Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is the best racing car company?

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    the MR FQ-400 kicks Quattro's ass

yes but imagine if audi never made the first quattro, mitsubushi woulnd be where they are today
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    yes but imagine if audi never made the first quattro, mitsubushi woulnd be where they are today
    that honour goes to Mr. Ferguson.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerider
    Nascar ??
    i hate nascar with a passion, thats not a valid point in the ferrari argument, all the other races, quite good points, but nascar, all it takes is the ability to turn left and push the pedalsthey dont even shift once the get up to speed (which they stay at the whole 5,000 laps) and the people in it are so awful too

dale earnheardt junior was fined $10,000 and 25 points for purposely spinning his car on the third lap, and another $10,000 and 25 points for saying his record at tallidega was "aint worth shit"

buncha stupid hicks
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    Ford, and yes Audi, they were once so damn good, y did they get banned anyway, i heard it was because they were too good, anybody got the true story behind it?
    same thing with porsche and le mans, they werent too good, they just found loopholes in the rules and exploited the loopholes, to be better, and therefore dominating their respective classes, its not that they were too good, its that they were too smart, they found that edge that they needed, and they used it to dominate. le mans and the other governing bodies kept changing the rules to exclude porsche/audi's newest invention, and finally porsche got fed up and just flat out left le mans in 1999, right after the 911 gt1 finished 1-2 the carrera gt was supposed to be the next le mans car, but then they turned it into a road car after they left le mans
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Alfa Romeo, Bugatti, Ferrari, Lotus, Maserati, McLaren and Porsche. All others are incidents or the result of rediculous amounts of money.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Alfa Romeo, Bugatti, Ferrari, Lotus, Maserati, McLaren and Porsche. All others are incidents or the result of rediculous amounts of money.
    I have to disagree with you on this one Mr. W M .. In 1912-14 Audi was kicking @ss. Triumphant successes for Audi cars in the world's toughest competition events, if any thing Ferrari, McLaren are the result of ridiculous amount of money,,do you agree?
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by QUATTRO MAN
    In 1912-14 Audi was kicking @ss. Triumphant successes for Audi cars in the world's toughest competition events, if any thing Ferrari, McLaren are the result of ridiculous amount of money,,do you agree?
    In 1912-1914 Audi was non existent. Auto Union had some successes as a German Government sponsored Formula 1 participant in the 30ties (we would now call that a ridiculous amount of money). Audi returned to existence in 1965, and only in the eighties got involved in motorsports with the quattro stuff. Audi was selected by VAG to be the vehicle for the GT/Prototype racers, later they used Bentley for that purpose. A very limited motorsport tradition, but a relatively short time ago, which blurs the view.
    McLaren really started of as a very poor company, got very successfull in Canam and F1 but was close to extinction in the early eighties before the financial injection of Mansour Ojjeh.
    Ferrari never had big amounts of many, only in the last 10 years they took up the gauntlett and decided to make the best F1 team ever. Success is always attracting money, so yes, now they have the largest budget.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    In 1912-1914 Audi was non existent. Auto Union had some successes as a German Government sponsored Formula 1 participant in the 30ties (we would now call that a ridiculous amount of money). Audi returned to existence in 1965, and only in the eighties got involved in motorsports with the quattro stuff. Audi was selected by VAG to be the vehicle for the GT/Prototype racers, later they used Bentley for that purpose. A very limited motorsport tradition, but a relatively short time ago, which blurs the view.
    McLaren really started of as a very poor company, got very successfull in Canam and F1 but was close to extinction in the early eighties before the financial injection of Mansour Ojjeh.
    Ferrari never had big amounts of many, only in the last 10 years they took up the gauntlett and decided to make the best F1 team ever. Success is always attracting money, so yes, now they have the largest budget.
    So you are telling me that the research I did is wrong? this book called "A HISTORY OF PROGRESS" page 20 is a bunch of lies I cant believe Audi would go that far to lie to us..I don't know where you got your info from,,,,,,,,,,
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by henk4

Actually,

Audi became a brand in 1910 when August Horch (the founder - whose name Horch means Hark in German, hark translates to Audi in Latin) who had fallen out with the directors of his original car company and started afresh. He entered competitions the following year and won, then repested that several more times in following years. This was long before Auto Union and the four rings of Audi, DKW, Horch and Wanderer became symbolic of the Reichs backing. Auto Union became non existent after the war and then subsequently re-emerged in the 1950's, later Audi became a seperate sector of VW in 1965.

Ferrari have long been regarded as having one of the biggest budgets since that became a point to argue over back in the 70's and 80's. At the time Fiat used to throw money around like it grew on trees as they had more of it than most even before they owned Ferrari outright. Thats not to say that they used it wisely of course !!!

J.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    i hate nascar with a passion, thats not a valid point in the ferrari argument, all the other races, quite good points, but nascar, all it takes is the ability to turn left and push the pedalsthey dont even shift once the get up to speed (which they stay at the whole 5,000 laps) and the people in it are so awful too

dale earnheardt junior was fined $10,000 and 25 points for purposely spinning his car on the third lap, and another $10,000 and 25 points for saying his record at tallidega was "aint worth shit"

buncha stupid hicks
    Just because you dont like a sport doesnt mean you can prettle this kind of crap....and if it doesnt require any skill then why arnt you in it makeing millions? dipshit.

Oh yeah and suprise suprise my vote goes to ford...and to add to it they have Australian rally championships here numerous ATCC wins and have competed in nearly ever class of raceing we have had in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by QUATTRO MAN
    So you are telling me that the research I did is wrong? this book called "A HISTORY OF PROGRESS" page 20 is a bunch of lies I cant believe Audi would go that far to lie to us..I don't know where you got your info from,,,,,,,,,,
    I did not want to tell you that your research was wrong, Bladerider told the story about Horch (which is close to me as my granddad had two Horchs, including an 853) and I knew that Audi was a car company before the merger into Auto Union. There are some but very few original Audi's left, which VW is keen to acquire as proof of Audi's historic roots. What I did not know was that old August engaged his cars in some races, which must have stopped in 1914 anyway because of the first world war. Audi as we know it now was a marketing trick, when DKW, the only remaining partner of Auto Union after the second world war, and a prolific producer of two stroke vehicles, finally adopted a 4 stroke engine for their F102 two stroke compact car, which then became the Audi (75,60 and Super 90). Then VW stepped in to take over the factory and kept the name.
    The quattro concept then brought audi back in motorsports.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    but that could be said about anything

if no one invented the wheel we wouldnt have cars at all

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche

buncha stupid hicks
    lol

in some states they get fined more for saying god damn then fcuk

saleen s7
    1992 mustang gt twinturbo'd
    1988 mustang gt bottlefed
    2004 mach 1 resting in garage
    see pic's of my car's at www.turborides.com

Thread Information