Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMW adverts

BMW adverts

Are BMW promoting the 1 series on TV in any other countries aside from the UK?

This is the first BMW advert on TV I can think of apart from the inital 1 series adverts last summer.

Sales must really be flagging, probably because all the gulliable idiots have brought one and real people know it is a rubbish car...
    Thanks for all the fish

Not seen it yet.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Nope, doesn't sell very well in the UAE either but no, no ads at all from the Beemer group.

The promoted the 1-serie also here in the Netherlands, it was the first time BMW adverted on the TV here, after that they also promoted the 5-series Touring. In Germany they advert a lot, even the 6-series and Z4!
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

recently i spoke to someone from the BMW dealership. he told me that they only sold 7 1-series compared to 60 3-series in the past months !!!! and this is one of the larger bmw dealerships of the country.you rarely see one on the streets, luckely.still the ugliest car ever made me puke on when i first saw it.literally. (ok, i did had some alcohol )

"It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

Are the 1 series sold in the US?
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

You tell me.
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

The one series is not sold in the US or here in Canada and I have only seen one BMW ad for the X3 which is a small SUV-esque thing
    The McLaren F1- The most fun you can have with your clothes on

"Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Good Looking Corpse" -James Dean, weeks before dying in a car crash at the age of 24

Advertising BMW in TV

Those ads can also be seen in Portuguese tvs.

Greetings,
    RU

they well be selling both the car in north america in about 2 months

No they won't, they'll be for sale, but they won't sell any. The Americans have had the chance to witness everyone's loathing of it.

Aaages ago BMW did an advert for the X5 over here in Australia, and more recently there's been one for the 5 Series Touring, but those are the only two off the top of my memory. What I would love seeing is more of the BMW mini-movies. I remember the one with the M5 and Madonna, brilliant "adverts" for BMW.

Just because a car is not to your liking does not mean its rubbish, so now the cars these days are judged all on there looks… BMW 1series is probably the best hatch in its size, BMW never intended it to sell that much, in Australia I think the car is 42k now that not exactly a bargain for a car that size in a hatch, when u can get a corolla for 19k and a GTi Golf for 39k drive away, people are not prepared to pay big money for a hatchback, are you? Add an extra 10k and get a 3series.. there are also news that the 130i will be coming soon, 193kw RWD hatchback….
    WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!! Renault F1 :)

I saw it tonight. Making a big deal over parking sensors. So what?! You can get those things on a Citroen C2 these days.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Thread Information