Thread: No pain, no gain

No pain, no gain

http://www.itv-f1.com/Silverstone_Ne...WS&PO_ID=33371

WILLIAMS PRAISES WARRIOR WEBBER
    Last Updated: Tuesday, 05, July, 2005, 15:33

Williams has revealed that Mark Webber was exposed to cockpit temperatures of 80°C during the French Grand Prix and has praised the Australian for braving it out to secure a better qualifying slot at Silverstone.

The team was forced to pour a bucket of water into Webber's cockpit during one of his pit stops after a rubber grommet came off, creating a hole in the chassis that blew hot air into the car.

Webber's hip suffered burns as a consequence, which were treated by a doctor at the trackside after the race

"He showed real Aussie grit and got on with the job despite circumstances that would, I'm sure, have seen most of the other drivers retire," said a team spokesman.

"We weren't having the best of weekends which made Mark's commitment all the more remarkable."

Webber admitted that he was in a lot of pain during the French Grand Prix but wanted to put himself in the best qualifying situation possible for Silverstone.

"Yes, it was pretty uncomfortable, but I got through it because I wanted a qualifying slot next weekend at the British Grand Prix," he said.

"It hurts a fair bit, but there's no question of it stopping me racing next weekend, no way"

The team has promised to fix the problem in time for this weekend's British Grand Prix.
    I am the Stig

true aussie-get-on-with-the-job-no-matter-the-pain style, GOOD ON YOU MATE!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

well, up to now any proper training result achieved by Mr. Webber he subsequently blew by a lousy start, so really no point in continuing in France
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

and here we were having these talks about safety... =/

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    yea i read this on ITV site a few hours ago... i think its just one of those things that people make a big deal out of... hey, some people suffered a lot more than that in their life to gain something but no one make a big deal out of it.... it's part of life get over it.

edit: even if he get pole position on sunday i'm sure he'll screw up the start... just like his other starts this year. I'm over webber the oz boy.
    Last edited by r1ckst4; 07-06-2005 at 04:41 AM.
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

what makes you so sure its him screwing the start up and not an electrical issue with the clutch. williams have openly admitted to having shit starts
    I am the Stig

Thread Information