Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Possible Hyundai - Williams partnership for 2006

Def this year for the V8's, Minardi are the only ones expected to keepthe V10 and that's expected to be rev limited
    I am the Stig

so, teams can still run theyr V10's from this year?

who will be supplying engines for jodan next year then?
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Def this year for the V8's, Minardi are the only ones expected to keepthe V10 and that's expected to be rev limited
    Poor Minardi.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Poor Minardi.
    Might work for them as far as reliability's concerned, but they'll get absolutely raped as far as performance goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    so, teams can still run theyr V10's from this year?

who will be supplying engines for jodan next year then?
    Technically yes, but its not as clean cut as the V8 being optional, i think they need to prove they cant access a V8, in Minardi's case although Cosworth are developing the V8 still, theyre the only supplier so the engine would be way too expensive.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Might work for them as far as reliability's concerned, but they'll get absolutely raped as far as performance goes.
    and that is different from this year how?
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

well getting an existing engine to last for 2 races seems alot easier than getting a new design to do the same thing. considering Minardi's engines will also be under much less stress, perhaps only doing 15-16000rpm's compared to 20000rpm from the V8's. I think the FIA wanted to get down to about 700hp, and will limit any V10's so that they are around that figure. Cosworth have already gotten 800hp from their V8, so whether the idea worked much like this years aero rules, or Cosworth's success with the DFV etc has carried over
    I am the Stig

Hyundai Formula 1

Well I have read an article from Hyundai stating their desire to go into Formula 1 so I think it is an absolute possibility. Also in yesterday's F1 qualifying in France, even the presenters have heard the rumor's and with BMW/Sauber merger, then this is a big possibility now.

On the Rally front, Hyundai admitted early on that they had made crucial errors the first time out and needed a complete re-think. That is partly why the research and development plant in Germany came about to build on this experience and come back stronger in 2006 with a new car and more experience. As one of the biggest companies in the world, it is well within Hyundai's capacity to enter F1 and do well.

With Kia (Hyundai owned) focusing on the more affordable end of the sales market with their new product line up, Hyundai will want to focus more on the sports theme and doing well in Rallying and entering F1 will be part of their brand building strategy. I mean it didn't take them long to dominate the sports coupe market with the Hyundai Coupe now did it? If I remember rightly, Toyota had that market sown up with the Celica and is already the best selling coupe in the world, so its possible IMHO.

Thread Information