Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitler vs. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by emperor
    One major difference:
    Hitler was inteligent and he was one hell of a good strategic leader
    I totally agree about the comments made on Hitler. We are led to believe that he was insane-paranoid-wacko etc. I don't think that a psycho-chimp would have such an effect on the world.
    Clarification: I don't approve his methods, but I must say that in times of war, everybody makes war crimes. I don't think that it makes much difference if the crime is killing with a rifle, or burning a corpse after killing him in a gas chamber.

However I don't like it when people start saying Bush is stupid etc. If he was so, he wouldn't be where he is now. Opinions like the above are fuelled by the European propaganda, which tries to devalue Bush. I don't know if he is the best leader of them all, but I wouldn't go as far as calling him stupid

Look Bush is kind of a D-Bag and I do hate a lot of his policies, and I see what you are saying, but I don't think he is quite as bad as Hitler. I don't see this "propaganda" you speak of, however I do believe the only reason we have him around is because he promised tax cuts and that he would make America safer. He does divert from many of the US problems by focusing on the War.

I am not saying he is a good guy and that I disagree, I just think that him and Hitler are different, although they are both nationalistic a-holes.

Good points made on this topic. However I think that you can't really compare the actions of two leaders. You can't quantify their actions. You can't say
    Hitler: 2000 points for killing Jews
    Bush: 150 points for not finding Weapons Of Mass Destruction.

We can only discuss on facts, rather that compare actions

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    do you call the killing of thousands of innocent people that mostly didn't even need/want war justified ?

Bush will probably get a lot richer after his retirement, cos of all the thank-you-for-letting-us-make-billions-of-the-war-gifts...
    Youd feel differantly if you knew people over there fighitng. There was 3 kids over there from my high school. RIP SERGANT ANDY ECKERT. The world has problems and you really dont know alot about bush if you dont live here. The tax cuts are great for my family. Hes done many great things.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    I prefer Hitler's moustache....
    ROFLMAO

Hitler has given us the Autobahn, Bush only gives us war and terrorism!
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

There is a difference. Hitler ruthlessly slaughtered millions. The only ones Bush have killed are those involved in teh war, and some civilians. But that is to be expected. I think this is a downright silly comparison.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by Rijoh
    ROFLMAO

Hitler has given us the Autobahn, Bush only gives us war and terrorism!
    He also gave us Porsche and VW. But did Hitler not kill millions of innocent jews?
    And how did Bush bring us terrorism? Are you saying its Bush's fault that 9-11 ever happened?
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Hitler and Bush can not be compared fairly. Hitler was accomplished at things. speech, writing and strategy. bush is a little less qualified. he cant give a good speech. he cannot write a good speech(excluding the address on 9/11) and hes not that great of a leader. mind, im no nazi, but hitler had alot more going for him than bush does.
    pondering things

Hitler: Genius, incredible strategist, saved Germany from depression. Result- killed millions of innocent people, spread hatred around the world, created a terrorist Nazi regime.

Bush: Well-liked (by SOME, not me), down-to-earth, had a great plan to dethrone a dictator by the name of Saddam Hussein. Result- Hussein is gone, but many innocent lives have been taken, and the war is still going on. The plan looks great on paper, but the execution was bad.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

You can't compare the two at all, I don't personally like Bush but he in no way compares to Hitler. But still 2008 can't come soon enough. Also here in America there is plenty of anti-Bush news, propaganda, etc. The problem is that is overshadowed by America's love with nonsense news. Its pretty sad when the front page of the newspaper has stories on American Idol and Steroids in baseball, then on page 4 or 5 is a story about how in January 2001 the CIA had determined that Iraq no longer had or was trying to aquire WMD's. And whats this on the next page, a story of a ex-CIA agent sueing the CIA, after the CIA ignored his proof that Iraq did not have WMD's nor WMD programs, and then the CIA started a campain of slander against to discredit him. It's horrible and makes me sick. How can one president get impeached for receiving oral sex, and this man and a whole gov't can get away with ingaging in a senseless act of war?
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Tifosi
    How can one president get impeached for receiving oral sex, and this man and a whole gov't can get away with ingaging in a senseless act of war?
    Because people are stupid.

Isn't there an old saying about arguements, that if you have to bring up Hitler, you automatically lose?
    Last edited by Quiggs; 08-04-2005 at 01:18 PM.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight
    Both US and European people get both opinions. It would be unrealistic to think otherwise. But in Europe, most reports on the subject are anti-Bush. On the other hand in the US, most reports favour Bush policy.
    No-one gets 100% reports favouring one opinion. But MOST reports favour one opinion.
    WHERE are you getting the info that Europe gets "anti-Bush" reporting ??

AND if you think US news carries the breadth of opinion of European, Asian news then you need to get out more

Beyond SKY, "MOST" reports dont' favour one opinion !!!
    Can you explain the reasoning and experience you have to make those statements ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I think that you are overestimating European people and on the same time underestimating US residents. That's fine with me, I'm European, but I don't agree.
    Can you give us some insight into the experience this is based on ?
    US is multi-cultural also. Europe can't be considered as one nation. It's comprised of several countries that are culturally seperate. For sure there are multi-cultural nations in Europe, but I don't see how they differ to the ones in the US.
    IN the US the majority conform to a US-centric culture driven by the genreal uniformity of avialble life styles and media.
    WHY can't Europe be considered in the same breath as the US on this topic ? I dont' understand.
    There are as many differences between the history and the opinions of the differetn states that make up the US as there are in Eureop - just not as wide/disparate.
    I love this kind of discussions!!!! Especially when people from other countries participate!!!!
    true
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Both US and European people get both opinions. It would be unrealistic to think otherwise. But in Europe, most reports on the subject are anti-Bush. On the other hand in the US, most reports favour Bush policy.
    Actually, about 75% of the American mainstream media is anti-Bush.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

I totally agree about the comments made on Hitler. We are led to believe that he was insane-paranoid-wacko etc. I don't think that a psycho-chimp would have such an effect on the world.
    Atilla did a not bad job

The first 5 years of Hitler coudl be considered driven by a desire to restore a great nation, but then it got all out of hand as some of his conclusions and decisions were clearly driven by a complete lack of morals and value for others. Of course by his last year he WAS certifiably insane !!
    Clarification: I don't approve his methods, but I must say that in times of war, everybody makes war crimes. I don't think that it makes much difference if the crime is killing with a rifle, or burning a corpse after killing him in a gas chamber.
    erm, it depends on whether the other person is trygin to KILL you or not and ho wmuch planning you put into extermination.
    Nope, the gas chambers were inhumane and for that alone give the man a clear LUNATIC label.
    His paranioa also took hold and EVERYTHING had to be agreed with him , despite NOT being a great battle tactician he was demanding he made the decisions. Be thankful for that tho as without the need to awaken him at 2am on D-day and everyeon terrified to do so then we may not have been successful !!
    However I don't like it when people start saying Bush is stupid etc. If he was so, he wouldn't be where he is now. Opinions like the above are fuelled by the European propaganda, which tries to devalue Bush. I don't know if he is the best leader of them all, but I wouldn't go as far as calling him stupid
    There's plenty of US "propoganda" makes the same claims.
    I personally judge stupidity by a persons actions and not just what I've read.
    It was stupid to go into a war without an exit strategy.
    It was stupid to go after a nation because of a leader and because of an attack by individuals.
    All these have done is create a mindset for the terrorists to build support.

Thread Information