Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Karrmann, lmfao.

Karrmann, lmfao.

Prius software problems
    NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - A software problem is causing some Toyota Prius gas-electric hybrid cars to stall or shut down while driving at highway speeds, according to a published report.

The Wall Street Journal reports that the problem involves Priuses from the 2004 model year and some early 2005 models.

The newspaper reports the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration has logged 13 reports of the engine shutdowns, while Edmunds.com, a popular vehicle-information and shopping site, has had 13 individuals post complaints in a Prius forum. Some of the cars that shut down had to be towed to the shop before they could be restarted.

The newspaper quotes an official from Toyota as saying the stalling problem is due to a software glitch in its sophisticated computer system.

The car has both a gasoline engine and an electric motor, which is set to provide it with power during certain driving conditions, particularly in city driving. The gasoline engine is supposed to be shut down or run at a very low level when the car is driving slowly or idling but provide most of the car's power when it is cruising at highway speeds.

The report said no injuries or fatalities have been linked to the problem, but it did not say whether there had been accidents due to the problem.

A NHTSA spokesman said the agency is monitoring the complaints, but no formal investigation has been initiated.

Toyota spokesman Sam Butto told the newspaper the auto manufacturer identified a "programming error" in the computer systems of 23,900 Prius cars last year and sent owners a service notice advising them to bring the cars into dealers for an hour-long software upgrade.

He couldn't say how many Prius owners got the upgrade and whether the latest problems involve buyers who never got the upgrade or if an altogether different glitch is shutting the car down.

Go ahead and buy a Prius.

LOL!

"...causing cars to stall or shut down while driving at highway speeds..."

ROFL!

who is driving a prius at highway speed?
    12 cylinders or walk!

They prolly do that to cover up the terrible (compared to the epa) highway mileage
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

lmao, that happened to somebody in my neighborhood, somebody was driving it back to his house and like 2 streets before his, the car stalled(there's a highway a couple of streets from here), it had to be towed to the toyota dealer about 5 miles from here, and 1 of my brother's co-workers had to fix it.....(my brother works @ that toyota dealer as a mechanic), i had to go there to check the engine he was building for his car(they let him work on his stuff after the shift is done) and i saw the prius there.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

A car that shuts down at random? Must be one of these.

[O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

wat does the title of the thread have to do with the actual thread?
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

is it just me or does the prius look slightly more attractive (if possible) when driven into a wall?

wall crashing

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17
    wat does the title of the thread have to do with the actual thread?

karrmann is now prius
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by pergarec
    LOL!

"...causing cars to stall or shut down while driving at highway speeds..."

ROFL!
    It would be funny to see, but a pain in the ass if u were driving. Gosh if I owned a prius (WHICH I NEVER WILL) I'd probably sell it. I can't stand stand technology when it doesn't work.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

I knew that, it was on motorweek, they said that it was a minor problem, just needs a couple of wires replaced, no harm done, Toyota roadside assistace will help you, and it is fixed under warrenty.

now lets talk lemons.

car that stalls rarely and needs a cople wires replaced under warrenty, or car that spontainly combusts and injures it's owner and totals it's self and has had over 10 recalls over it's life, espically considering that it's company has a reputation for faulty products?

http://www.geocities.com/archangel_jjn/
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

KARRMANN, we went over this with you oh so long ago.

You are quitign biased sites as evidence.
    That's just BS and you shodul know that by now.

Please learn to ahve a more balanced view of the world.
    Look at the way you have already diminished the Toyota - "couple of wires" - so what happened to the software udpate that takes an hour ? We all read that in the text, WHY did you miss it ?

DOn't post another Fcus comment until you can PROVE the percentage failure rate is worse than the Prius
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Wow! Prius, you surprised me. Finally a really nice post.
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

Prius, No matter what you say, that car will always be the most stupid looking car of our time.

edit: also just realized you spelt eleven wrong in your location
    Last edited by werty; 05-16-2005 at 04:58 PM.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    KARRMANN, we went over this with you oh so long ago.

You are quitign biased sites as evidence.
    That's just BS and you shodul know that by now.

Please learn to ahve a more balanced view of the world.
    Look at the way you have already diminished the Toyota - "couple of wires" - so what happened to the software udpate that takes an hour ? We all read that in the text, WHY did you miss it ?

DOn't post another Fcus comment until you can PROVE the percentage failure rate is worse than the Prius

ok, lets sart from the top.

Motorweek said that they were in and out, no many hours wasted, they said that both times it was a mionor wiring fix and they were in and out IN AND OUT

now the Focus, how is it a load of BS if you can search Focus Lemon, and find lemon law investiagtions involving the Focus, or under consumer complaints, the Focus has the most of just about any car I searched, and how is it a load of BS if this is a bunch of diffrent owners and sites about the Focus. ok, in that site, at least 5 owners complained about their Focuses catching on fire, a KNOWN problem that was recalled, Ford has a record of cars catching on fore (other than the Focus) that KILLED their owners, now, what would you rather have about 30 mins waiting for a wire to be replaced, or dieing because you car caught on fire when you were driving and you didn't have enough time to get out because it spread really spread, or if you got out, you need to spend $20,000 on a new car becaue your car was damaged beyond repair, now what? $100 warrenty deductable, or $20,000 toward a new car becaue your car caught on fire and it is damaged beyond repair, you don'tt understand, the American Focus is a load of monkey shot, it is no reliable or safe in any way. ok, if you don't beleve me, now you will when it is coming from CONSUMER AFFAIRS http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...ord_focus.html
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Thread Information