Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ban all under-25 men from driving

Ban all under-25 men from driving

How many people on UCP in the UK would this apply to

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100n...name_page.html

me for one!

whats that gonna do? everybody needs a period to learn and its better to be sooner than later. ban the people and they will only come back just as bad, older yes but not better drivers
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

Stupid Judge, I say we ban HIM from judging around

While I do think this is drastic and uncalled for, there's not a lot of truth in the idea that practice is what teen drivers need the most. Maturity plays a big part in safe and defensive driving. And as much as teenagers hate to admit it when they are still teenagers, there is a lack of maturity at their age.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

it would definitely apply to me as im just 17 doing theory on sunday or money, whichever i book and then test on 20th

that would **** it rite up for me and would that also mean that you wouldnt be allowed to compete in motorsport till your 25 ? - i.e.. rallying -
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

just thought of 2 points

1) http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/
    0100news/0200wales/tm_objectid=15592030&method=full&siteid=50082&
    headline=ban-young-male-drivers--says-judge-name_page.html

2) couldnt this be classed as sexist ?
    Last edited by TrueChaoZ; 06-07-2005 at 07:26 AM.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Well, the judge shoot himself in the foot with this one as the Toyota driver was 24 and choose to "play" along. Given the fact that this was his third major offense in one year's driving practice it should be seriously considered whether this guy should be back at the wheel at all.

It is a fact though that according to casualty statistics the age of 24 is a benchmark, after which the participation rate drops sharply. Obviously society has accepted that teenagers take about 6 years to fool around in cars.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    just thought of 2 points

1) http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100n...name_page.html

2) couldnt this be classed as sexist ?

1) true but it would be in england aswell

2) yes i think it would. if they tried to do this to women or a race or religion there would be an uproar

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree

2) yes i think it would. if they tried to do this to women or a race or religion there would be an uproar
    he might have proposed it for any woman regardless of age
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    he might have proposed it for any woman regardless of age
    i didn't want to say it but it was on my mind

but the statistics suggest otherwise i believe. i think women have less crashes numberwise. but the number of women driving is significantly lower than the number of men (in the UK at least) and lots of women drive on their husbands insurance.

well yeah but i wasnt meaning it that way

Yes, because there are a few thousand "incidents" involving <25 male drivers, compared with the hundreds of thousands of <25 male drivers who drive safely.

If you ban under 25s from driving, they will just be driving stupidly at 25.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Yes, because there are a few thousand "incidents" involving <25 male drivers, compared with the hundreds of thousands of <25 male drivers who drive safely.
    classic case of lies and statistics. You should know better than posting that

I think that rule isn´t just worth applying. It will only increase your desire to steal the car from your parents... yes your parents. At that age you WILL probably have a job and depends on the country you´re in , like here, you will need it. The losermeters are going to rise and will only extend until you´re 25 or more ... when you´re 24 riding your bike and the guy who´s 25 picking on you with his crappy old car.. crappy old car because he still doesnt know how to maneuver well, so he´ll probably crash it too.
    "In UCP I TRUST".

but the statistics suggest otherwise i believe. i think women have less crashes numberwise.
    I guess that's only because their natural lack of hability makes them drive much slower. That's enough to avoid a lot of accidents. No that they don't put others in danger. They just do it in a more avoidable way. Like a wall.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Thread Information