Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A new Ferrari ?

A new Ferrari ?

Do you think ferrari will make a small car with a small V8 to compete with the 997 Carrera S and the Aston V8 Vantage ?

i think they'd never make a car smaller than f430
    12 cylinders or walk!

You forget the 208 GT4 / Dino

There have been rumours in the press over the last couple of months that Ferrari are considering a new 'entry-level' model, something like a 21st century revival of the Dino. There has been nothing concrete from Ferrari on the matter, it is all just speculation and rumour at the moment.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    You forget the 208 GT4 / Dino
    That is the forerunner of the F430.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

they were created for fight against the 911.

now the F430 is not in the same category as the 911, but in the category of the 911 Turbo

I agree it's all speculation and rumours.
    NEVERTHLESS the circumstances allow ferrari to do such a move.
    -entry level F430 is 500hp. There is plenty of room for a Ferrari around 400 hp. I don't think that it would hurt the marque's prestige, as the Modena was 400 hp and everybody was raving about it.
    -Ferrari can use the Maserati 4200 underpinnings as they won't be used by Maserati. They have opted to use 159 platform for next GT (not 100% sure though)

I suppose even if they go for a 2+2 GT they will make it more racy and exclusive than the Carrera or DB9. Probably sold in less numbers to ensure the marque's prestige.

Ferrari build 5000 cars a year, no more. That exclusivity is part of the appeal, according to them. They'd have to raise the bar or abandon it entirely to make another model, and they'd probably prefer not to do that. Given this, and the fact that the Dino was basically created to commemorate Enzo's son, it's doubtful that there'll be an equivalent.

ya

new issue of road and track has new entry level ferrari for 07. front engine V-8 based on the Maserati coupe. Looks nice IMO.
    [FONT=Georgia]undefined[/FONT][COLOR=RoyalBlue]nescar23[/COLOR][IMG][B]nescar23[/B][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    There have been rumours in the press over the last couple of months that Ferrari are considering a new 'entry-level' model, something like a 21st century revival of the Dino. There has been nothing concrete from Ferrari on the matter, it is all just speculation and rumour at the moment.
    There have already been some concept pics of the new dino.
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt

yes but nobody said that they are authentic
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    IIRC they were just computer mock-ups done by the magazines, not from Ferrari.

I hate it when magazines do that, put some computer-chopped figment of their imagination on the front cover of the magazine and claim "EXCLUSIVE: We get details of stunning new Ferrari!"
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Ferrari don't have a car production limiter. There is no corporate rule saying that "We will never produce more than 5000 cars"
    I agree that more cars means less exclusivity and Ferrari will think twice before they do anything as serious as introducing a new model. But if it's in their interest to do so, why not.
    After all now is the time to capitalise on all the investments made in F1. Fiat is in serious trouble and I'm sure that they push Ferrari to bring more cash in.

Conclusion: Who knows...Anything can happen

Since Maserati is owned by Ferrari, they have the 3200 GT to compete in the entry level market. So I don't think Ferrari would even bother bringing out a car that would lessen the scuderia's "exclusivity."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight
    Ferrari don't have a car production limiter. There is no corporate rule saying that "We will never produce more than 5000 cars"I agree that more cars means less exclusivity and Ferrari will think twice before they do anything as serious as introducing a new model. But if it's in their interest to do so, why not.
    After all now is the time to capitalise on all the investments made in F1. Fiat is in serious trouble and I'm sure that they push Ferrari to bring more cash in.

Conclusion: Who knows...Anything can happen
    Are you sure about that? I thought it was kind of an unwritten rule at Ferrari that there are to be no more than 5000 cars produced? Although, I believe that the limit was originally MUCH lower and they've gradually upped the limit as demand has soared, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it went up again.

Quote Originally Posted by t_r_m
    Since Maserati is owned by Ferrari, they have the 3200 GT to compete in the entry level market. So I don't think Ferrari would even bother bringing out a car that would lessen the scuderia's "exclusivity."
    I don't think Ferrari are in charge of Maserati anymore. They were until recently, but I think they've been shifted on to Alfa Romeo like the hot-potato of the FIAT group!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Thread Information