Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Test Drive Unlimited

Old, but nice little video most may have not seen.
    Its the one at the very bottom with the AMV8 on it.

Check out the end.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

More Test Drive goodiness my friends!
    ~New places?
    This is a no go. The island takes up 4 gigs of the disc space. So no downloadable places.

~New Cars:
    The list has been update with the Mazda RX-8 and Lamborghini Miura

~Customization!
    There is alot of customization, and ABSOLUTELY NONE of it is like Underground 2. If you wants part for your Lamborghini, you will actually have to go and find an actual Lamborghini tuner on the island!

Also, when buying a car, you can not only choose the wheels or color, but the interior as well!

~Misc.
    Power windows, opening doors, its all here when you look at your cars. If you look behind (not in the mirror; actually behind) you can really see the inside of the back of your car.

~More Home Info.
    When you look at a home, you can either look at 1 of 3 options, 2 of which I know. The outside of the home itself and the garage.

~Cutscenes....
    Everything you do is most likely going to activiate an awesome cutscene.

~Weather:
    There will be weather changes, but the talk of night seems unlikely as they report the island itself takes up a lot of memory and a night time would take a little more than wanted.

~Graphics:
    The game is set at 30FPS which isn't bad considering how much we're working with here.

And here is the big 10 minute video for your enjoyment. I can't stop watching it!
    http://nwcgn.com/td1.wmv
    I have comp.s starting in January for 2 other sites. I haven't decided to run a UCP one yet as I don't know how many are actually interested in it.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

i wonder if the game will play just as good

it looks pretty good, but nowhere near as awesome as PGR3
    halo 2 - november 9

And how so?
    Its basically somewhat PGR3 with more realism added.

BTW, some new info.
    Damage is expected. The reason we did not see damage is that the game is still running on an older kit. Damage is in as seen on the pedistrian cars. But we also suspect damage could be implemented in the final build.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Damage is good. I hope they add night time driving.
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

It will probably be a great game but in the the renderings/photos from the game the cars look kinda wierd. They don't look 100% to scale........
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by GT F1
    Well, the head developer himself said it may not be possible, but I think he's pulling our chain...that or the older build had something close to night time.
    These 2 shots can be 1 of 2 things....
    Either the older build at Night Time (these were shots from it at the time)
    OR
    The sun is coming out after some type of weather.
    I'm betting its dawn though...
    But we'll have to wait and see.

I found the answer.

The game will go like this:
    Dawn-Day-Dusk
    Then restart. There are too many issues with making night racing according to the developers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by F1_Master; 10-08-2005 at 08:50 PM.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 released.
    Audi and TVR Announced

http://xboxyde.com/news_2123_en.html
    New Video (No Sound)

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands, Oct. 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Atari, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATAR - News) today released further details of Test Drive: Unlimited for the Xbox 360(TM) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Packed with over 100 vehicles, one thousand plus miles of open roads, and an abundance of online options, Test Drive: Unlimited is the ultimate online automotive gaming experience. The action in Test Drive: Unlimited takes place on the open, diverse roads spanning the Hawaiian island of Oahu. Making full use of Xbox® Live® online gaming service, racers around the world will challenge others to join them in the virtual paradise of the game's persistent online racing world. Players can engage in online challenges, and build communities by creating or joining exclusive members clubs to talk, trade cars, and race with other like-minded drivers in one of the most comprehensive online racing experience to date.

"Test Drive: Unlimited is a powerful next generation racing title that draws upon the amazing online capabilities of Xbox 360(TM) and offers a fantastic gaming experience," said Marc Metis, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Atari Inc. "Test Drive: Unlimited pushes the boundaries of racing in video games, delivering an experience that only Xbox 360(TM) will offer."

Players will build collections of the most sophisticated and fastest licensed cars in the world from manufacturers including Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Audi, Lotus, Dodge, Pagani, TVR, Jaguar and many more. All vehicles are rendered to reflect their real-world counterparts, with unrivalled interior detail boasting full car functionality, including radio, horns, windshield wipers and more. Drivers can customize their vehicles with parts and accessories from the actual manufacturers' catalogues to suit their individual tastes.

Gamers can create challenges or races from more than 50 game rules and settings. Online competitions and tournaments can be held between club members or between different clubs. Division-based rankings will help separate the top drivers from the casual car enthusiasts, helping reinforce the status of Test Drive: Unlimited as the only complete online driving experience.

Test Drive: Unlimited for the Xbox 360(TM) is scheduled for worldwide release this coming spring.
    Last edited by F1_Master; 10-10-2005 at 04:45 PM.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Manik
    It will probably be a great game but in the the renderings/photos from the game the cars look kinda wierd. They don't look 100% to scale........
    Yeah totally! They look disproportionate - I've seen many amateur car models that look way better than that.

10 bucks says this game doesn't live up to the competition.

You're forgetting the game is nowhere near final stages.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Yeah totally! They look disproportionate - I've seen many amateur car models that look way better than that.

10 bucks says this game doesn't live up to the competition.
    Good point. Although the game is underdeveloped, Test Drive has a reputation for being a cheap game. I think they're trying to nix that image, now, though.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by GT F1
    There is no damage on the cars, i saw a vid and i found very upsetting
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

This game looks soooo awesome...

Any news of a release date?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

By the way guys, when is the 360 out?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Thread Information