Thread: Change of Government Likely for New Zealand

Change of Government Likely for New Zealand

It's not really my area, but I might be moving back to new zealand, and since we have a few Kiwi members, i thought this might be relevant.

Helen Clark, the Leader of the Labour Party, and the Prime Minister for the Past 6 years, is still bullish about her parties chances, but Don Brash's Nationals seem to have the edge, it might be another coalition government needed to make the new parliament workable.

Keep Up to date on the results (It's a small country, so they can do these things easily) at http://xtramsn.co.nz/news/0,,13174,00.html
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

i might move to NZ when i graduate because my HECS fees are gonna kill me
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Yeah, you can Default your Student loan, it even gives you enough to live on!

Default, the two sweetest words in the english language......

Dunno about how well Clark's domestic policies are perceived in NZ, but internationally she seems to be well repected

Speaking as an Aussie, weighing up NZ's PM Clark against our dirty little PM Howard is like comparing champagne to shit

Clark is known for her anti-Iraq policies and is just as well known for promoting the Clean,Green Image that has made NZ a tourist hotspot.

Brash is threatening to remove the Nuclear-Free Stance (Thats some Tabloid Journalism for you, he said he's Investigating all options ) but to be fair to the bloke, he's got some serious intelligence behind him.

Clark is an Infinitely Better PM than Howard, but she didn't have to make her way through up the Grotty Liberal Ladder, Did she ?

Living in Wellington as I did during the last election (I actually went to school with the Then-opposition leaders son-Arrogant b##tard) she's got some serious popularity. It's a really tight race, it's like 50 seats to 48 or something.

50 to 49. Its really gunna be the Maori party that sums up what party is in government. Personally I think Helen should have a 3rd term, Don Brash isn't right for this country.His center-right views are best for somewhere else. Personally I would've hoped for the Greens to be in power but since they've always been a small party it wouldn't happen. They do however have a strong alliance with Helen Clark and Labour so their influence is there.

Thread Information