Thread: First Chop Ever (Viper) BE GENTLE!

First Chop Ever (Viper) BE GENTLE!

Okay, this is my first car chop ever, and first time 'brushing'

I ran into a few snags, like the background when lowering the car sort of messed up the 'alignment' of the background because the background wasn't solid, and i tried to fix it w/ smudge, obviously didn't work, and can't get rid of the smudge because I didn't have enough "step Backward" hehe.

ORIGINAL

Changes
    -----
    Color
    Rims
    Lowered
    Z3 Vent
    Viper Logo
    Tinted Windows
    Side Skirt (from saleen mustang)

I realize now that I should've picked a better original picture. The weird obular shadow on the side skirt, the lighting on curved hood, and the sharp color changes on the original sideskirt right before the black lines make it look bad as it's hard to tell how good it came out. If you hadn't known looking at my side skirt it would look badly implemented because it has a sharp drastic darker blue line, but that is actually normal compared to the original.

easy to fix the smudge..... just cut the section of the background off the original picture and paste it onto the chop....

Chop isnt too bad, if you continue to push your skills you will find that you improve fast. Dont be affraid to experiment with things.
    Self confessed boost junkie:)
    84' Nissan N12 EXA, E15ET turbo.....with upgraded turbo:)
    UCP's biggest Afro on a white man!!!

Overall that's actually a very good chop as a first chop, mine was much much worse!

Just a couple of things that might help you, first of all when lowering find a line which can be lowered, not through a gradient, and use that to lower. For instance, I'm guessing that you just cut straight across and straight through the gradient. Instead of doing that, keep close to the body upwards into a solid colour, which makes for a much cleaner lowering. The new rims seem to be slightly off size, and I can see the old rims because they don't seem to well positioned either. Taking time with your chops leaves much much better results. The colour change looks nice, there's just a couple small details which need to be touched up. Keep at it, you'll get much better and make more successful chops.

Also, tutorials help heaps, go through as many as possible and learn as much as possible.

tahts a pretty damn good first chop

just a shame about the background

lol its about time this got posted again...

here is my first ever attempt 10 mins after i go PS

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...achmentid=9196
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Thanks for the tips guys. Yeah, I did this last night from 3 to 4 am, I guess my brain wasn't working on all cylinders because I couldn't think of "copy & pasting the section in the background" to fix the smudge

I'll try to fix the wheels to. Although I can't see where you say you can see the old rims.

And Mustang, as a mustang lover why a corvette!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen Hobo
    Thanks for the tips guys. Yeah, I did this last night from 3 to 4 am, I guess my brain wasn't working on all cylinders because I couldn't think of "copy & pasting the section in the background" to fix the smudge

I'll try to fix the wheels to. Although I can't see where you say you can see the old rims.
    The rims are off centre, and very slight edges can sometimes be seen. Try to make sure your wheels are centered in proportion to the car, that way you don't end up with broken rims. Also a tip for the future, use pictures of wheels with brakes. Find a picture at the same angle as yours, with the wheels that you like, and then copy and paste them onto yours, front on the front, rear on the rear. Usually they vary slightly in detail, and they add to the overall look of the picture. Matt's High-Res Hide-Out is about the absolute best source for pictures you can use in chopping on the internet.
    Also, when you have lowered the car you end up with space which isn't filled under the car, where there was black before. In real life, this would mean that only the body has been lowered, whilst the undercarriage stays at the same height. Just cover up some or all of the left over area with a colour sample of the original colour (usually just plain black), and cover it up. That way your picture will look more and more realistic.
    One final thing, I don't believe that the front windscreen should be painted, but it provides for an interesting look . Attention to detail is everything in the world of chopping.
    I hope that didn't sound too harsh .
    Can't wait to see improved chops from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen Hobo

And Mustang, as a mustang lover why a corvette!!

it was better than destroying a mustang
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3
    The rims are off centre, and very slight edges can sometimes be seen. Try to make sure your wheels are centered in proportion to the car, that way you don't end up with broken rims. Also a tip for the future, use pictures of wheels with brakes. Find a picture at the same angle as yours, with the wheels that you like, and then copy and paste them onto yours, front on the front, rear on the rear. Usually they vary slightly in detail, and they add to the overall look of the picture. Matt's High-Res Hide-Out is about the absolute best source for pictures you can use in chopping on the internet.
    Also, when you have lowered the car you end up with space which isn't filled under the car, where there was black before. In real life, this would mean that only the body has been lowered, whilst the undercarriage stays at the same height. Just cover up some or all of the left over area with a colour sample of the original colour (usually just plain black), and cover it up. That way your picture will look more and more realistic.
    One final thing, I don't believe that the front windscreen should be painted, but it provides for an interesting look . Attention to detail is everything in the world of chopping.
    I hope that didn't sound too harsh .
    Can't wait to see improved chops from you!

Yeah that's where I got the original pics, but I didn't find the rims I wanted so I just got a singular picture of Rims (no wheels) found from a site in the "Chop Rescources" sticky which is why they may appear that way I'll be sure to grab 'em w/ wheels as well in the future.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by the lowering. (Like where I should darken it I mean).

Im glad too see you weren't too ambitious. Start with the side views.

But carry on and I'm sure you will be a good chopper.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Thread Information