Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Completely unrelated to cars but strictly Australian : FOOTBALL!!!!

Completely unrelated to cars but strictly Australian : FOOTBALL!!!!

Whos the winners (Eagles), losers (Dockers) and all the rest. I apologise for my absence but I'm back for a bit now and let me kick off with one of my trademark "Start a huge long conversation with millions of ins-and-outs" (hopefully).

So lets hear here it, who do we rate and who do we hate?

For me its the Dockers I hate, as on paper they probably have one of the best teams in the league and yet making it into the eight is trouble enough.

like many nswelshmen, i dont pay much attention to AFL, but nevertheless....

sydney 6th on the ladder!! w00t!!
    I am the Stig

Woof Woof Woof Go the Western Bulldogs 29 years of age and i have been going since i was 2. @ the age of 4 i fell over the fence and hit my head in the gutter. To this day i have a slight dint in my head but that wouldnt stop me
    My Mum's a Bulldogs My brothers a Bulldog my 2 nephews and 3 neices are also.
    My mums dad was a ex bulldog player and president of the combined past players and life member of the Footscray football club (Western Bulldogs)
    Enough about me building my clucb and me up

I dislike the Richmond Tigers.
    Many years ago when they were down and had 7 straight wins we went to a game at the MCG to play them. I seen people buying up big the clubs gear and leaving the tickets on them and plenty also buying Memberships.
    To me your on them at the start all the time good and bad not just when they are winning.
    And then a Ex Western Bulldog player went there last year and walked out on us in not so good turms. Then this year our former coach who made many bad coments about my club and was kicked out after not wanting to coach this team he coculdnt take anywhere also went to the Tigers. But we have had a history there for some time now that goes back to 97.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

i can't stand collingwood but that pretty universal
    also the way hawthorn play shits me as well

woohoo essendon rolled st kilda 119 to 104

Damn Essendon, I was so close to changing my tips last mintue to pick them to win too...

I rate:

Eagles: Pretty obvious since they're my home team. Oh yeah, they're also kicking ass. Best midfield in the league, on of the best defences, and a forward line thats just starting to get going.

Brisbane: A lot of people wanted to see them go down but they're still a force to be reckoned with when they have some confidence. Always good to watch with a hard physical style of play and great skills in their veterans. Plus Jonathan Brown is an absolute monster and great to watch.

Swans: A bit up and down this season like most teams but if they can get it together I'd like to see them win (just hopefully not against the Eagles).

Cats: All round Hard-working team who should be able to recover to stay in top four contention.

Who I don't rate:

Saints: The constant loss of Hamill has hurt them bad, and I reckon they've done their dash for the moment.

Fremantle: I've already said why.

Richmond: Similar situation to Saints, the loss of Nathan Brown has hurt them real bad, and an over-reliance on Richardson will come back to haunt them.

They need to get like us we lost Chris Grant - Luke Darcy - Danial Giansirucusa - Ben Harrison - Adam Morgan - Tim Walsh - Tom Williams And Steven Koops retired 8 weeks ago. We have coverd them injures and keeped on winning.

Who i rate -

- North Melbourne, call em the home team (Sortof, they play 5 games a year here) been backing them all my life

who i hate -
    - Sydney, Ever since they knocked the kangas out of finals contention by 1 kick a few years back, ive HATED them.
    The Datto will rage again...

My Mother supports St. Kilda, I don't really care for AFL.

But the Whole family supports the ACT Brumbies! Super 12, Super 12 !

Soon to be Super 14!
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Being a Port Adelaide supporter I hate the Crows the most. I also take pleasure in seeing Collingwwod fail , mainly for Eddie. The Dockers and Saint Kilda must be the biggest jokes with all of their concessions and draft picks and they still cant get their sh!t together.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

i like the dockers. i think of them as the n00bs of football. Been around a while but never been further then the 1/4 Finals. Poor buggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    i like the dockers. i think of them as the n00bs of football. Been around a while but never been further then the 1/4 Finals. Poor buggers.
    If you like the underdog thing I suppose. We are noober.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

whilst that is true. PA also have had success so arent as bigger n00bs as Freo. I nearly "chose" Port as my team. First game i ever went to as kid was roos vs port and the Kangas owned so ive backed them. If port had won i could easily be a port follower.

WE play games up your way to bluey

Where is footscary btw?

Victoria.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information