Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not entirely sure I'd want to drive this through too many towns.

if it weren't for the nazi markings and the fact that it's hitler's parade car, I'd be all over it.

Boohoo. It's a Nazi vehicle. I suppose we should destroy it so nobody will get upset.
    The Holocaust happened-we aren't honouring Hitler by restoring his car, and the Holocaust won't be disrespected if someone buys it.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

It is a nice looking car, but I'd stab myself six times before I'd get in anything with a swastika on it. Its not that it was a nazi car, its what the swastika symbolizes and it being on there.

The Swastika is what makes it what it is, a German staff car. Im part black, and my sister is jewish, and i know what offends people. It doesnt make a difference about the Swastika, its different if you wore a Deathshead uniform while cruising, that would be going a little too far...

I gotta admit it looks cool

Quote Originally Posted by "Clevor" Angel
    It is a nice looking car, but I'd stab myself six times before I'd get in anything with a swastika on it. Its not that it was a nazi car, its what the swastika symbolizes and it being on there.
    I suppose we should also take the stars off the US flag because if you put a circle around it it becomes Satanic...
    The swastika is a symbol of peace. Anyone not in Europe or Amerika will tell you that. It originates from India as te spinning wagon wheel of progress, trade and everything good. There's actually a good number of gov't buildings built before the 1930's in Washington DC that have swastikas on the, and the design of a swastika is brilliant as a floor plan, allowing several edges see light. I wouldn't want a Nazi swastika on my car either, but the thing's a piece of history.

The swastika has shown up for thousands of years as a symbol for many cultures, but you have to be careful because people always take it as meaning nazi.

But how many people, let alone Jewish people, do you think are going to accept that the Swastika was a sign of peace though?
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    But how many people, let alone Jewish people, do you think are going to accept that the Swastika was a sign of peace though?
    As I said before, if you go drive that thing around with a swastika on it anywhere not in Europe or North America and nobody will know the difference. Swastikas don't mean holocaust in Asia.

Well its the people that dont know much that are going to take it as the Nazi symbol. Mainly becaues most people had never seen it in ANY other culture until the Nazis used it.
    Its just uneducated people that will go apeshit with this kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    This might be a bit more suitable if you want a Nazi-mobile but you've got a low budget.

Link
    its true!

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    I suppose we should also take the stars off the US flag because if you put a circle around it it becomes Satanic...
    The swastika is a symbol of peace. Anyone not in Europe or Amerika will tell you that. It originates from India as te spinning wagon wheel of progress, trade and everything good. There's actually a good number of gov't buildings built before the 1930's in Washington DC that have swastikas on the, and the design of a swastika is brilliant as a floor plan, allowing several edges see light. I wouldn't want a Nazi swastika on my car either, but the thing's a piece of history.
    As far as I've heard the swastika is the peace symbol BACKWARDS, correct me if I'm wrong. Yes its a peace of history, but it would be the same thing as driving through town with pentagrams or F**K YOU on every side of your car, it will offend much more than anything else. I never said to take it off the car for any other reason but ME DRIVING it, otherwise yes leave them on, they basically tell you flat out the history it has. Go ahead leave them on, my point in posting this thread was basically to say Its pretty and all, I just wouldn't want to own it, too hard to sell, hard to impress, its more of a museum piece if you ask me.

Thread Information