Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SUMMERNATS...is there anything else like it

SUMMERNATS...is there anything else like it

The summernats have come and gone for another year, whats the best event, burnouts, dynoshootout, go to whoa?

i missed out again this year on going, but no doubt i'll make it there eventually. my, my brother and one of our friends have these ideas on what cars we'd love to take down there, my brother wants to take a V8 XF, or at least a V8 XE with an XF front end. mine and my brothers friend i think wants to take an XD panel van or something, the panel van for obvious reasons. i havent made my mind up yet on what i'd take
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by SHAKER
    The summernats have come and gone for another year, whats the best event, burnouts, dynoshootout, go to whoa?
    What is this about? I presume you are from down under, as we are just in the middle of winter.

its like a big festival for modified cars, mainly street machines. its one of the things that i wouldnt be surprised if someone got shot for bringing a ricer to. more than 90% of the cars will be V8's and theres events like burnout competitions, grass courses, drags, dyno shootouts among other power hungry related things
    I am the Stig

well i do recall seeing a rotary rx3 or 4 at the burnout pad with its radiator steaming and fluid all over the ground on a summernats video...i bet you he would of got some curry lol....when they had the first burnout pad it was just a straight road going from one end to the other end of the road, now its more like a pad which is a little more sensible, anyone know who one elite street machine and peoples choice...oh and the burnout comp itself.....and the dyno shoutout?hehe

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    What is this about? I presume you are from down under, as we are just in the middle of winter.
    It aint your regular car show Henk. No classics there unless you look at some of da chiiiicks man. Its a big party where a lot of Australias best modified cars meet and indulge themselves in a variety of ways. Serious petrolhead stuff with a liberal dose of testosterone. If I wasnt so old and paased it I would love to go.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Like this
    Attached Images Attached Images

And this.
    Try here.
    http://www.summernats.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by SHAKER
    well i do recall seeing a rotary rx3 or 4 at the burnout pad with its radiator steaming and fluid all over the ground on a summernats video...i bet you he would of got some curry lol....when they had the first burnout pad it was just a straight road going from one end to the other end of the road, now its more like a pad which is a little more sensible, anyone know who one elite street machine and peoples choice...oh and the burnout comp itself.....and the dyno shoutout?hehe

well i did say about 90% were V8's, that leaves room for some good rotaries
    I am the Stig

be intersting to see how many turboed and twin turbo v8s were on the dyno this year

So this is what was behind the idea of the Mad Max movies

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    So this is what was behind the idea of the Mad Max movies
    no this had nothing to do with mad max, all the cars there are hacked up cars and buggys that are bombs in there own respect. Summernats is a celebration of aussie car culture with boobs burnouts and beer and lots of gutsy modified aussie and american cars doing what they do best! BURN RUBBER! jap cars need not apply......(unless theyve got a ford holden chev or mopar under the bonnet) hehe

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    And this.
    Try here.
    http://www.summernats.com.au/
    here you go fpv gtho, the vh commodore in the first pic is the eddie tassone commodore with the twin turb 1500 hp 383ci v8......a true beast youd have to admit
    oops the attached thumbnail didnt work, go to crisis's original post to see the pic

would this be the one
    I am the Stig

um yer thats the one...hehe

Thread Information