Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Just 6 drivers at USA Grand Prix

Quote Originally Posted by NAZCA C2
    The FIA and the big shots that run F1 are the ones that should be blamed for the USGP debacle. These new tire rules are ridiculous! This latest USGP fiasco will probably mark the death of F1.
    The new tire rule had nothing to do with it. The problem wasn't the tread not lasting long enough; it was the sidewall not being able to take the load of the cars through the banking. And Michelin themselves said that even if the FIA would have allowed them to change tires- which they could have in the interests of safety- it wouldn't have been safe for the drivers. Michelin didn't know how long a tire would last. Ralf's tire blew out on his first full speed lap.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

"The reason for this debacle is clear. Each team is allowed to bring two types of tyre: one an on-the-limit potential race winner, the other a back-up which, although slower, is absolutely reliable. Apparently, none of the Michelin teams brought a back-up to Indianapolis. They subsequently announced they were flying in new tyres from France but then claimed that these too were unsafe."
    From f1.com

Damn straight, penalize the teams. They should have brought the back-up tires. So what if they would have been slower? You don't see Minardi complain every race. I admire they're still in the sport. The Michelin teams should not drag down Bridgestone users just because they (Bridgestone users) had superior tires.

And for God's sake, stop blaming the Ferrari team. So what if they didn't agree to change that corner and add a chicane? It's not their business that the competitors have problems with tires.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03
    "The reason for this debacle is clear. Each team is allowed to bring two types of tyre: one an on-the-limit potential race winner, the other a back-up which, although slower, is absolutely reliable. Apparently, none of the Michelin teams brought a back-up to Indianapolis. They subsequently announced they were flying in new tyres from France but then claimed that these too were unsafe."
    From f1.com

Damn straight, penalize the teams. They should have brought the back-up tires. So what if they would have been slower? You don't see Minardi complain every race. I admire they're still in the sport. The Michelin teams should not drag down Bridgestone users just because they (Bridgestone users) had superior tires.

And for God's sake, stop blaming the Ferrari team. So what if they didn't agree to change that corner and add a chicane? It's not their business that the competitors have problems with tires.
    THIS and Quiggs post is what I agree with. Although the race should have been called off altogether. (I know it's contridicting but whatever)
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Don't have time to read all of the posts and maybe someone has already said that but:
    if it would have been Bridgestone tyre and all of Bridgestone teams would back out NOBODY would say anything bad about the race.
    I'm a bit tired with all this hatred for Schumacher. He was a best F1 driver for some time, now he's not, but people hate him the same. Everything bad in F1 always has to be connected to Ferrari or Schumacher.
    EDIT: and as for cancelling the race: I think Americans should be the first one to understand that NO sport in the world (and definetly not motorsport) can do without sponsors and TV.So,. with everything set, it really is impossible to say: hey everyone, let's hit some nice bar have a beer and we'll race some other day.
    Think about F1 schedule. The races are ALWAYS on sunday. Maybe there is a reason for the fact that there is ALWAYS at least a week of break between the races? And so it comes to this: lets change the whole schedule. Why?
    Last edited by emperor; 06-20-2005 at 02:43 PM.
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

Quote Originally Posted by emperor
    Don't have time to read all of the posts and maybe someone has already said that but:
    if it would have been Bridgestone tyre and all of Bridgestone teams would back out NOBODY would say anything bad about the race.
    I'm a bit tired with all this hatred for Schumacher. He was a best F1 driver for some time, now he's not, but people hate him the same. Everything bad in F1 always has to be connected to Ferrari or Schumacher.
    Well, half the time it's 9 teams voting for one option and then Ferrari voting the opposite way. That and Schumacher winning 1,000,000 championships in a row, you just get tired of it.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Well, half the time it's 9 teams voting for one option and then Ferrari voting the opposite way. That and Schumacher winning 1,000,000 championships in a row, you just get tired of it.
    I sense jealousy. You just can't help it that Schumacher is the world's best F1 driver.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

But so be it. You put the best driver in the best car, and that's what should be expected. Is it right? Probably not. But F1 is supposed to be the cream of the crop in both regards. It just happens Ferrari got both.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

So they're a team and have their voice just like all the others (everyone in its own direction, that is). If someone is the best he's winning. That's a reason to admire, not to hate. Get tired of what? Of seeing a man trying to better himself every season? Of seeing that no matter what the competition does you still are no.1? He's not on top now but, it had to end eventualy, but is F1 all that better when he stoped .... how to put it... "beating the living crap out of everyone"? (because that's what he did in the previous seasons). So now your dream has come true and Schumi is not a champ anymore. Happy? It doesn't seem that way, because as I said, a lot of people are still complaining about this "root of all evil" Ferrari and Schumacher.
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

Quote Originally Posted by emperor
    So they're a team and have their voice just like all the others (everyone in its own direction, that is). If someone is the best he's winning. That's a reason to admire, not to hate. Get tired of what? Of seeing a man trying to better himself every season? Of seeing that no matter what the competition does you still are no.1? He's not on top now but, it had to end eventualy, but is F1 all that better when he stoped .... how to put it... "beating the living crap out of everyone"? (because that's what he did in the previous seasons). So now your dream has come true and Schumi is not a champ anymore. Happy? It doesn't seem that way, because as I said, a lot of people are still complaining about this "root of all evil" Ferrari and Schumacher.
    It doesn't bother me, but that's just my explanation to why many feel that way. I wasn't too interested in F1 last season and the seasons before that. This season has been the only one I've really been interested in.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03
    I sense jealousy. You just can't help it that Schumacher is the world's best F1 driver.
    I understand that, but catching glimpses of F1 seasons ago got boring when you see a red car at the front of every race, with no interesting passing or strategy going on.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Fact is: Michelin thought it was unsafe.

The teams running on Michelin were screwed. Those on Bridgestone were easy points getters.

Going further to cement the relationship between ferrari and Bridgestone.

And you can't say Shumacher is the best driver because of this race; His biggest threat was Barrichello, and the Team would have told him to back off.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

There was never going to be a reasonable solution to keep everybody happy.

Installing a chicane just before the race would not have achieved anything since Michelin did not know the cause of the blow outs. Its suggestion was purely a clever bit of 'spin doctoring' to try and lay the blame at the feet of the FIA, since they knew they would never agree to it, since it would not have been: a)practical b)safe, since noone would have been able to test it (it could have made the tyres degregate more for all we know).

The teams had the option of running but at a reduced speed, but again how slow is slow? How do you stop the drivers from going too fast (whatever that is)?

It was a really sad day for F1, someones head is going to roll at Michelin.

Of course Bridgestone could have offered to lend the Michelin runners a set of tyres as a 'one off'.

how can the FIA summon Michelin to appear at a world motor sport councel hearing when it is also their fault the team boycotted the race, because they didnt create a chicane.. F1 is about safety afterall. The FIA cant start punishing Michelin for being safe, thats just plane ridiculous, that said.. the FIA have never been too smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard
    Of course Bridgestone could have offered to lend the Michelin runners a set of tyres as a 'one off'.
    not possible, depending on what tyre you use, it dramatically changes how the car is designed, you cant just stick on a bridgestone and expect it to perform, it affects aerodynamics greatly, which would mean further gain from bridgestone. The Michelins are very different to the Bridgestones.. which is why they didnt run and the bridgestones did.
    Last edited by Cotterik; 06-20-2005 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard
    There was never going to be a reasonable solution to keep everybody happy.

Installing a chicane just before the race would not have achieved anything since Michelin did not know the cause of the blow outs. Its suggestion was purely a clever bit of 'spin doctoring' to try and lay the blame at the feet of the FIA, since they knew they would never agree to it, since it would not have been: a)practical b)safe, since noone would have been able to test it (it could have made the tyres degregate more for all we know).

The teams had the option of running but at a reduced speed, but again how slow is slow? How do you stop the drivers from going too fast (whatever that is)?

It was a really sad day for F1, someones head is going to roll at Michelin.

And what, lose the sponsorship of all the teams using their tyres and PAYING for them?

It is rather sad that michelin blamed the track, the FIA, when in reality it's at their feet.

When the wheels fall off the F1 Bandwagon, hey?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    It is rather sad that michelin blamed the track, the FIA, when in reality it's at their feet.
    read my last post..

Thread Information