Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm no expert but...Vanquish compared to Vanquish S

I'm no expert but...Vanquish compared to Vanquish S

Yes, I am not an expert as I am new to this world of exotics but today I got the chance to spend some time driving a Vanquish S instead of the Vanquish without the sports dynamic package that I had driven before. I thought I would give you my observations of the differences, please remembering that I am a novice at this.

First, I thought the Vanquish was crazy and it is. The Vanquish S is sick. I know people kind of look at the Vanquish S as just an upgrade to the Vanquish but I see it as a different car.

Its feel is stiffer and the responsiveness to steering is greatly improved. In addition at higher speeds you definitely notice the increased braking power. These attributes, along with the increased power, give you a different experience in the car.

Today I went for a drive in the hills of Northern California, very long and winding roads, miles and miles. Almost like a course with very few cars. Dropping her into third gear and accelerating through the winding turns was unbelievable.

While first and second is slightly faster, the power in third gear is tremendously improved. You accelerate building up the RPM's and then when you shift to fourth gear, it is seamless and the car takes off like a bullet.

I was driving on these roads and we came to new Corvette with a license plate that read "BAAAAAD" that was holding me up. Couldn't pass him on the winding roads but we soon got to a straight away. I dropped her down to third, gave it some gas and the Corvette started to accelerate thinking he wanted a race. By the time I shifted into fourth gear and got to look behind I was up to 110 mph (nah...not me, that must be a typo, I would never speed) and the Corvette was no where to be seen. He obviously gave up and that was the smart thing to do. Maybe he was going to consider getting another license plate?

The Vanquish is an incredible car but I don't quite understand why the difference between the two is not played up more than it is. It must be a marketing thing.

Being the novice that I am, I saw a big difference. The ride was not as soft, but it was still smooth and definitely more planted on the road and together with the steering and braking improvements, the car felt safer and easier to control around corners and at high speeds. Understanding of course that this is all relative and while the Vanquish gave me some of the most incredible driving experiences of my life, I do feel that the Vanquish S does go to that next level.

The Vanquish S is...an incredible machine made even better!

It sounds like it was a great drive! The review is nice as well, you might want to consider posting it as a comment on the main page. It will definitely be accepted !
    Here is the link:
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...hp&carnum=2096
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

none of the comments get accepted.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    none of the comments get accepted.
    I just accepted a couple
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    I just accepted a couple
    One time I posted a comment saying that I was the man, but I think it wasn't accepted.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

your review on the Vanquish S is very good. what is your opinion about the Vanquish? i want t see how different they both are? is the Vanquish S yours?

great jod teaching that corvette a lesson let us know next time you take it out for a special run...on the track maybe
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

Quote Originally Posted by silverhawk
    your review on the Vanquish S is very good. what is your opinion about the Vanquish? i want t see how different they both are? is the Vanquish S yours?
    Mine is a Vanquish S that is going to be a 2006 model year with still further upgrades. The car I drove was a 2005 Vanquish S.

I have driven the regular Vanquish. That is the car that in fact I drove when I made the decision to order the 2006 Vanquish S.

The Vanquish is also a super car. It has all the attributes the "S" has but it just isn't at the level the Vanquish S is at. More of the same great ride but different in that the "S" goes to that next level and therefore you are getting a superior performing car. The regular Vanquish still has great performance.

sounds great. if you dont mind me asking, would you do the egg nog test for us? heres what you do, write your user name on a piece of paper and then stab it over the gearshift, or if you have paddels, the paddle, and take a picture for us

i believe you but i just thought id get this out of the way
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    sounds great. if you dont mind me asking, would you do the egg nog test for us? heres what you do, write your user name on a piece of paper and then stab it over the gearshift, or if you have paddels, the paddle, and take a picture for us

i believe you but i just thought id get this out of the way
    I think he still hasn't got the car.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    I think he still hasn't got the car.
    I am sorry but Ferrer is correct and I can't do the egg nog test. All the cars that I have been driving are cars from the dealer where I ordered my Vanquish S.

My car is going to be a 2006 Vanquish S which goes into production in August and should be completed by early September. Instead of having the car brought in by ship, I am having it flown in so it should arrive in the early to middle of September.

I promise to do the egg nog test then!

*Checks Profile*

What about boats? Do you own one by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    *Checks Profile*

What about boats? Do you own one by any chance?
    Don't tell me you are going to make me do the egg nog test on my 60 foot motor yacht?

Quote Originally Posted by LovinVanquishS
    Don't tell me you are going to make me do the egg nog test on my 60 foot motor yacht?
    If it has a gearbox why not?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The egg nog test...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    If it has a gearbox why not?
    It has throttles and when I go to the boat next time, if I can remember, I promise to do it.

Thread Information