Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I go to court June 22........

I go to court June 22........

you guys, yesterday, i went and saw Star Wars ------- excellent

on the way home i got my first ticket, and my second and third

the first was for speeding, which i didnt notice i was doing. 40 in a 25 is kinda high though

the second was for having too many people in the car, in Virginia, for the first year you have your license, you are only allowed to have one unrelated person in the car with you. i had three

the third is a ****brain charge because i didnt have a stupid county sticker on my windshield, its not my car, but when i asked why he gave me a ticket for it he said it was my fault i was driving the car without it

so i go to court the twenty-second of june...

the judge that will be handling my case will take my license, thats a give in, so for the month that i have my license taken away, i have decided to leave ucp......its no "i might not be coming back" thing, but i feel really bad about having a ticket at all

i shouldnt feel bad, the only thing thats really bothering me is the speeding, which isnt that much when you look at the last two people i know got tickets for 20 over and 33 over, but i do

have any of you guys ever been stopped for speeding? did you ever feel bad about it, even though its not that bad of a thing? or am i just ****ed up?
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    have any of you guys ever been stopped for speeding? did you ever feel bad about it, even though its not that bad of a thing? or am i just ****ed up?
    yeah, i only got one ticket and that was a day after i got the integra - oddly didn't get a ticket when i was driving the commodore (probably afraid to speed in that boat). i was doing 70 in a 50 zone as i was accelerating out of a roundabout. at first i felt bad for speeding, later i felt pissed off because there was no posted speed, hence i was expected to go 50 because it was a built up area. no idea how you define a built up area, the road had bike lanes either side and was quite broad, felt like a 70 road. now i have one fecking point left to last me this year.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

i have been stopped for taking a turn at high speed...still not sure if i cud have slowed down, coz there was a car real close behind me, and i thot at the time that going round faster was safer...bloody cop was right there in his bloody car, he pulls infront of me (facing me) and motions for my licence. i managed to get away tho.

gotten caught by radar tho...n dont worry, u dont feel bad after the second or third time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    wat the hell do i put as a siggy?!?!?!

EVERYONE gets speeding tickets at some point in their life. I got 5 in one summer when I was 18. You shouldn't feel bad about it. There's nothing wrong with you. And you shouldn't leave UCP for that reason. Just take it as a learning experience and move on.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    EVERYONE gets speeding tickets at some point in their life. I got 5 in one summer when I was 18. You shouldn't feel bad about it. There's nothing wrong with you. And you shouldn't leave UCP for that reason. Just take it as a learning experience and move on.
    FIVE in ONE summer?!
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    FIVE in ONE summer?!
    Yeah, I was a speed demon that summer

And.........when are you going to be allowed to drive again?
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

The only reason my license was suspended was because I didn't pay for one of the tickets on time. As soon as it was paid, my license was reinstated. It sure was an expensive summer, tho. Kansas has this stupid law where no matter whether you go to court over the ticket or not, you pay the $65 court charges related to the ticket. So, the cheapest speeding ticket you can get is $65.

Talk to the prosecutor. See if he'll knock it down to a non-moving violation. They might even let you keep your license.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    my dad has only gotten one ticket while i was with him, for speeding in his m5 (honestly, how can you NOT? )

then my dad's friend got pulled over for doing 60 in a 30 in his porsche on his way to work, apoligised to the officer and got a warning
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

I haven't gotten a ticket yet. I was driving with my mom and told her to go faster, right around the next bend there was a cop and she got got a ticket. I felt so bad because I caused it, but shit happens.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

my aunt got a ticket for driving through red in Rotterdam.Point is , she has never been there that day, because she was overworking.. she took it to court and still had to pay, cos the judge didn't found the testimonies of her colleaugues convincing enough.... :s

My first ticket was pretty bad. 83 in a 65 zone. And I was really going closer to 90, 95... I guess the cop was in a good mood. That was $178 and 4 points. It only takes 6 to suspend a license in PA.

The first time I got pulled over could have been really bad. It was late afternoon, dark out, raining. My mom sent me to pick up dinner and I really didn't want to go out. So I was booking it pretty good up Rt33 to get to Rt22. Well, I hit the ramp, come down in 4th at about 60 (both highways are posted 55 and the ramp I was on is posted 25), come off the corner and lay it flat out to get ahead of the car in the right lane who didn't want to let me on. I flashed my blinker maybe twice as I was pulling in. About 45 seconds later I see this yellow marker light pull up next to me, spotlight flips on, red and blue start going. Not gonna tell you what I said next.

So I stop. He asked me the usual stuff. Do you know how fast you were going, where are you heading, blah blah blah... 73 in a 55, failure to yield, failure to signal, and failure to provide proof of insurance and registration. I couldn't find either in the glovebox. The cop let me off with a warning. Later I found out that the new insurance card hadn't come yet.

I still drive it like I stole it. I'm just more careful about where I stole it.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I've gotten two tickets in my entire life. One wan't my fault and the other was. In Overland Park, Kansas I was stoped for not comming to a full stop at a Stop sign, which was BS, I had come to a full stop. But it was 2:00 AM and I had no witnesses. Guess the cop had to fill his quota. The second was just outside Shannonvile, Canada. I was driving a friends Quattro Coupe and got cought doing 140 kph in a 80 kph (I think) zone. It was a $500.00 (Canadian) ticket.

Matt is right man, don't leave UCP becuase of a ticket, we all get em'. Maybe if you appologise to the DA or Judge you'll get off easy. . Good luck in court!!!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Hopefully I'll have none. On a side note: I had this cool dream where I was driving an 05' M3 (Which I saw last night, I'm assuming it's why I dreamt of it) up my street, gas-pedal to the floor, and when the intersection came up, I would 'scandinavian flick' the car left and go back down the street parallel to the one I floored it on. I remember waking up just after shifting down, locking the wheels and pulling the handbrake to drift across the intersection.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information