Thread: Hispano-Suiza H6C - A Royal Relic

Hispano-Suiza H6C - A Royal Relic

I thought you would be interested to know that the Hispano-Suiza H6C with a Laudelet bodywork by Kellner was owned by Princess Adelaide of Bourbon-Parma and Hapsburg-Lorraine, widow of the Grand Prince of Tuscany and regularly driven by her on the run from Paris to her villa in Menton until her death in 1984. I can honestly say I've never been in a more confortable car. Whoever owns it now owns a piece of European history. I must admit it breaks my heart to know that it has now been sold twice since 1984 Posted in loving memory of Princess Adelaide by HSH Prince Louis Richard de Bourbon-Parma e Savoia, Prince de la Pau

interesting, is that Landaulet or Laudelet? And Welcome to UCP btw
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

wrong spelling you got there, delapau.
    welcome to ucp and where are you from?

Sorry, I must have got my fingers crossed on the keyboard - it's landaulet, of course. And I'm in Bulgaria, paying for my sins in a previous life, probably. I just happened to be trawling the internet one day and found this site and thought I'd have a look at the Hispano-Suiza collection. You can't imagine the shock I felt when I saw my great-aunt's car pictured! We were all so upset when it was sold in 1984 and now, to think that it's been sold again... Dreadful!
    And thanks for making me feel welcome on the forum.
    All the best,
    Louis Richard de la Pau

any relationship with King Simeon? And by the way, you may also write this story as a direct comment to the car, because it is interesting enough for that
    Last edited by henk4; 09-21-2005 at 12:13 AM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

He's a very distant cousin - and not the brightest person I've ever met, either...

Thread Information