Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: general photography comp #14

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    maybe not my best shot ever, however one of the most difficult ones to make.
    Were you working sans-tripod?
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Were you working sans-tripod?
    i have never worked with a tripod ever.

the bunker was in a very remote area of the dunes.i used a huge knife to cut my way through the bushes.then i climbed in it. using a light and a lighter i went in.first up were a few twists and stuff.you could still see the original german markings on it, for the soldiers to know where to go. after some wandering around into some chambers, i found this very long tunnel.it was like 1,5 metres high .i could not stand in it properly. i was something of about 150 metres into the tunnel when i took the picture.i did went into it further, beause the baterries in the light were almost empty.i didnt like the idea of wandering to deserted tunnels, with only a lighter.so i went back.

i looked it up later in a book. the tunnel leads to THE command post of the germans in the WWII. the command for the entire coastal defense of the southern part of the netherlands was there.that bunker is now destroyed.on this one there used to be a radar station.

there are still remains left of many other bunkers here. in my childhood years some friends and i went into one and found a knife.the knife carried the logo of the SS !!!!!!! we were scared as f**k and ran out.later we returned and took the knife. a friend showed it to his parents.they brought it to the police.this find was in the local newpapers back then.we were only 10 years old at the time.

we went into one were there has actually been fighting in WWII.the only place in a 60km radius where there has been fought in the war. two americans and one brit died and 4 germans. there were still huge blood stains on th bunker walls and some rusty bullets in the wall.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by drakkie; 09-10-2005 at 01:16 AM.

it would have been ery unpractical to use a tripod.it would ust be too big for the tiny manholes in the bunkers. i also don't own one

Thread Information