Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The new Formula 1? Merged

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    So?

Will he still be in F1 post 2008 anyway?
    No but all of the current generation drivers does the left foot braking thingy.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    No but all of the current generation drivers does the left foot braking thingy.
    Surely they use a clutch when they drive a normal car?

I don't see a problem - they are supposed to be the "best" racing drivers in the world.

If they can't drive because someone introduces a foot operated clutch, then they all deserve to be stripped of their titles (those that have them) and sacked from the sport immediately.
    Thanks for all the fish

Well that's pretty much killed off any chance of a septic getting an F1 drive any time soon!

"Three pedals?! But I don't need a parking brake!"

F1, I thought, was supposed to be the technological pinnacle of motor sports. Apparently that was the idea, but now they're changing it to the "mediocrity of motor sports" (from a technical standpoint at least) - I for one am not sure I like it, I like to see what hundreds of millions of dollars and thousands of hours of research & development and thousands of KM/miles of driving can produce on race day... I just don't know that I like where this is headed at all... It seems to me that if F1 were a race car, it would be making a huge scene in the gravel trap come '08...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

i agree w/ nopassn. F1 should be the pinnacle of motor sports and technology shouldn't be held back b/c i would like to see that pinnacle to continue to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    I'm almost certain schumacher smokes a pipe while playing cards inside that ferrari, and ross brawn is in the pits with a remote control
    Oh yeah...So when he reaches out of his car in the pits he must be getting more tobacco and making his next solitare move.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    It's difficult to know how it'll effect different drivers and different styles because hardly any of the current crop of drivers have had to use 3 pedals in an F1 car before! You'd have to assume though that all the drivers should've had plenty of experience in the junior formulas so it's not as if it's gonna be a new experience for anyone, they should all be able to switch back to a traditional right-footed braking style. The FIA don't specify whether they intend the gearboxes to be sequential or H-patterned. I hope it'll be H-pattern personally, just to make it that little bit more challenging, but I doubt it; could be just a little bit too retro for the teams and drivers to stomach!
    Even thats assuming they'll be using conventional helical cut/synchromesh gearboxes as opposed to straight cut dogboxes.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information