Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza vs. GT4

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Because then you have to split up the screen.
    a waste of money dont u think? so for every game u want to play with her u have to buy 2 copys not 1

GT4 is better. Forza suffers from the crappy analog stick. and im fanboy. haha
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Forza for me, with GT4 it's possible to bounce your way to victory with no consiquences...it calls itself a simulation but feels like an arcade racer next to Forza.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by twinspark
    I have PS2 and GT4, my brother owns an Xbox, so I have almost unlimited access to both consoles. If only I could get my brother to buy Forza, but he's not a racing game fan really. So I'll probably have to put my own money in to get to play it.

But GT4's handling of the cars is just so good, that I doubt Forza's could be better.

Then again there's this new game, Enthusia for PS2. The makers have said it to be more realistic than GT4, but we'll see about that...
    Bull shit. The cars are floaty and at 200 mph the screen blurs. It's a gay game (Enthusia).
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

I've played all three....Enthusia, GT4 and Forza and none of the games do everything best, they each have their strong points. Of the three I think GT4 is the best simulator as far as the cars and the way they react with road surface...I suppose GT5 will have damage etc. too. Forza seems very arcade like to me but has a lot of nice features. Enthusia is okay but only supports analog if you use a controller which I don't like.

Forza makes you a more honest racer when damage is turned on...which is probably more useful in the long run it keeps the races interesting where in GT4 once you win all the races the first time and get the prizes....there's really no need to race because they are easy to win. So GT4 ends up being used for more of a driving simulator which is it's strong point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    Bull shit. The cars are floaty and at 200 mph the screen blurs. It's a gay game (Enthusia).
    What credibility you did have you've just blown out the window by using the word "gay" to describe a game. Do you have the mental age of a 7 year old? Incase you haven't hit puberty yet and don't understand, the word "gay" isn't appropriate for this type of conversation and makes you look immature. After all, how is it possible for a game to be homosexual?

i am a die hard fan of the Gran Turismo series. but i would be open to owning forza because i own both consoles... i might rent forza today actually.. see wether its worth my money.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    i am a die hard fan of the Gran Turismo series. but i would be open to owning forza because i own both consoles... i might rent forza today actually.. see wether its worth my money.
    I just spent all night playing it (my best mate brought his XBox round)...if I had the console it'd be THE first game I bought, especially as you can pick up a pre-owned (but perfect condition) copy for around £12! I only just started my save game but already have a Honda NSX-R (set-up for handling) and a TVR Tuscan S (set up for burnouts )

dont even get my started on set ups

i have:

180SX - (japanese version) - drift
    S14 Silvia - drift
    Mx-5 - drift
    WRX wagon STI - drift
    Vanquish - drift
    22b - drift

the majoroty of these cars all have above 400bhp.. the vanq has 899

i have hundreds of cars set up just right for different styles of races ive spent more time tuning the settings then driving most of them
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I can't wait to unlock the TVR Tuscan R...I have a little bet with a friend that he can't beat me round the Nurburgring (him driving a Ferrari 360, me driving the Tuscan R)

I only started it tonight so I'm only at level 10 so far...I chose the NSX-R as the best MR car I can afford so far, then tuned it. Gotta love the paintjob on the Tuscan S though, yellow with yellow tinted windows and two black stripes running down the middle!

sounds sweet i have a vid of me drifting the 180.. but its pretty too big for UCP's download limit.. i will chop it up and post in segments later on
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

How far are you on the game? Unlocked the Tuscan R by any chance? If so, how does it handle compared to other cars in it's class and what sort of tuning can you do on that car?

as promised, here is the drift vid of me on GT3, as i dont have GT4 i cant post that, and i down own forza so i cant drift vid just for that

its cut up, and shoddy quality, but you get the picture, the right setup allows ANYONE to drift well
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I prefer Forza because it has more race cars and it has Porsches and Ferraris

well you all seem to enjoy forza motorsports, so tomorrow i am purchasing forza.. expect a new challenger in the weekly challenges
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information