Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worlds finest soccer stadium!

Quote Originally Posted by andy.muc
    Allianz-Arena Munich | Pre-Opening

More pics? Click HERE!
    kinda looks like the selfridges department store here in Birmingham
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

when the sun is strong it seems like the spaceframe could make watching the game difficult with the pattern it casts on the field. its also a huge waste to have those lights on the outside, are the on always or only on game nights?

SHADOW

PS, how did you get that thumbnail in the first post?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    when the sun is strong it seems like the spaceframe could make watching the game difficult with the pattern it casts on the field.
    They can close the space between the frames. You can see that at the left part of the roof.

its also a huge waste to have those lights on the outside, are the on always or only on game nights?
    The lights are turned on only when the FC Bayern München (red) or the 1860 München (blue) are playing.

PS, how did you get that thumbnail in the first post?
    Check out http://imageshack.us
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    Yeah, went to the JJB last month to watch my team (Sunderland) give your boys a good beating!

Was quite a nice little stadium but shame about the location, seemed to be in an out of town retail park! Also shame you don't have enough fans to fill the stadium! [ducks for cover!]

Obviously, in my completely unbiased opinion, the Sunderland Stadium of Light is the best in the world!
    Yeah, it is a shame about the location, but I think the crowds will improve next year with top flight football, its going to be awesome.

EDIT: Next time we have a visit from sunderland, we will give you boys a lesson in football.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Manchester United is changing the name of theirs btw, in to $OLD TRAFFORD

not funny, right?
    Last edited by jorismo; 05-20-2005 at 01:11 PM.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    Manchester United is changing the name of theirs btw, in to $OLD TRAFFORD

not funny, right?
    nope...
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

FOOLS!!!

Evryone knows that the most beautifull,stadium in the world is the "ESTADIO DA LUZ" in Lisbon, home of SL BENFICA!!!! home of the euro 2004 final.

look at it, GREAT atmosphere, close to the action, BEAUTIFULL architecture and 5star functionality!
    here
    and here
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    EDIT: Next time we have a visit from sunderland, we will give you boys a lesson in football.
    I'll believe it when I see it!

Personally I want all the promoted teams to do well next season to get rid of some of the no-name clubs out of the Premier League. Southampton went last year (at last!), now I want to see the back of clubs like Charlton Athletic, Birmingham etc, clubs that you don't even notice (or care) that they're there! Also I'd like to see the back of NUFC for obvious reasons, but I'm probably the only one on here!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    However, Anfield is the best stadium in the world for sheer spirit [/IMG]
    and also mob murders, remember in i think '88 80-odd people were crushed into the gate and died?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    FOOLS!!!

Evryone knows that the most beautifull,stadium in the world is the "ESTADIO DA LUZ" in Lisbon, home of SL BENFICA!!!! home of the euro 2004 final.

look at it, GREAT atmosphere, close to the action, BEAUTIFULL architecture and 5star functionality!
    here
    and here
    WOOT? WOOT?? are you nuts!! F.C.Porto Stadium is the best one EVER!!!

The DRAGON Stadium!!!

http://www.fcporto.ws/edragao-f.html
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    and also mob murders, remember in i think '88 80-odd people were crushed into the gate and died?
    Whoaaa!!!!!!!!!! hold your horses there! I'll let you off seeing as you're not from the UK and may not be posessed of all the facts. What you're referring to is the Hillsborough disaster, a tragedy involving Liverpool supporters at the Hillsborough Stadium in SHEFFIELD, ie nowhere near Liverpool. Due to several reasons (poor policing, bad ticket allocation, poorly informed fans) 96 people lost their lives at the 1989 FA Cup semi final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest.

To call it a "mob murder" is a highly inflammatory and, to some, deeply offensive remark. Nobody intended for anyone to get hurt or killed. You really shouldn't make comments like that without at least having a basic grasp of the historical facts of what transpired that day.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

You, my ill-informed friend, have absolutely NO understanding of that disaster. Innocent people died and you should know a bit before you open your mouth and talk shit.

I would say: 1-0!
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    Whoaaa!!!!!!!!!! hold your horses there! I'll let you off seeing as you're not from the UK and may not be posessed of all the facts. What you're referring to is the Hillsborough disaster, a tragedy involving Liverpool supporters at the Hillsborough Stadium in SHEFFIELD, ie nowhere near Liverpool. Due to several reasons (poor policing, bad ticket allocation, poorly informed fans) 96 people lost their lives at the 1989 FA Cup semi final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest.

To call it a "mob murder" is a highly inflammatory and, to some, deeply offensive remark. Nobody intended for anyone to get hurt or killed. You really shouldn't make comments like that without at least having a basic grasp of the historical facts of what transpired that day.
    i didnt mean murder, and not mob like mafia, i meant like a mob of people got killed, it came out totally wrong, ok but in shefeild, liverpool was playing football right?

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    You, my ill-informed friend, have absolutely NO understanding of that disaster. Innocent people died and you should know a bit before you open your mouth and talk shit.
    i wasnt "talking shit" what are you talking about? i love soccer, and liverpool why would i "talk shit" about them?

Thread Information