Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do Ferraris suck?

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Also, however much you delude yourself, a fast 'n' furious Skyline or whatever will never be as well set up or "complete" as a Ferrari.
    Doesn't quite have the appeal either. mostly now, when you buy a Ferrari, you're buying the badge. One thing that that badge stands for is cutting edge, race engineered driving technology. They have earned that. The road cars have always been a side endevour to fund racing. Had I the amount of disposable funds the average Ferrari buyer has, and given the option between buying and tuning a skyline until it is faster then the Ferrari I could buy for the same price, I would just go ahead and buy the Ferrari because I wouldn't have to worry about getting one shitty tuner part that fails and screws my whole set up. I would also be buying into the craftsmanship and prestege of owning a Ferrari.

Regardless of your opinion of the modern Ferrari, you have to admit that they are on whatever pedistal they are for a reason.
    pondering things

I'd rather get a TVR, Mercedes, or a Spyker

A tuned anything can be faster than a ferrari, just as long as its tuned enough. But it still wouldnt have the quality, or be worth half as much. or look half as good.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by 3spddrft
    I saw a Ferrari Enzo a few weeks ago and it was truly amazing but a tuned skyline, 350z, 240SX, RX7, Mustang, Fiero, MR2, Firebird, 3000GT, WRX or Eclipse could beat it in one way or another for less money.
    Yeah but it's not an enzo, it's rice.

Quote from a ferrari owner (my uncle)
    it's funny really when i ever stop at the traffic lights theres ALWAYS someone who give me the thumbs up or some other gesture, on the other we got ricer, and thats not a problem
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Check out my thread "are ferraris overarted" in eurocars forum.
    John Buffum was the man.

UCP's most violent member; a lump of destructive energy.

I think Ferrari deserves everything it gets; They've made some truly beautiful and fast cars in the past and continue to do so. I don't like the whole "F1 car for the road" thing, though. By that I mean all those electronic doo-dads, the paddle shifting.. all that jazz. Phooie, I say. If I wanted a Ferrari, I'd want a 288 GTO, these new cars are essentially training wheels for the wealthy elite (that don't know how to drive).

Also, on the list of cars mentioned in the first post, Fiero's have been and always will be worthless as cars, and of all the cars you could modify, no Fiero will ever be as good as a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Radoman
    I think Ferrari deserves everything it gets; They've made some truly beautiful and fast cars in the past and continue to do so. I don't like the whole "F1 car for the road" thing, though. By that I mean all those electronic doo-dads, the paddle shifting.. all that jazz. Phooie, I say. If I wanted a Ferrari, I'd want a 288 GTO, these new cars are essentially training wheels for the wealthy elite (that don't know how to drive).

Also, on the list of cars mentioned in the first post, Fiero's have been and always will be worthless as cars, and of all the cars you could modify, no Fiero will ever be as good as a Ferrari.
    I 100% agree with you. I would like a 288GTO, 250LM , F40 as a Ferrari.
    But a f430, 612 or enzo? hell, no.
    John Buffum was the man.

UCP's most violent member; a lump of destructive energy.

Ferrari have completley lost the ability to design beautiful cars. But they dont need to because it has a Ferrari badge. Their cars are being built to be driven by people who cant drive and I would imagine the driving experience is becoming less involving because of this. And theres the badge ... its got a good reputation ... but I would never admit I drove a Ferrari unless I wanted to be friends with gold diggers or other "toffs".

IMO Ferraris have become mediocre and the choice of people who cant make their own choices and dont expand their horizons. Its also the choice of young kids who can only afford the poster. But if someone has dreamt of getting a Ferrari, I say by all means get it ... but you could get something with more character for your money.

I'd pick a ferrari over any tuned car anyday, sure their not as beautiful as before, parked side by side the ferrari will still say more than one of the mentioned tuned cars, i suppose i'm not so into top speed but aesthetics, modern ferrari's tend to be more of a fashion or trend amongst buyers, so if i wanted a bit more 'character'... how's about a 288GTO, 250GTO or california, Dino .........
    The Ferrari is a model of the past bound to the present to create the future.

Sow Ferrari's are handmade. But I think there are numerous other brands with handmade cars (Lambo, Spyker) that are much cooler to own. And be honest, are the modern day Ferrari designs that much better than the old ones. If some one would ask me if I'd like a Enzo or a 365, I would go for the 365.

And if I had a real choice, I wouldn't buy a Ferrari at all, but I would go with the Dutch engy's and get meself a Spyker...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by qmonoid
    so if i wanted a bit more 'character'... how's about a 288GTO, 250GTO or california, Dino .........
    Precisely. My point was that modern Ferrari's are yawn material.

This thread sucks. Its basically poor people who will never own a Ferrari and if you do have enough money most of you prolly would by an italion stalion in a heartbeat, I know id have atleast 4. But same can be said with the Saleen S7, Porsche Carrera GT, Lamborghini Murci, and the Bently Continental GT. What it really comes down to is some people would love to have these cars but cant afford it so they complain about it on a forum. As being the Astons less flashy that gave me a chuckle. My neighbor has a DB9 and gets all the attetion when he stops at the pump. The F430 has a better power to wait ratio then the F40. If youve ever seen the inside of an F40 the car has nothing to it. Id rather have a F50 over an Enzo or a F40.
    Last edited by rev440; 09-25-2005 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    This thread sucks. Its basically poor people who will never own a Ferrari
    Oh, how convienient. But no. Just because we dont have shed loads of money, does that mean we arent qualified to comment?

And as for the F40 and F430 comparison ... ROFLMAO! The F40 is MEANT to be stripped out, duh. Its a road racer. And why is it slower? Because it was made 15 years ago. Performance isnt everything. You dont buy an expensive car because its fast (unless your racing it), you buy it because its enjoyable. Why spend £100,000 on something you dont enjoy driving?

And Ferrari is widely known as "rich toff" material. We're not saying we think it is as such .. we're speaking for the "silent majority". Porsche is also a "rich toff" car and Aston Martin. Pagani is widely unknown, thus it is not considered "rich toff" even though in appearance it is. Also, how the hell did you manage to relate a car getting alot of attention with it being "flashy"? A TVR or Lotus gets alot of attention, but they arent particularly flashy.

LOWER-CLASS POWER!
    (My Dad drives a £55k Range Rover Vogue )

This thread sucks. Its basically poor people who will never own a Ferrari and if you do have enough money most of you prolly would by an italion stalion in a heartbeat,
    You are an offensive little prig aren't you.

The opinion of "poor" people doesn't count?

And we should listen to you instead because you know people with expensive cars, that makes you a leading authority of course

I could concievably buy a Ferrari inside of 5 years - a 308 can be had for under £15,000, a 328 under £30,000. Even newer cars aren't that "expensive" a 348 £30-35,000, 355 £40-60, an early 360 £60k.

Even if I had a few hundered thousand beer tokens to spare I can think of many more cars that I would consider before thinking about modern Ferraris.

They are mainly the preserve of lottery winners and Footballers - a show of wealth for people who need to show others how much money they have.
    Thanks for all the fish

This thread sucks. Its basically poor people who will never own a Ferrari and if you do have enough money most of you prolly would by an italion stalion in a heartbeat, I know id have atleast 4. But same can be said with the Saleen S7, Porsche Carrera GT, Lamborghini Murci, and the Bently Continental GT. What it really comes down to is some people would love to have these cars but cant afford it so they complain about it on a forum. As being the Astons less flashy that gave me a chuckle. My neighbor has a DB9 and gets all the attetion when he stops at the pump. The F430 has a better power to wait ratio then the F40. If youve ever seen the inside of an F40 the car has nothing to it. Id rather have a F50 over an Enzo or a F40.
    And I suppose you're wealthy enough to comment. Maybe you should hand out some welfare checks and food stamps because, obviously, we're poverty-stricken.

Thread Information