magracer---------742116--4--7
    TheOne-----------802450--2--9
    challenger------------------9--6
    adamfraser-----------------3--8
    fpv_gtho-------------------2--9
    Blue Supra-----------------1--11
    bob------------------------1--11

rules:
    Each comp. starts Monday morning, ending Sunday at midnight.
    The winner of the previous comp. will choose the car, track, tires, modifications of the new comp.
    If the time submitted by someone is unreallistically fast it will be excluded.
    You will PM your best time to SIMPLETON.
    You MUST PM your time to me if you wish for it to be included.
    The only member(s) who may post their time before Comp. is over, are
    My Porsche
    The one with the fastest time will be the winner.
    If you have a time that you think will win, take a picture as proof. If you win you will have to present this photo as proof.
    If I find out that any time is false, goes against any rules, or is done through any use of unfair play or cheatery, the user will be banned from the competition for one week and will be stripped of all their points.
    Scoring goes like this:
    1st place recieves 10 points.
    2nd place get 8.
    3rd gets 6.
    4th gets 4
    5nd gets 2.
    Everybody else recieves 1 point.
    There will be a secret time that, under the rules, should be easy to obtain. This will be called the target time. If you meet the target time you will recieve an additional 1 point.

so whatll it be thgis week jack?
    eat cicada

I'm interested in adding a time myself, but I don't play the game regularly and hard enough to quickly unlock the crazier cars (I spend too much time screwing around). Plus some cocky kid sold all my favorite cars, including an Alfa 155 race car, and a Nissan/Nismo whatever it was 350Z LM race car concept

My Lotus Europa, Ginetta G4, Alpine A110, Lotus Carlton and MR2 too

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    I wouldn't mind joining if you let me use the NSX-R.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

laziness got the better of me last week, although from those times i wouldve been about 40 seconds off JB's pace anyway
    I am the Stig

i thought there would be another 3-5 seconds in my lap... looks like Jack found that little bit more... again...

Ok I'm pretty busy at the moment so just made this challenge up on the spot, no idea how it's gonna work out. And I've gone for something a little bit different this week, which might not really work but what the heck! Here goes...

Arcade Mode, Time Trial

Track: La Sarthe I (ie the one with the Mulsanne chicanes)

Tyres: Racing super soft

NO QUICKTUNE

NO DRIVER AIDS

Now here's the unusual bit....

Car: A Le Mans prototype car of your choice! It can basically be ANY race car that has competed at Le Mans.

I didn't want to pick just one as they can be ludicrously expensive and hard to acquire so it might exclude a lot of people. So this should add the extra element of car choice; do you go for the brute force of the late 80's ground effect type cars (Sauber C9, Jaguar XJR-9 etc), the sophistication, chassis balance and braking prowess of the modern LMP cars (Bentley Speed 8, Audi R8), or something inbetween from the 90s like the Mazda 787B. The decision is yours boys and girls.

Enjoy!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Hmmmm....this one will require some experimentation and a lot of comparison laps...should be interesting and fun.

Target time? I'm thinking around 3 minutes 15 seconds. But i'll leave that up to you
    eat cicada

3:15 sounds pretty good. Do you want us to list what car we did it in with our time, just for the novelty of it?
    I am the Stig

Just out of interest, what cars are people using for this challenge? Just wondering whether there is some kind of concensus on which are the quickest cars. For me I'm still undecided. I've never been arsed to do the Le Mans 24hr races so don't own either Audi R8 or Bentley, so I can't really comment on how quick they are. I'm sticking to my golden oldies.

I'm undecided between the likes of Jag XJR-9, Sauber C9, Minolta Toyota 88C-V, and the two Nissan R**CP cars. The Sauber seems to be the quickest in a straight line but it's a bit of a pig through the corners and under braking. I'm swaying towards the Toyota as it makes up for it's power deficit with having an extra cog to play with, and it's a dream through the corners.

So what about you guys?

P.S. Nobody go posting times (except my_porsche!)

P.P.S. I forgot to post my pic from last week's challenge so here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

I've tried the 787B and R92CP so far, did better with the R92CP I don't have any other ones so that'll probably be it.

What kind of horsepower numbers are you guys getting? When I select the car, it says its supposed to have like 688 hp or something, but when i enter the tt it has ~900. The 787 has around ~800 in tt, it only shows like 630 or something on the car select screen

yeah on the big fast race cars the horsepower in the car selection screen is is genuine horsepower, ie the power it would have raced with due to restrictor plates and such. The hp in the setup screen is power without retriction. I prefer to drive them with thier genuine power, as its more realistic and has better traction.
    eat cicada

In GT mode ive been using the Pescarola's, but without the bigger turbo i'll probably take the 787B or Minolta. The Nissan's are pigs to handle, but the Sauber seems alright to me.
    I am the Stig

After researching a little on other forums and websites, I went for the Toyota Minolta V88 (or something similar). Got it from El Capitan 200. I know we are not suppossed to post times, but without trying too much (10 laps or so) I´m already sub target time. And you guys know I'm not even close to the fastest here... so, are you going to hold to that target time?

The Toyota 88C seems to be the best all around to me.

Thread Information