Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just saw a UFO!

very sad.... white people are the monority in their own state....
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche

So... Texas belongs to white people only?
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

The possibility of encoutering an extraterrestrial life form is remote, but there is still a possibility.

you see, another life form could be so different from our own,that we might not even recognise it a form of life.
    GO HABS GO!

[O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    * X-Files theme song*
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    I believe there is a burger in N America but I can't prove it...
    Does that make it a religion?
    WTF that counter point makes no sense because we have the technology to prove youre wrong. get on a plane.
    we dont however have the technology to travel to every single planet in the universe to prove there is life.

It is concieveable that life exists on other planets. It is also concieveable that it may be advanced or more so than us. The problem with actually meeting anyone lies more along the dimension of time than space.
    If we take the assumption that the universe is between 10-20 billion years old and the earth around 4.5 billion years old. Life emerges around 4000 million years ago (single cell), multi cell life about 1000 million years ago. The first mammals 220 million years ago. About 15 million years ago we are supposed to have seperated from apes, 1.8 million years ago homo erectus etc. It wasnt until 100, 000 years ago "modern humans" appeared. It has only been within the last 50 years we have been able to conduct space flight and then only to our solar system. Similarly radio transmissions to further areas. How much longer mankind will exist is unknown. If a similar civilisation to ours has evolved to the level that they can travel further through space than us, they will have had to began at around the same time, been subject to the identical random combination of chemical reactions that spawned life on our planet and been subject to an environement that would produce broadly similar forms of life. They would then have had to set out in the exact right direction to run into us within the brief window our two civilisations are sychroneously develped to the approrite level for communication. The only variable could be if they have mastered time travel.
    Do I believe in the possibility of life on other planets? Yes, you have to.
    Do I think we will ever meet it? Nope.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

I agree with crisis. Life could exist out there but because of the vast distances you could never know of them until they were already extinct. The two fastest ways for another civilisation to know about us is through hearing our radio waves or managing to observe our planet. These two methods rely on radio waves and light to be transmited. Both of these take way too long for ayone to first hear or obseve us and then come to us. In short: we're here, the're out there but I'm not expecting them soon. Not unless they have mastered time travel or wormhole technology.
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
    "Life is short, drive fast!" - Lamborghini
    "How's that for a slice of fried gold?"
    "I'll take the case!" - Harvey Birdman

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    Remember that Texas was a state of Mexico not too long ago Colin.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I believe you r1ckst4. You need to report this to some people. There are some organisations in New Zealand who deal with UFO sightings.

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    It is concieveable that life exists on other planets. It is also concieveable that it may be advanced or more so than us. The problem with actually meeting anyone lies more along the dimension of time than space.
    If we take the assumption that the universe is between 10-20 billion years old and the earth around 4.5 billion years old. Life emerges around 4000 million years ago (single cell), multi cell life about 1000 million years ago. The first mammals 220 million years ago. About 15 million years ago we are supposed to have seperated from apes, 1.8 million years ago homo erectus etc. It wasnt until 100, 000 years ago "modern humans" appeared. It has only been within the last 50 years we have been able to conduct space flight and then only to our solar system. Similarly radio transmissions to further areas. How much longer mankind will exist is unknown. If a similar civilisation to ours has evolved to the level that they can travel further through space than us, they will have had to began at around the same time, been subject to the identical random combination of chemical reactions that spawned life on our planet and been subject to an environement that would produce broadly similar forms of life. They would then have had to set out in the exact right direction to run into us within the brief window our two civilisations are sychroneously develped to the approrite level for communication. The only variable could be if they have mastered time travel.
    Do I believe in the possibility of life on other planets? Yes, you have to.
    Do I think we will ever meet it? Nope.
    i was watching a show on one of the Discovery channels and they were talking about the possibility of there being other forms of life out elsewhere in the universe

there was this guy named frank drake who made a formula of the likelihood oh extra terrestrial trying to contacct with us

N = R* x fp x ne x fl x fi x fc x L

the thing is, most of the variables cannt be solved for

its explained here

on the show, they said that even if the most modest numbers were placed in place of the undetermined variables, there was still a large number of civilizations out there

they also toyed with the idea that other civilizations might know of our existance, but find us too insignificant to make contact with--- scary
    Last edited by targa; 05-22-2005 at 09:18 PM.
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    they also toyed with the idea that other civilizations might know of our existance, but find us too insignificant to make contact with--- scary
    I hope we know someday who else is out there.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

there was this guy named frank drake who made a formula of the likelihood of extra terrestrial trying to contacct with us
    its drakkie. and he's a member of UCP.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    Sorry to break your discussion guys...

it was just the moon

i was playing around with my camera's features and i thought the results look like UFO's, and i wanted to see you guys reaction...

soweee...

but seriously now... i have seen a real UFO back in Indonesia and it was a Flying saucer... i dont expect u guys to believe me though after what i've done... but yeah i've seen one before... about 500 metres away from where i was standing... it didnt rotate like what they show on TV though.

but yea, theres another form of life out there... we're not alone.

again, sorry to tricked u guys

i was watching a show on one of the Discovery channels and they were talking about the possibility of there being other forms of life out elsewhere in the universe

there was this guy named frank drake who made a formula of the likelihood oh extra terrestrial trying to contacct with us

N = R* x fp x ne x fl x fi x fc x L

the thing is, most of the variables cannt be solved for

its explained here

on the show, they said that even if the most modest numbers were placed in place of the undetermined variables, there was still a large number of civilizations out there

Cool equation. I may quote that. The notion other civilisations may know about us but want to leave us alone seems unlikely to our pscyche as we cant leave anything alon but plenty of science fiction has covered that angle. The Day The Earth Stood Still is a beauty conceptually.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information