Thread: Anyone know about this SCCA Nissan Z

Anyone know about this SCCA Nissan Z

Thought this was pretty cool. Would like to know more about the car and what series it competes in. Any ideas guys?
    Pulling CV's

Z's run in the JGTC, 3l V6 Twin Turbo DOHC24V in the GT500 or a tuned version of the 3.5 in the GT300 though those all have spoilers, not sure about this. What is SCCA?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Yeah this is nothing like the JGTC cars.. this one looks like a full spaceframe sillouette racer. No carbon fibre tubs anywhere here!! Looks awesome eh?

Yeah the SCCA sticker was the only clue I could see, Which I'm pretty sure is ' Sports Car Club of America.
    But thats not much of a clue 'cos that covers a huge amount of different race categories all over the country.
    I was hoping some of the 'Merican guys here could shed some light. 'Cos this car looks like great fun!
    Pulling CV's

yeah you're right, that definately looks like a sillouette body. I would go with a the heavily tuned 3.5, though there are plenty of TT kits, i think i sports car racer wouldn't go for that as the VQ35 is pretty strong
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

The pic doesn't work, but one of the more well known 350z is just one that was bought from a dealership and modded. It runs in the same class as the new mustangs with the 5.0 cammer engine, could be the touring or gt class in the world challenge. I'd check out http://scca.com/Pro/Pro.asp?IdS=019E32-CC1AA30&x=060|010&~=, thats thier pro racing section.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Looks like a GT2 car.
    "You know what these trees and old people have in common? They're both going in the ground soon!" - Bam Margera

"The day the New York Times defines what Country Music is will be the day I shave my legs with a butter knife." - John Rich, of the country band Big and Rich

I'll be 15 on Feb. 18th, so buy me a drink! (Hint: Don't look at it as the decimal number. <smirks>)

Thread Information