Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars rocked my socks.

Star Wars rocked my socks.

This could very possibly be the best movie of all 6. And that's coming from someone who is a huge Empire Strikes Back fan, who thought the first 2 were something that shouldn't really have had the SW name on them. They were good themselves, but not quite what was to be expected. Revenge of the Sith. Wow.

The effects were incredible. ILM really stepped it up for this one. The battles are incredible to watch. There's so much going on. During one of the lightsaber battles, you can watch the war outside and see ships being blown up. The sound was also what is expected from Lucas.

The acting was good. Some scenes felt forced and I could have done without. There are a few lines that make you laugh. And not because they're jokes. Because they were delivered terribly. Vader/Anakin especially.

The story was exactly what it had to be. A tie in from Clone Wars to A New Hope. And the story is great. It could have used a little more development in turning Anakin, but at 2 and a half hours already, I see why George cut it back. I never got bored, there was almost always something interesting happening. The fight between Obi Wan and Anakin was absolutely incredible. There was a small cheer from the crowd when Vader's mask came down and he took his first breath. (There's also a small glimpse of what he sees through the helmet. Very Cool.)

Overall, I'd say it's a 9. A little better acting, a little more development on Anakin, and it'd be perfect. If you like SW, you'll see it anyway. If you don't, go see it anyway. I know I'll be going back Saturday to see it.

BTW, Yoda proves once again that he is the most badass mother-eff'er in the universe.

Edit: One thing I want to add. As I was leaving the theater, I wasn't sure if I should be happy that the saga was complete, or sad that so much bad had to happen to get from Clone Wars to A New Hope. But now, a few hours later, it feels good to know that the story comes full circle and it's done now.
    Last edited by Quiggs; 05-19-2005 at 01:58 PM.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Awesome, thanks for the review man, looking forward to watch this movie

i went to watch it with couple of friends @ midnight.....(i didn't relly wanna go but friend had tickets left so i went), tho am not a SW fan, i liked the movie, the graphics and storyline were pretty good.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

I've exams next week and when I've finished them I'm gonna see The Revenge of the Sith, so I'm really looking forward to that...
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

its half downloaded now
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

i enjoyed it a lot. it's a good show.

I heard somewhere that it's not gonna be the end of starwars, just the end of the prequel. There's still gonna be an episode 7,8, and 9.

Poor Yoda..........
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by GT F1
    I heard somewhere that it's not gonna be the end of starwars, just the end of the prequel. There's still gonna be an episode 7,8, and 9.
    George has said he's not going to be doing Star Wars when he's 70. With the amount of time it takes to script, shoot, generate, and edit a SW movie, he's done. There's supposed to be a TV show though. Not sure how involved he's going to be, but it'll probably suck.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I heard rumors that episodes 4, 5, and 6 are going to be re-made after Lucas is dead, when he will have no legal control over the Star Wars franchise. Not too sure about three more episodes though...

Thanks for the review!! have seen all the others so wud be rude not to watch this one aswell x
    *Ibiza 2oo5-June 25th...It's Gonna be Mental!*

*CaRpE dIeM-dNt HaTe ApPrEcIaTe-HoLsTa 2oo5*

*~5 WEEKS TILL IBIZA BABY WOOP WOOP!~*

It's the sequel trilogy. This is where i found it:
    http://www.starwarssequeltrilogy.com/

Is the General (What's his name) supposed to be a robot?
    Or android? And does he take off his little face covering?

Actually just answer the the 1st to about what he is. Answering the last would only be spoiling it.

He's like a "hybrid", thats all i'll say.

The movie kicked ass!
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Thread Information