Thread: Revised: Corvette C6 Z06 vs. Dodge Viper SRT-10

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Revised: Corvette C6 Z06 vs. Dodge Viper SRT-10

The original version of this thread was gibberish being spouted from loads of retarded fanboys, some smart comments made by people who couldn't accept the other car would be worthwhile a all (I think i was one of these ), and some people who actually had an idea of what they were talking about. BUT to compoud the worthlessness of the older thread, it was at a time when no one had a real idea of even what a normal C6 would be able to do.

Next point: You will notice there is no poll. I want to see a new idea, where people take a side, and we proceed like it is a REAL debate, instead of 50 trillion random people arguing, bringing up other random cars that cost thirty times as much, or people saying that all American cars suck. Real debate, where every post must be fuly thought-through, with all of it's points supported at least pretty decently well. Any side tracking wil not be allowed, and any posts that are "fanboyish", or in some way just plain stupid (you get the idea of what kind of posts I mean), I encourage the mods to delete them, to help me in this little experiment.

In your first post, you must declare what side you are on explicitely well: "I am in favor of the Viper" would be the first line of that post for example. Then, bring up each specific point in your argument ("The Viper has a better engine") and then the reasoning for your point ("because it is much larger"). If it is not something that is general information (like the information in this statement "The Z06 has carbon fiber in pars of it's chassis", you must cite where you got this information so others can read the article. This will be well ordered, and not a battle of any sort.

This debate will continue, and I will either revive this thread, or make a new version of it (especially if I decide to change how the debate will be done in any significant way) when the full extent of the Z06's capabilities are known more specifically then we do now.

Make sure each individual point is specific (do NOT say "engine X is beter, because it is better engineered", say "engine X is better because each of the things in these sub-points, like the fuel pump and oil, is better engineered"). I suggest you use an outline, as they will allow the best "ease-of-use" to read it and understand which points are more important, which points are really sub-points, etc.

Each point made will be reviewed by me and a bunch of my car-loving friends. We will consider:
    -The source quoted (if applicable). The better the source, the more points in that area.
    -The usefulness of the point to te overall car (saying the Corvette has a better exhaust note may be cool, but won't get you far for points compared to a point about the engine).
    -The extent of how well the point is presented (saying a car has beter designed valves is good, but saying why they are better, is better for you and your side, point-wise).
    -And a variety of other parts of your arguments that matter, the above make up the bulk, and are the best examples.

Good luck ladies and gentlemen: Let the debate begin!

Note: consider ANYTHING about the cars: price, fuel use, top speed, turning ability, technologies, engineering specials, etc. Anything inside the car is allowed.

EDIT: Do all your own reseach. Whether it is for pictures, or te most minute detail that anyone will ever bother with knowing.
    Last edited by CdocZ; 05-10-2005 at 11:14 AM.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Thread Information