Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speeding - what excuses have you used ?

Speeding - what excuses have you used ?

The Northumbria Safety Camera Partnership has released what it believes to be the definitive list of bizarre excuses for getting caught speeding. These extravagant excuses include alien hypnosis, low-flying aircraft, a dying hamster and bouts of diarrhoea.

Here is the top 10:

1) I had passed out after seeing flashing lights, which I believed to be UFOs in the distance. The flash of the camera brought me round from my trance.

2) I was in the airport's flight path and I believe the camera was triggered by a jet overhead, not my car.

3) I had a severe bout of diarrhoea and had to speed to a public toilet.

4) There was a strong wind behind my car, which pushed me over the limit.

5) My friend had just chopped his fingers off and I was rushing the fingers to hospital.

6) The vibrations from the surfboard I had on the roof rack set off the camera.

7) I had to rush my dying hamster to the vets.

8) A violent sneeze caused a chain reaction where my foot pushed down harder on the accelerator.

9) There was a suspected case of foot and mouth and I had to rush to see the cow concerned.

10) The only way I could demonstrate my faulty clutch was to accelerate madly.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Back before we had plastic "credit card" looking licenses, we had paper ones that had excess trim on the bottom .... in small print it read "TEAR ALONG DOTTED LINE", ... never had the guts to try to use that as my license to speed

^ha nice one

never been done for speeding myself. Notice how i said never been caught

(i never be irresponsible with speed, the max over i go is about 10-15ks tops, which is enough to get done)
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

it is always the cameras that catch me. No use to think of fancy excuses against them.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

No speed cameras in Slovenia... ...yet.

I've used the having to go to the toilet excuse before - it works depending on the cop though.

True Story:

Venezuelan friend of my dad was in Orlando staying with a friend, when he received a call that his father got a heart attack. The closest airport with an available seat in a plane that was leaving to Venezuela was Miami's (About 4-5 hours trip Orlando-Miami)

They both got in the 996 Carrera of the guy who lives in Orlando and took the highway. After driving at 140 - 150mph for a couple of minutes they eventually got stopped by the police. The driver explained what had happened and the cop, after seeing the 40+ year old man crying in the passenger seat, believe it or not allowed them to continue without a ticket.

The cop also notified highway patrols and cops from the other counties to allow the black Porsche to fly down the Turnpike Highway. Pretty crazy

I was drunk and couldnt see the speedo properly

shame ive not passed my test yet
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

^^Neat story.

I ain't speedin', I'm qualifyin'.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

^^^Yeah, very heartwarming, I like the part about how he radioed all the other cops too. Gets me thinking though, how cool would it be to use that excuse just to have a license to speed for a few hours?
    Signature? We don't need no steenking signature

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    it is always the cameras that catch me. No use to think of fancy excuses against them.
    Nothing a hacksaw and the dead of night/veryearlymorning can't fix...

My personal favourite is the one that was used by my dad- I know I was speeding, "I was trying to get away from the wife after I dropped her favourite china. It's her period right now."

I saw on tv a guy with a ferrari 355 I think. He was caught driving 120 km/h at a road where 80 was allowed. his excuse:" my speedo is broken so I havo to estimate my speed by my rev-counter." That officer goes like: " well sir, I see the problem but you sure gotta notice the difference betweem 120 and 80 km/h."
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Try " Im sorry officer, i, didnt know i couldnt do that...

Quote Originally Posted by PininfarinaPIMP
    Try " Im sorry officer, i, didnt know i couldnt do that...
    or: "there is a speedlimit at this road?? you must be joking, right??"
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

my dad always used to speed home from the plant after work. One day he flew past a speed trap and the cop lost him. the next day the officer waited for him and said "Iv been waiting all day for you" and my pops replied "well I got here as fast as I could" the cop seen it as a good laugh and let him off with a warning.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Thread Information