Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Porsche vs. Ferrari

Originally posted by RS6
    Literally all of the magazines I have read, have claimed the Carrera GT better than the Enzo.
    Its simply the most enjoyable supercar out there, now dethroning the Enzo of that title.
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

Originally posted by RS6
    Literally all of the magazines I have read, have claimed the Carrera GT better than the Enzo.
    atleast in top speed enzo is better than Carrera GT
    i luv both cars as hell,but i like enzo better

SILVER ENZO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a ferrari should never be silver just like a mercedes should never be ferrari red...anyways is that oil i see leaking out that exhaust pipe?
    1977 Mercedes-benz 240D 4-speed with 500k miles

Originally posted by bum-man
    a ferrari should never be silver just like a mercedes should never be ferrari red...anyways is that oil i see leaking out that exhaust pipe?
    You need to be around cars more 'bottom-boy'? -
    when your exhaust cools down it sucks in moisture - mixes with some carbon and might dribble a bit.

damn...screw the tailpipe, show me more pictures of the girl's ass...

more seriously, how can you guys compare heritage? Ferrari has been making dream cars since 194-...I don't know when porsche started, but the early 911's weren't up to the same standard as ferrari's 250's etc.

beauty? well beauty is in the eye of the beholder (beerholder?), so looks are subjective. IMO ferrari has built more creative, more gorgeous, and sometime more organic looking cars than porsches 911. I'll give that porsche has some great looking cars, but how can you not say that that GT2 looks riced out? Ground effects and a huge spoiler on the rear...they're trying desperately to make the design do more. If you take a look at the 360 modena, it was designed to take advantage of aerodynamic forces without front air dams and spoilers...and it succeeds!

design....whereas porsche has tried to eek as much success out of their rear-engined design (which is inherently flawed with a rear heavy weight bias, if i am not mistaken), instead of progressing to a more balanced midengined design. Sure porsche has some midengined cars, but why not change? Ferrari makes several cars which take advantage of multiple layouts, the 360, the 575...ferrari is not afraid of change, but they keep traditional values alive.... Can you honestly say the new 911 looks dramatically different from the 1970's version? Now compare the 246 dino and the 360....a lot has happened since then.

supercars....Carrera gt vs. enzo? Uh...the enzo is a no-holds-barred, no expense sparred supercar...the carrera is far too docile and domesticated to compete. How on earth is the carrera going to be a better performing car when it's less powerful, heavier, and makes exceptions for comfort? I'll give the carrera looks, though i agree it's mr2-ish, but that's only opinion.

All in all, i think ferrari has it. Heritage, looks IMO, performance to a degree, and finesse. Porsche has the german quality factor, but I don't stop when i see a porsche. I poop my pants when i see or hear a 360. Porsches all look the same, sorry. And ferrari doesn't make an SUV. No compromise.

and for the lemans thing....hasn't ferrari been out of the lemans game for quite some time, and are just getting back to it now?
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Originally posted by bum-man
    i think yes,thats oil....
    anyway,i prefer enzo in black(red is after black)

Originally posted by BiTurbo
    You need to be around cars more 'bottom-boy'? -
    when your exhaust cools down it sucks in moisture - mixes with some carbon and might dribble a bit.
    hehe...never really new that.

Originally posted by sandwich
    and for the lemans thing....hasn't ferrari been out of the lemans game for quite some time, and are just getting back to it now?
    i think they have been supplying some private chassis manufacturers with engines for quite some time now...ever hear of a 'Judd' engine, i think it is also known as a ferrari engine.

bum-man .. you do know something about the judd and the Ferrari .. but overall. you're WRONG ...
    so .. a factory Ferrari car hasn't been seen at LeMans in 30 years ..
    the thing with the Judd(it's not a Ferrari engine . Judd also did engines for F1 teams in late 80 early 90 .. and the Judd used this years by RfH are based on those engines) ...when the 333SP came to an end some teams . tried to use the chassis of the 333SP . and mounted a Judd engined ..
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

I think Ferrari has better stylings, and Porsche has MUCH more "Power/$, bang/$" whatever u wanna call it

Originally posted by DasModell
    bum-man .. you do know something about the judd and the Ferrari .. but overall. you're WRONG ...
    so .. a factory Ferrari car hasn't been seen at LeMans in 30 years ..
    the thing with the Judd(it's not a Ferrari engine . Judd also did engines for F1 teams in late 80 early 90 .. and the Judd used this years by RfH are based on those engines) ...when the 333SP came to an end some teams . tried to use the chassis of the 333SP . and mounted a Judd engined ..
    ok i did not know that

This is my first time posting at this forum and i just have to ask one question. If you were driving, walking, whatever which kind of car would make you stop and stare more, a Ferrari or a Porsche. If i saw an F50, 360 Modena, Spyder or Enzo driving down the road i would stop and stare for a looong time. I would look at a porsche but as it has been said before most porsches look the same. They all have the same design. Also the sound a ferrari makes easily beats the girly sound of any porsche.

Originally posted by F50
    This is my first time posting at this forum and i just have to ask one question. If you were driving, walking, whatever which kind of car would make you stop and stare more, a Ferrari or a Porsche. If i saw an F50, 360 Modena, Spyder or Enzo driving down the road i would stop and stare for a looong time. I would look at a porsche but as it has been said before most porsches look the same. They all have the same design. Also the sound a ferrari makes easily beats the girly sound of any porsche.
    Let me be the first to congratulate you -
    'girly sound' is very apt, but -
    only for 911's and their like (VW engined Porsches) -
    The Porsche 928 (V8) is in a class all of its own and is the only Porsche worth owning.

Porsche for sure

For me it's PORSCHE. Ferrari is a great Brand but their cars are not solids. My best friend got a Ferrai 575 Maranello, he can't drive this car everyday. He must go in Modena (Italia) each years, cause his car has a problem.
    Or Porsche is an all day car. You can use it when do you want (snow, rain) and where do you want. It's recommended to do not use a Ferrari when there is snow on the road.
    Ferrari is just a real beauty in the garage. lol.

I love the Scuderia.
    Il me faut une caisse dans les 300 et le GPS

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    Porsche 996 Carrera 4 (for sale)
    2004 Mini Cooper
    Mercedes 2005 SLK 55 AMG (ordered)

Hmm Volkswagen's are way to common I mean Porsche, specially all those racing 911's my god they sound shit. Cant beat the Maranello Magic. My dad and I test drove a common old Ferrari 308 fibreglass one, with an after market exhaust on it, such a good sound from that V8. Compare the exhaust note of the growling (slightly odd sounding at top rpm, i think its the extractors they adjust/lengthern or somthing, tell me?) 360 with one of those muffled turbo porches. Also looks: Compare a slug/snail with someone like Imogen Bailey.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Performance can Seduce

Thread Information