View Poll Results: Sorry about the tardiness.

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • laxplayer98

1 3.23%
  • Rijoh

0 0%
  • pterps

1 3.23%
  • CHEESE-TACULAR

1 3.23%
  • Cotterik

2 6.45%
  • johnnynumfiv

0 0%
  • Sauc3

1 3.23%
  • Fumacher

4 12.90%
  • Rebirth of Xar

7 22.58%
  • Speedracer38

2 6.45%
  • Titanboy_24

11 35.48%
  • UCR

1 3.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Voting] Comp 42 Weekly Automotive Photo Contest

[Voting] Comp 42 Weekly Automotive Photo Contest

laxplayer98
    Some Bentleys
    FC Kerbeck (exotic car dealership)
    Last Month
    Nikon Coolpix 4300

Rijoh

Ferrari F50
    Galleria Ferrari, Maranello
    Last month
    Canon PowerShot A520

pterps

Ferrari 430 spider
    Maranello
    25th of July
    Canon Powershot A85

CHEESE-TACULAR
    Couple on a Motorcycle
    Turkey
    a week ago
    Canon 350D

Cotterik
    2 dusty Ferrari 360 spiders after tour from dubai to england.
    Liverpool
    Last week
    Canon Powershot A85

johnnynumfiv
    Ferrari 328 GTS
    Lime Rock
    7/29/05
    Canon S2 IS
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Sauc3
    Aston Martin DB7 GT4
    Gold Coast Aston Martin
    2 Months ago
    Pentax Optio 555

Fumacher

Ferrari 275
    Nikon 5400
    Knokke- Belgium
    Last week

Rebirth of Xar
    Ferrari 250SWB
    beginning of July
    Limerock, Maserati Ferrari Days
    Canon Powershot Pro 1

SpeedRacer38
    Bentley
    NYC
    8/15/2005
    Canon Digital Rebel XT

Titanboy_24

Lambo Gallardo
    Lambo track day
    July 27th
    Nikon D70

UCR
    Jenson Buttons parade car.
    Turkish Grand Prix.
    21/08/05.
    Samsung 3.2
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

God... that half hour it takes to make a voting thread kills you. BTW, RoX got my vote.
    Last edited by Rockefella; 08-27-2005 at 11:21 PM.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Rebirth of Xar got my vote, great picture.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Titanboy24 again cause its simply amazing but it was tough between this and ROx

This is really getting silly. All photographers with no access to high end exotics have no chance of winning. Most of the photographs up here are of a decent quality, and some I would even publish, but few are really interesting. There is more to a really good photograph than technique and a good subject. A good picture should tell a story or raise a question to be really interesting, to really stand out from the random exotic car shot.
    The only shot up here that I found interesting was the couple on the motorbike, but that got only one vote. If the winning photograph would have contained a Toyota Corolla, it would have not gotten a vote, so it's the car that wins, not the photograph. It makes little sense to continue calling this a photography contest.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

^^^Gospel truth.

Think about these pictures that win with the Challenge stradales and lamborghinis and what not. Put a Honda Civic in that picture instead of a Ferrari.
    Zero. Votes.

And it gives people who don't live in places where you walk down the street and see a Ferrari a huge disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    This is really getting silly. All photographers with no access to high end exotics have no chance of winning. Most of the photographs up here are of a decent quality, and some I would even publish, but few are really interesting. There is more to a really good photograph than technique and a good subject. A good picture should tell a story or raise a question to be really interesting, to really stand out from the random exotic car shot.
    The only shot up here that I found interesting was the couple on the motorbike, but that got only one vote. If the winning photograph would have contained a Toyota Corolla, it would have not gotten a vote, so it's the car that wins, not the photograph. It makes little sense to continue calling this a photography contest.
    something like this maybe....sorry it was taken by a camera phone but is this the type of pic you are expecting, i am just interested to know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by oodis
    something like this maybe....sorry it was taken by a camera phone but is this the type of pic you are expecting, i am just interested to know.
    Would that shot be any good with a Honda Civic in it? What is that building in the background?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I live in a small town in The Netherlands and exotic cars are very very rare here. I must put some effort to find those special cars and when i found one, i take pics of it.
    I will not take pics of ordinary cars cos it will make me look like a weirdo and i dont feel like to take pics of it.
    Just imagine a guy taking pics of a Megane from the streets. ...hmh

I agree that a picture with a story behind it, is more worth then a regular pic, but then most of us are not prof. photographers.
    FERRARI RULEZZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Would that shot be any good with a Honda Civic in it? What is that building in the background?
    its an arabian style place where back in the old days people would make a fire in the middle and start talking about their every day life. they were the bedoins of the desert and in the winter it gets pretty cold, so the fire is needed. These arabian bedoin things (they are called arasha)are always created on a rocky hill so that the low sandstorms hit the rocks and not hit the people sitting there. ofcourse these things were made only for those who are extremely wealthy and have class at that time. So a car that costs a house and a symbol for ultimate luxury is what i think suits this story perfectly
    This is an exact replica excpet with minor differences.
    I use it to smoke sheesha (i think its called hookah in the U.S) and use the fireplace for a barbeque. The I thought the phantom would look perfect with that in the background.

I dont think this is a better pic from the previous one i posted, but i love this car's face. it ridiculously huge in person.
    Attached Images Attached Images

also, if you notice the pics up there, none of the photographers seem to have 100% control of the car they are taking a pic off. I am sure if they had the keys to the cars then they could easily show us pics that would make C&D's photographers look bad.

Wouter i have a picture of a regular car i plan on entering this week....well see how it goes!
    My Photography-
    [url]http://www.JTPhotos.net[/url]

[url]http://www.anything-auto.net[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Fumacher
    I live in a small town in The Netherlands and exotic cars are very very rare here. I must put some effort to find those special cars and when i found one, i take pics of it.
    I will not take pics of ordinary cars cos it will make me look like a weirdo and i dont feel like to take pics of it.
    Just imagine a guy taking pics of a Megane from the streets. ...hmh

I agree that a picture with a story behind it, is more worth then a regular pic, but then most of us are not prof. photographers.
    I'm not criticizing the photographers, I rather question the motives of the voters.

(Ted Joans)

can someone please make the photo comp 43??
    My Photography-
    [url]http://www.JTPhotos.net[/url]

[url]http://www.anything-auto.net[/url]

Thread Information