Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attatchment rules

soo that in order to view the multitude of images on this site u needs an account

Speak english.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

I really don't see what the big deal is. Using the attachment system is very straight forward and fast, specially for those with broad band. Look at Matt, he probably has more hi res pics than any one member here and uses the attachment feature just fine.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    I really don't see what the big deal is. Using the attachment system is very straight forward and fast, specially for those with broad band. Look at Matt, he probably has more hi res pics than any one member here and uses the attachment feature just fine.
    We're not talking about it being troublesome taz, we're talking about quality. Even in Matt's forum if you go and click on some of the pics you'll always see names like "resize of ----------". Obviously having a full sized pic is much much better than having some lousy resize, because you know what you're missing when you don't have one. Everybody likes cars. And everybody likes big car pictures. Even more people love extremely hi-res car pictures. And there are members who are willing to utilize their time to get those car pictures, just for the benefit of others.

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    We're not talking about it being troublesome taz, we're talking about quality. Even in Matt's forum if you go and click on some of the pics you'll always see names like "resize of ----------". Obviously having a full sized pic is much much better than having some lousy resize, because you know what you're missing when you don't have one. Everybody likes cars. And everybody likes big car pictures. Even more people love extremely hi-res car pictures. And there are members who are willing to utilize their time to get those car pictures, just for the benefit of others.
    That's why Wouter now allows 1MB pictures

Here's a 498Kb UCP attached picture, I don't see why anybody would need a higher resolution.

(And you still have 502kb left )
    Attached Images Attached Images

saying that here is a pic thats kinda shexy

1.82mb
    and a hell of alot of the scooby mdia pics are nearing 4mb

http://www.imagehigh.com/view.php?image_id=1136667
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    Here's a 498Kb UCP attached picture, I don't see why anybody would need a higher resolution.

(And you still have 502kb left )
    It always differs from picture to picture. Just because this picture may be of large size and small, does not mean that all others are the same. Of course, everybody does like higher resolution pictures, usually for their own collection. And saying that, compare the image quality of that picture to one of the recent pictures in the rally thread, and you'll get my point.

Yes a resolution that high is really required, for all those people out there with their screen resolution set to 3500x2300 ...
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Yes a resolution that high is really required, for all those people out there with their screen resolution set to 3500x2300 ...
    and for IE readers it automatically resizes the image viewed to window size. How often does anyone actually press the expand button ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    and for IE readers it automatically resizes the image viewed to window size. How often does anyone actually press the expand button ?
    *raises hand*

I'm sick of the UCP system. I have tried, not once, twice, or thrice, but atleast 5 times to try and upload pictures for my rally thread. It seems anything beyond 400 (or possibly even lesser) is just a no-go. I tried refreshing my desktop, refreshing the page and even went as far as restarting my computer, but to no avail. I choose my files, it uploads and then when it finishes uploading the small upload box turns while and doesn't load me my pics onto the main page. I'm not really sure whether it's my PC or UCP itself but please get to the bottom of the problem, if it's on your end. It lets me upload anything below 100 kb. As you can see yourself I haven't been impatient till now but it is really starting to bite me.

Thanks.

testing
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I'm sick of the UCP system. I have tried, not once, twice, or thrice, but atleast 5 times to try and upload pictures for my rally thread. It seems anything beyond 400 (or possibly even lesser) is just a no-go. I tried refreshing my desktop, refreshing the page and even went as far as restarting my computer, but to no avail. I choose my files, it uploads and then when it finishes uploading the small upload box turns while and doesn't load me my pics onto the main page. I'm not really sure whether it's my PC or UCP itself but please get to the bottom of the problem, if it's on your end. It lets me upload anything below 100 kb. As you can see yourself I haven't been impatient till now but it is really starting to bite me.

Thanks.
    You'll notice that I regularly post pictures up to the 1meg mark in the hide-out. And even before the size limits went up, I always posted the pictures as close to the 488k limit as I could. Nearly 19k pictures later it still works fine for me.

How large are these pictures? Not in file size terms, but in dimensions?
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Thanks.
    i have had some of the same problems.it is very annoying.i think it has something to do with some of the pictures. others work fine, but when I upload the same as before, it doesn't work.should be the pics then. quite annoying though

Matt - somewhere between 3000x2000 pixels...

Goddamit

Thread Information