Thread: Red Bull and Ferrari unite.

Red Bull and Ferrari unite.

Will Red Bull use Bridgestones next year? My prediction is YES...
    This way Bridgestones will clock up more testing miles and won't have the teething problems os this season.
    Rumors say that Williams will also join Bridgestone. Who knows.
    Let's hope Ferrari will recover and give us a good show with stiff competition. May the best team win! (or should I say the one with the best strategic decisions?)

'ang on a minute... Have I read that wrong, or is there going to be two teams on the grid sporting the ferrari name? Won't that be a bit... Weird?

Yes, essentially four cars on the grid flaunting the Ferrari brand.

Don't get me wrong, but I think that the possibility is rather slim for this to happen.
    I think that Ferrari won't give easily to anyone the right to use their brand name. The Ferrari brand name is one of the most recognised globally. And I don't mean in the car business alone. Even my grandmother knows Ferrari (she'll never know the difference though-or so I hope )

I think the most possible scenario is an arrangement similar to the one made with Sauber. They rebadged the Ferrari engine as Petronas. I suppose they could use the name Ferrari, but they would have to pay big bucks. That is why I don't thing that the team will be called Red Bull-Ferrari. Red Bull has a lot of money, but not THAT much.

But i'm not trying to be a prophet here. All things could happen in business, so let's wait and see.

i think they should badge the engines they give to RedBull as 'Maserati' engines

...just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by BMW325
    i think they should badge the engines they give to RedBull as 'Maserati' engines

...just a thought...
    Maserati is no longer part of Ferrari, it was considered to be a liability for a future stock floatation
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    'ang on a minute... Have I read that wrong, or is there going to be two teams on the grid sporting the ferrari name? Won't that be a bit... Weird?
    Not really.

There are four Toyotas this year, and there have been many years where half the grid were powered by Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight
    Don't get me wrong, but I think that the possibility is rather slim for this to happen.
    I think that Ferrari won't give easily to anyone the right to use their brand name.
    So what about all that cheap crap with the Ferrari badge on it?

Ferrari brand phones, laptops, colognes, sunglasses, shirts, shoes...

Ferrari are a total brand-whore.

Not to mention:
    "Ferrari were the dream partner, and they wanted us as well."

"We will also have their name in the team name next year, Red Bull Ferrari."

A case of not RTFA?

I suppose they could use the name Ferrari, but they would have to pay big bucks.
    I think you'll find that RBR are paying big bucks for the engines, which come with a badge on them saying "Ferrari".

Red Bull has a lot of money, but not THAT much.
    What? They are minted. A point proven by the fact that they are using Ferrari engines next year...

Of course Ferrari will allow them to use their name.

Aside from them being brand-whores, they will want to be mentioned in all the press when the RBR cars finish in the points, and the SF team are in the also rans.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    So what about all that cheap crap with the Ferrari badge on it?

Ferrari brand phones, laptops, colognes, sunglasses, shirts, shoes...

Ferrari are a total brand-whore.

I agree with you. They sell their brand name. But they do it with a BIG premium. Look the Olympus-Ferrari Digi-cameras. They are premium products and are priced way more expensive than their competition. So I think that if RBR uses the Ferrari name, they will have to pay for it. It was rumoured that Sauber paid about $20m for the "Petronas" engine. I'd say that if they used the Ferrari name also it would be more like $25m. Of course this only is personal speculation. I can't back up the exact sum, but I think you can understand what I mean.

What? They are minted. A point proven by the fact that they are using Ferrari engines next year...
    I wouldn't say they are minted. I don't have the Asset/Liabilities catalogue, nor can I speak with certain numbers. I'd prefer to say that they try to have efficiency in their management. They can't afford to spend too much. I just think that they don't have the technical expertise to experiment on building an F1 engine from scratch. It takes a lot of money and time. It would be cheaper to shop around. After all they are not championship contenders.

they will want to be mentioned in all the press when the RBR cars finish in the points, and the SF team are in the also rans.
    Why didn't they let Sauber use the Ferrari name? You and I use it because we know it. But a simple fan could ignore it.

I was thinking....Why are we so passionate about proving our points? All this time we are commenting on a rumour. I just thought about it and it is rather funny

Why do you think that Sauber are "not allowed" to use the Ferrari name?

I thought the arrangement was that Sauber bought year old Ferrari engines, then ran and maintained them independantly of Ferrari.

Since it is a team of engineers from Petronas developing the engine through the season it isn't, technically, a Ferrari engine.

Red Bull would be recieving factory support from SF, so it would be a Ferrari engine.
    Thanks for all the fish

Soon enough, at least half of the cars on the grid will be powered by Ferrari and somehow, the other by Lamborghini...aha...an olde battle once again started.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

I think that Ferrari won't give easily to anyone the right to use their brand name..
    1991 - Minardi-Ferrari
    1992 - Dallara-Ferrari
    It is better to keep quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dorricc
    1991 - Minardi-Ferrari
    1992 - Dallara-Ferrari
    Well a team's decision is based on many factors. In 1991 Ferrari didn't have today's status. They couldn't demand they money that they would demand today. After all today they have a rather powerful engine.

Business cases change year by year. In F1 they change much quicker than other
    businesses...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03
    Soon enough, at least half of the cars on the grid will be powered by Ferrari and somehow, the other by Lamborghini...aha...an olde battle once again started.
    not very likely..but no harm in dreamin
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Thread Information