Thread: Ultimatecarpage.com update (09-22-05)

Ultimatecarpage.com update (09-22-05)

In recent years the auctions and sales preceding the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance have become increasingly prominent. All auction houses try to make the most of the high concentration of millionaires that The Concours attracts. Many of the catalogues read like a what-is-what in the classic car business with the likes of Ferrari, Duesenberg, Rolls Royce and Aston Martin all strongly represented. In this year's sales, two of coach builder Figoni & Falaschi's bodied Talbot Lagos took centre stage. Their legendary 'tear drop' shape is among the most famous of all 1930s designs. The unique Ferrari 250 GT Breadvan hybrid was offered for the first time in almost twenty years, an occasion for which some of our readers crossed the country to witness.
    We have found time in our busy schedule to attend five of the auctions and sales and have summarized the offered lots in a report and 125 shot slideshow. Included are the Blackhawk Exposition, the Christie's auction of Exceptional Motor Cars at the Jet Center, the Bonham's sale of Collector's Motor cars, the RM Monterey Sports & Classic Car Auction and the Gooding & Company Pebble Beach Auction.

Monterey Peninsula Auctions and Sales report and slideshow
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...tem.php&rid=89
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

There is a cookie in it for the one who can guess which member flew across the country to see the Breadvan and has not stopped talking about it since that day.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

nopassn?

EDIT: In http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/slide.php?num=5318 , is the car in the far disance a new corvette with an old C1 body on it? I seen one exactly the same at Lime Rock a few months back. I have pics too.
    Last edited by adamfraser; 09-22-2005 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser
    nopassn?

EDIT: In http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/slide.php?num=5318 , is the car in the far disance a new corvette with an old C1 body on it? I seen one exactly the same at Lime Rock a few months back. I have pics too.
    yes, it is/was me... and no, that is an original vette.
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Thread Information