alive and what had to be fixed, etc: Useful
    -Cluttering up a thread of someone who is trying to research something, and maybe unintentionally, but still being a jerk: Unuseful

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    Ok, how about you try to understand what I am trying to find out?

For example, one of the forums on those sites that Coventry gave me, had something very valuable to this search of mine: average yearly costs owners paid to keep their car running, and what that money paid for. That was useful.

-Something online or in a magazine that you saw, with something about average life span of an Aston Martin: Useful
    -Something showing costs to keep the car alive and what had to be fixed, etc: Useful
    -Cluttering up a thread of someone who is trying to research something, and maybe unintentionally, but still being a jerk: Unuseful
    CdocZ im not trying to put you down bro, but i dont think we have any Aston Martin owners here @"U.C.P"

Quote Originally Posted by CHEESE-TACULAR
    IF and i say IF there is more parts sharing in the near future with ford i think aston will go down. i dont know how it is with you but i have very good reasons to despise a ford. around here japanese and europeans give you way better looks/quality/preformance/resale value.

and i love astons dont get me wrong, id hate to see tham go down-its already happening to Jaguar and i liked them too.
    fords are pretty reliable.... i dont know why everyone hates ford, they are just making cars that will sell, thats the whole point of being in business, to make money, if they made more money making 205mph supercars, dont you tink they would do that full time?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Thread Information