Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible Hyundai - Williams partnership for 2006

Possible Hyundai - Williams partnership for 2006

It's all up for grabs at Williams now that BMW look set to make a deal with Peter Sauber.

Like every other current F1 team - with the exception of Toyota Racing and Red Bull Racing - Williams are for sale. Not officially, mind, not in the sense that there's a for sale sign over the gate; but to the right buyer at the right price, Patrick Head and Frank Williams would part with their shares. And that buyer might just be Hyundai, supported by Samsung. who might head up this Korean consortium? David Richards. Late of BAR Honda. Williams are also courting Honda and Toyota, who are known to be unimpressed by the form of Jordan who current use their second-string engines. Hyundai competed in the WRC, and David Richards developed contacts at the highest levels with Hyundai while in the Prodrive team at Subaru. Hyundai are one of the few car manufacturers not involved in F1 who have the ambition to run an F1 team (GM and VW the others) Sumsung are also looking carefully at getting involved, as they have good partnerships with Williams marketeers, having had extensive talks with them prior to renewing williams's $45 million per-year primary sponsorship deal with HP. Hyundai are well capable of producing their own V8, in -house. Or they may badge-engineer the promising new Cosworth V8. Watch this space, the truth will come soon enough..

Hyundai in F1? Doesnt exactly roll off the tongue.....

Personally i'd be much happier with VW getting in
    I am the Stig

They better make some very good contracts with Hyundai, because their record is very poor. The way they exited rallying was completely rediculous and very unfair on their British partner.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Hyundai has V8???

/drives a Elantra :P

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    I thought Hyundai is nearly out of money... where will they get money for an engine with F1 specs??? Also a rebadged Cosworth engine will cost money...

I don't believe into this story...
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

remember hyundai is not just a car company. they started off in ship and drydock building. They have billions in profit so it won't be a really big problem to get into F1.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

What about lotus ?
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17
    remember hyundai is not just a car company. they started off in ship and drydock building. They have billions in profit so it won't be a really big problem to get into F1.
    hyundai is a very big conglomerate, not only shipbuilding and shiprepair, but also shipping services, general construction, electronics etc. It is set up along similar lines as Mitsubishi in Japan but that has not prevented mitsubishi cars to run into big trouble.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

but then everything Mitsubishi sucks now... when's the last time you see a Mitsu TV, or A/C, or crane?
    but i'm starting to see lots of Hyundai MP3 players (and construction cranes).. :P

It all depends on how much they are willing to spend.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Hyundai will grow into a Korean Toyota in 5-10 years. (IMHO)
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    What about lotus ?
    Holy crap I didn't think of that. That would kick a lot of ***. They could modify the old Espirit engine, if they still have some lying around.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver
    Holy crap I didn't think of that. That would kick a lot of ***. They could modify the old Espirit engine, if they still have some lying around.
    LMAO

wait that was a joke right?

Lotus make engines? thought they stopped that long time ago...

Lotus is severely lacking in one very important matter in formula one - money

Thread Information