Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I go to court June 22........

After that 2nd tranny I think I'd have called it quits...
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    After that 2nd tranny I think I'd have called it quits...
    No car payments. It's worth it.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    "Not that anyone cares what I think, but the Restaurant is at the other end of the Universe."
    And the irony of that is lost if you dont know the next bit of the story.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

well, its june 22nd

i had to go at 9 this morning, when my case was called, i had waited for an hour and a half....worst anticipation of my life....well, not the worst, but pretty bad

what i thought i was getting when i went in was:
    - 90 day license suspension
    - $150 fines and court cost($5 per mph over the speed limit, $75 court cost)
    - 7 points on my license for 4 years
    - $120 a month in car insurance

what i got:
    30 day license suspension

not as bad as i imagined it would be
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    well, its june 22nd

i had to go at 9 this morning, when my case was called, i had waited for an hour and a half....worst anticipation of my life....well, not the worst, but pretty bad

what i got:

Congratulations, guess you learned your lesson though. 30-days without a license in the summer could be a b1tch though.. but I can't drive on my own yet (have to be 17) so don't take my word for it.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I only get parking tickets. €25 each time. ugh. Soo expensive for such a stupid thing.
    As for speeding, dunno, I have memorised all the positions of speed cams in areas where I frequently come. I'm always on the lookout for suspicious cars (certain models, mostly in dark blue) that could have a speed cam in them. Never got a ticket. Anyway, everywhere whe you can drive 50 I do 60, 70, I do 80 etc. 50 is disgustingly slow, 60 is a perfect speed, in fourth gear at low revs. Hightway between 130 and 140 and sometimes to 150, too much traffic anyway. You can do 120 on the highway.
    And my mother: average speed on the highway 160, never got a ticket in her life, not once accident either. She is my driving mentor, her gear shifting and driving skills are perfect and she always keeps her distance, I wonder if she was a race driver in a previous life. She's a good example for me, except for speeding. But I only speed when the situation allows me and I'm 100% aware of my surroundings.
    I fear the day that I get one as tickets/penalties here are sickenly high, like in Scandinavia.

Anyway the fastest I've ever gone was 185 with my car, on a completely empty highway at 12 pm. (car only goes to 191 so yeah..)

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    well, its june 22nd

what i got:

Glad to hear you got off easy targa
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

i havent had a ticket yet and goodness knows im most deserving of one. *touch wood*

still dont feel bad mate, it happens to everyone at smoe stage.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    I only get parking tickets. €25 each time. ugh. Soo expensive for such a stupid thing.
    As for speeding, dunno, I have memorised all the positions of speed cams in areas where I frequently come. I'm always on the lookout for suspicious cars (certain models, mostly in dark blue) that could have a speed cam in them. Never got a ticket. Anyway, everywhere whe you can drive 50 I do 60, 70, I do 80 etc. 50 is disgustingly slow, 60 is a perfect speed, in fourth gear at low revs. Hightway between 130 and 140 and sometimes to 150, too much traffic anyway. You can do 120 on the highway.
    And my mother: average speed on the highway 160, never got a ticket in her life, not once accident either. She is my driving mentor, her gear shifting and driving skills are perfect and she always keeps her distance, I wonder if she was a race driver in a previous life. She's a good example for me, except for speeding. But I only speed when the situation allows me and I'm 100% aware of my surroundings.
    I fear the day that I get one as tickets/penalties here are sickenly high, like in Scandinavia.

Anyway the fastest I've ever gone was 185 with my car, on a completely empty highway at 12 pm. (car only goes to 191 so yeah..)
    we're speaking in terms of kmh, correct?
    pondering things

yes theyre km/h over there. good to hear you got off lightly. still learn the lesson, i know anything i cop will involve money and points
    The Datto will rage again...

How does the point system work and where can I read about it ? I don't know much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    How does the point system work and where can I read about it ? I don't know much about it.
    when you commit a "point violation" offence, you get a certain number of points on your license, those points work against you, mainly in the tune of insurance

for you...do a google search for "Texas DMV" - itll be explained on there
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    Well, buddy im in the same boat. I got pulled over at 1 in the morning for having my high beams on then turning them off when cars passed. He claimed I did not turn them off and got me for out after curfew. My court case is the 25, I'll tell you how it goes.
    Curfew? Why? Are you on probation? Or is it just one of those mediaeval laws you get in the South?
    UCP's second biggest classic-car fan. Representing the 1% of kids who love REAL cars : the classics

UCP mac user #3

TN55- latte-drinking, sushi-eating, Volvo-driving liberal extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonutter55
    Curfew? Why? Are you on probation? Or is it just one of those mediaeval laws you get in the South?
    if your under 18 I believe, then you can't be out no later than midnight or something.

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    if your under 18 I believe, then you can't be out no later than midnight or something.
    yeah....here in virginia, our cerfew hours are between 12am and 4am...kind of a bitchy law...but the only way they will get you is if youre doing something else wrong
    pondering things

Thread Information