Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Styling ONLY

Styling ONLY

This is a comparison of exterior styling only.
    Choose one from each pair.
    Feel free to explain your choices.

Ferrari F430
    Lamborghini Gallardo

Ferrari F430
    Ferrari 360 Modena

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
    Ferrari 456M

Maserati Quattroporte
    Jaguar XJ

Maserati GranSport
    Jaguar XKR

BMW M6
    Aston Martin DB9

Ferrari F430
    Ferrari F430
    Ferrari 456M
    Maserati Quattroporte
    Maserati GranSport
    Aston Martin DB9

strange thread btw...
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Ferrari F430

Ferrari F430

Ferrari 456M

Jaguar XJ

Jaguar XKR (though I'm not terribly fond of either of them)

Aston Martin DB9 (and in terms of styling alone, this one wins overall)

Gallardo-Love the angular design, it's fresh and aggressive. Lambo is doing the best job of designing right now IMO.

360- Still not crazy about the 430, it looks juvinile and the shark nose openings contradict the other shapes which are incorporated into the design.

612-Getting used to the design, it looks less sedated than the 456 which I never was crazy about. Neither of the two are stunning designs IMO.

XJ- Quattroporte is okay, it's almost a tie between these two but everytme I see a Quattroporte it makes me think of Buicks.

XKR- Maserati's designs are okay but don't look aggressive to me, the XKR looks ready to pounce. However if I had the money Jag nor Maser would be at the top of my purchase list.

DB9- The general shape of the 9 is a bit tiring since it has evolved from the DB7, but it is a gorgeous car...the dimensions and shapes look great from any angle.

1. None, I don't like neither of them, but if forced the Lamborghini.

2. The 360 is better, though the pinnacle of the V8-engined Ferraris is the F355.

3. The 456M wins hands down, a very handsome 4-seater compare to the weird front of the 612.

4. Styling wise it's again the Italians, the Quattroporte looks so cool.

5. Here there is a tie. The XKR looks magnificent with 19-inch BBS Jaguar wheels and painte in British Racing Green, and the Maserati Gransport is one of the most evocative cars on sale currently.

6. The Aston wins that one easily. That is more due to uglyness of the BMW than to the Aston's beauty, altough I admit that the DB9 is the prettiest modern car.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

[QUOTE=BMW325]
    Lamborghini Gallardo

Ferrari F430

Ferrari 456M

Maserati Quattroporte

Maserati GranSport

Aston Martin DB9
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Lamborghini Gallardo

Ferrari 360 Modena

Ferrari 456M

Maserati Quattroporte

Maserati GranSport

Aston Martin DB9

I can't really explain my choices. I just like more the styling on these cars.

Lamborghini Gallardo - don't mind the F430 just like the Gallardo better

Ferrari F430 - just do

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti - just do

Jaguar XJ - don't really like Maserati that much

Jaguar XKR - don't really like Maserati that much

Aston Martin DB9 - As IMO the DB9 is one of the best looking cars at the moment.

Ferrari F430
    Ferrari F430
    Ferrari 456M
    Maserati Quattroporte
    Maserati GranSport
    Aston Martin DB9

Not the hardest choises btw...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Lamborghini Gallardo

Ferrari 456M

Jaguar XJ

Jaguar XKR

Aston Martin DB9

I'm probably different from all of those who think Ferraris allways look good.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Ferrari F430
    Lamborghini Gallardo

The F430 is ugly. Really ugly.
    The upright headlights, which look as if they have come straight from Hyundai, combined with the gaping "shark nose" aren't elegant in the slightest. The flanks, with their oversized air scoops looking like an afterthought, have a poor surface quality and badly integrated vents.
    The rear is just as dysfunctional, the raised tail lights didn't work on the Enzo, and they don't work here. They are too fussy, especially when combined with the shutlines, creases and myriad of reflectors strewn across the rear.

It has none of the simple, elegant beauty which can be found on the Ferraris of the '50s and '60s, and none of the taut, angular refinement of the cars of the '70s through to the early '90s.

It looks like a low rent, Pacific rim offering that is trying to look a bit like a Ferrari, but also trying desperately to be modern.

The Gallardo is much better. The taut, well defined surfaces lend a feeling of solidity to the car, agressive straight lines are combined well with subtle curvatures, preventing the car from looking too boxy.

The vents, and details such as wing mirrors and lights, are effectively incorperated into the design, they are kept simple, and don't employ several different shapes and styles into a small area like the cluttered, messy F430.

Clean and simple elegance, combined with angular aggression and dynamic stance.

Ferrari F430
    Ferrari 360 Modena

Much better than the F430. The car's surfaces are cleaner, and simpler.
    The lights are mirrored nicely by the radiator vents, the door mirrors also echo the soft, oval shape of the lights. The rear of the car is similarly uncluttered.

Not the best Ferrari by a long margin, but obviously when the F430 came along, and simply changing the lights wasn't good enough, so they added unneccessary, ill-fitting details that ruin the 360's sublty.

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
    Ferrari 456M

F612. Oh dear god why?!
    The front looks like a buck toothed simpleton who has just been knocked senseless with a shovel. The concave side surface proves that you shouldn't use concave surfaces because they look crap. The wheels are too small, making the wheelbase look far too long, and the car too bulky and heavy.

The back end is nice, with good treatment of the protruding tail lights, much better than the Enzo and F430. However it is completely at odds with the sharply defined front end.

See attachment for what I see everytime I look upon a 612. It isn't a Ferrari it is a joke.

The 456 is a great example of what a Ferrari GT should be. Understated and refined, not a glaring show-off car.

Maserati Quattroporte
    Jaguar XJ

Quattroporte is a good design, but not to my taste.

The XJ is my second favorite XJ after the Series II. The only thing that could do with changing is the bonnet - a bit too busy with lumps and bumps.

Maserati GranSport
    Jaguar XKR

The Maser coupe looks like a banana because it droops too much at the front and rear. With the loss of the boomerang rear lights, the coupe lost any positives.

The XK can look a bit ungainly in the wrong colour, or with the wrong wheels. With the right combination it looks great, classic lines from the E-type, but not too retro.

BMW M6
    Aston Martin DB9

The DB9 is one of the best Astons of all time, the 6 is only one of the best from BMW's current range. No contest really.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks for all the fish

My choice :

Quote Originally Posted by BMW325
    This is a comparison of exterior styling only.
    Choose one from each pair.
    Feel free to explain your choices.

Ferrari F430
    Lamborghini Gallardo

Ferrari F430
    Ferrari 360 Modena

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
    Ferrari 456M

Maserati Quattroporte
    Jaguar XJ

Maserati GranSport
    Jaguar XKR

BMW M6
    Aston Martin DB9

Lamborghini Gallardo. The F430 looks very ugly to me, the front doesn't go with the rest of the car at all.

Ferrari 360 Modena Again the F430 is ugly, the 360 has a nice curved body, which I like a lot.

Ferrari 456M The 612 is another of the newer and ugly Ferraris.

Jaguar XJ The Jaguar looks very elegant and has the classic Jaguar look.

Jaguar XKR Again it's elegant and aggressive and has the classic Jaguar lines.

Aston Martin DB9 The Aston is one of the best looking cars in the world, the BMW looks great, but has no chance against the Aston.

Lamborghini Gallardo - IMO one of the most beautiful cars ever.
    Ferrari F430 - It looks more aggressive than the 360, and I like it.
    Ferrari 456M - At least this car still looked like a Ferrari.
    Jaguar XJ - donno.
    Jaguar XKR - don't like Maserati that much.
    Aston Martin DB9 - one of the most stylish cars ever. I must say Aston Martin knows what they're doing!

Ferrari F430

Ferrari F430

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

Maserati Quattroporte

Maserati GranSport

Aston Martin DB9
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Thread Information